The House Projects Thread

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: The House Projects Thread

Post by Rich B »

I put the roof onto the playhouse over the last few weeks, I started with some felt which just looked a bit naf (not helped by me buying light grey felt).... so I thought I’d try and improvise some rustic shingles from the old front fence panels that I took down the other day.

I still need to do the other side, but I quite like it - it brought back the character that was lost with the felt (which is of course underneath still.)

I also need to decide whether to put the slide coming out of the house through a roof dorma or just make another window!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Superb stuff Rich!!!
John

Post by John »

That looks ace.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Good call, also it should insulate it a bit, I find felt just soaks up so much heat from the sun that it makes buildings unusable in summer.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

The little fella loves it too (though not as much as his trampoline!) I made a workbench inside for him to saw/hammer/etc stuff just like daddy...

Though the other game is “serving the wrong drink” through the servers hatch (window). You ask for a beer and get a gin and tonic usually....
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:31 pm The little fella loves it too (though not as much as his trampoline!)
Which is a bit weird, as trampolines usually prefer tree houses. :?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:42 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:31 pm The little fella loves it too (though not as much as his trampoline!)
Which is a bit weird, as trampolines usually prefer tree houses. :?
😂
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I put up a floating shelf a couple of days ago, I realise this is nothing to the rest of you but with the damage to my hand it's quite an achievement for me! It's going to be home to a Lancaster bomber sculpture amoung other things.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Rich B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:57 pm I put the roof onto the playhouse over the last few weeks, I started with some felt which just looked a bit naf (not helped by me buying light grey felt).... so I thought I’d try and improvise some rustic shingles from the old front fence panels that I took down the other day.

I still need to do the other side, but I quite like it - it brought back the character that was lost with the felt (which is of course underneath still.)

I also need to decide whether to put the slide coming out of the house through a roof dorma or just make another window!
Top skills Mr. Rich. Very impressive 8-)
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

that it awesome Rich...

How's your boy with spiders ? won't take long before it's full of 'em
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

dinny_g wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:49 am that it awesome Rich...

How's your boy with spiders ? won't take long before it's full of 'em
He’s fine with them - but it’s been pretty clear of any unwanted visitors so far, and it’s been there for 6 weeks or so!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:31 pm Image
How's he coping with the left-handed thread?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:30 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 7:31 pm Image
How's he coping with the left-handed thread?
?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Oh, is it a balance bike without cranks?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:22 pm Oh, is it a balance bike without cranks?
i did wonder if you meant pedals! Yep, it’s just a balance one for now, it’s a cool little thing though - it has a proper V brake on it with internal cable routing and a miniature lever.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Peppermint spray (or water down a bit of peppermint essence) works well around the doors and windows for anti-spider action.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

It looks great, what have you protected it with ?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Carlos wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:56 pm It looks great, what have you protected it with ?
the whole lot has been done in Timbashield - I know it’s solvent based (so it’ll actually do something) but it’s so well ventilated I’m not too concerned.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Rich B wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 5:57 pm I put the roof onto the playhouse over the last few weeks, I started with some felt which just looked a bit naf (not helped by me buying light grey felt).... so I thought I’d try and improvise some rustic shingles from the old front fence panels that I took down the other day.

Dorma might have to be quite large for Internal space, how about just cutting a hatch in the roof, make it the “Emergancy exit” with a ladder and external handrails outside?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Stag minstrel 8 drawer sideboard purchased from Facebook marketplace for £30. Painted up and 2 drawers converted to hinged fronts to house Xbox and sky q box. Not sure if Xbox will overheat in the tight space but it’s on a shelf with a load of holes drilled in and the rear is fully open so I’ll just use it and see what happens