Simon

Re: The House Projects Thread

Post by Simon »

Awesome. Love the quirky wall design.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks great, and yes I’m finding materials impossible to get now.
How about not having a sig at all?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I am really pleased with it so far, Shed/playhouse building it great for learning skills as it doesn’t matter if it’s not perfect. it’s been great seeing my little boy pick up the toy version of the tool that daddy is using to join in too.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Well done Rich. That's tremendous!!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That's excellent work!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

That’s really cool, very Dr Zeuss.

Dave!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Excellent skills, he's a lucky boy 😎
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Cheers!

I was Umming and erring about cladding it, but it was the only other materials I had ordered already so i thought I’d give it a go. The main thing was to hide the cut edges of OSB which give splinters, but as I started I realised it would look good!

I had designed the window and door surrounds so they could be brought forward by the thickness of the cladding so started this afternoon during nap time.

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

If I’m teaching you to suck eggs just tell me to funk off....

When I felted the roof of our shed 5 years ago I painted 2 thick layers of bitumen on, then a wet layer when I put the actual felt on and rollerd it while I racked it on. It still is stuck well and looks great. A chap at work told me to and I’m glad I did.

Expect to find important items in that playhouse so it may be an idea to check there first for lost car keys, phones, pets etc :lol:

Oh and use citrus cleaner in it, our dog kennel got shat in a few times by local cats :roll:

Dave!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Good stuff, I’ve only done one shed roof before so happy to take any tips! Does the citrus thing work for foxes?!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Rich B wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:07 pm Good stuff, I’ve only done one shed roof before so happy to take any tips! Does the citrus thing work for foxes?!
I was going to say that blokes piss works well for keeping foxes away. But that's going to give you all sorts of problems :lol:

Good work tho - it looks great!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich B wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:07 pm Good stuff, I’ve only done one shed roof before so happy to take any tips! Does the citrus thing work for foxes?!
No idea on foxes but if what Swerv says works, do it at night, stops funny looks from the neighbours!!

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:34 pm
No idea on foxes but if what Swerv says works, do it at night, stops funny looks from the neighbours!!

Dave!
My approach is to wazz in the watering can. Usually in the evenings after a few tins :?

But splashing it around the lad's fun house is going to make it a bit stinky potentially. :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Rich B wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:00 pm Cheers!

I was Umming and erring about cladding it, but it was the only other materials I had ordered already so i thought I’d give it a go. The main thing was to hide the cut edges of OSB which give splinters, but as I started I realised it would look good!

I had designed the window and door surrounds so they could be brought forward by the thickness of the cladding so started this afternoon during nap time.

That’s amazing :)
Cheers,

Mike.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I searched high and low for every scrap of timber I could find and managed to get the front elevation of the playhouse garage built this afternoon. The idea is that my lawn mower lives in it (because there’s no side/back access to the garden so I have to wheel the mower through the kitchen from the garage).

I checked my original AutoCAD drawing too, and it’s kept pretty well on plan so far!

Wood stain and roof adhesive should arrive next week, so they’re next on the list.

We’ve all had dinner in there a few times now, he likes it!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Excellent work. How long until he evicts the mower because it is his garage?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:27 pm Excellent work. How long until he evicts the mower because it is his garage?
i am a little tempted to knock through from the inside and make the main house bigger! But I won’t, the mower needs a home too!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Turned out great !
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Looks great, what colour stain have you gone with? Something as quirky as the design or just going brown?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

jamcg wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:45 pm Looks great, what colour stain have you gone with? Something as quirky as the design or just going brown?
just an oak colour stain to protect it - I’m still undecided on if I’m going to do any colours yet. I keep on doing markups on my phone for different accent colours, but not convinced.

I just put out a post on my roads FB group to see if anyone has any old pallets/wood i can nick to finish it...!