ShockDiamonds 520i EoTR

speedingfine

ShockDiamonds 520i EoTR

Post by speedingfine »

You're surely present Shockers, come on, we haven't had an update on this saga for some time...
ShockDiamonds

Re: ShockDiamonds 520i EoTR

Post by ShockDiamonds »

So had the Panamera at the start of September. They had it back in November. Then had it back end November. They had it back in February. Then had it back end of February. They haven't had it back as yet.

Turns out the steering column was fooked, so they replaced the whole lot. As of now, all is still ok and I'm slowly growing confidence with it. This has been helped by a return trip to Paris this week - 750 miles without issue.

No plans to change it until roughly this time next year. Unless it does go tits up of course, will have to wait and see.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm So had the Panamera at the start of September. They had it back in November. Then had it back end November. They had it back in February. Then had it back end of February. They haven't had it back as yet.

Turns out the steering column was fooked, so they replaced the whole lot. As of now, all is still ok and I'm slowly growing confidence with it. This has been helped by a return trip to Paris this week - 750 miles without issue.

No plans to change it until roughly this time next year. Unless it does go tits up of course, will have to wait and see.
PLEASE tell us you didn’t buy this one on a 4 year finance scheme with crippling early surrender clauses...
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

PCP again. No such thing as surrender clauses, not the way you mean anyway, merely a "pay the difference if you want to change early". This time though, paying a fat amount each month so by this time next year (18 months or so in) it's predicted to break even, as everybody wants hybrids these days (when they work).
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:42 pm PCP again. No such thing as surrender clauses, not the way you mean anyway, merely a "pay the difference if you want to change early". This time though, paying a fat amount each month so by this time next year (18 months or so in) it's predicted to break even, as everybody wants hybrids these days (when they work).
So you still didn’t learn.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Did it have adjustable steering weight, the steering column failed on my M135i.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:46 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:42 pm PCP again. No such thing as surrender clauses, not the way you mean anyway, merely a "pay the difference if you want to change early". This time though, paying a fat amount each month so by this time next year (18 months or so in) it's predicted to break even, as everybody wants hybrids these days (when they work).
I didn't buy a car the way you do, no. Am I therefore in the spare room again tonight?
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Zonda_ wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:46 pm Did it have adjustable steering weight, the steering column failed on my M135i.
Sport does lumpen up the steering a little I think, yes. TBH I don't use Sport much currently, because the roads around here at the moment are so shit that sport will probably launch us off into the scenery.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:50 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:46 pm
I didn't buy a car the way you do, no. Am I therefore in the spare room again tonight?
there are many good ways to buy cars, you seem determined to use the one least suited to your needs!

Still, you know best. Make sure you post how many thousands it costs you to hand back this car - £9k to beat! :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm As of now, all is still ok and I'm slowly growing confidence with it. This has been helped by a return trip to Paris this week - 750 miles without issue.
I'm always amused that people post things like that as if it is a sign of a decent car. It's not the 1930s! Heck, my old sheds will often go several months with out even bothering to check the levels nevermind have to replace anything that's fallen off or repair any major mechanical components :lol:
Cheers, Harry
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:04 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:30 pm As of now, all is still ok and I'm slowly growing confidence with it. This has been helped by a return trip to Paris this week - 750 miles without issue.
I'm always amused that people post things like that as if it is a sign of a decent car. It's not the 1930s! Heck, my old sheds will often go several months with out even bothering to check the levels nevermind have to replace anything that's fallen off or repair any major mechanical components :lol:
Yeah but set against OPC Swindon telling me on two separate occasions they couldn't find anything wrong, when 4 weeks or later the car then shats itself, any journey becomes a doubt-ridden experience. If nothing goes wrong with your car, you have no reason to suspect anything will go wrong.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

So are you actually enjoying the car then or are you worrying on some level that it's about to go wrong again?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Orange Cola wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:14 pm So are you actually enjoying the car then or are you worrying on some level that it's about to go wrong again?
Worry is starting to fade. So yes, starting to enjoy it. I've had the wheels done in silver, as was never convinced by the black. Done a few longer trips in it, and it excels at the longer distance stuff. Seems to get quite a lot of attention, boys and stuff asking for throttle blips. Crestfallen faces when you explain it's a hybrid and cannot be overridden (at least in this version) at lights etc.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol: And we’re back
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Yep and in all honesty, it feels good. Funny ole world, innit.

I'll still tear Gallagher a new arsehole if I ever get the chance though.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 pmI'll still tear Gallagher a new arsehole if I ever get the chance though.
why? You left and made it clear that you didn’t like the place. Surely this is what you wanted?

[/quote]
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Welcome back SD.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 am
ShockDiamonds wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:32 pmI'll still tear Gallagher a new arsehole if I ever get the chance though.
why? You left and made it clear that you didn’t like the place. Surely this is what you wanted?

Yes I clearly wanted the whole forum to be binned at a moment’s notice :roll: . As to why I’m here now, seems the right thing to do, given how Dennis have pulled the rug from under the community.

Cheers Duncs.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:08 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 am

Yes I clearly wanted the whole forum to be binned at a moment’s notice :roll: . As to why I’m here now, seems the right thing to do, given how Dennis have pulled the rug from under the community.

Cheers Duncs.
you weren’t part of the community, you’d “moved on”.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:10 am
ShockDiamonds wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:08 am
Rich B wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:40 am why? You left and made it clear that you didn’t like the place. Surely this is what you wanted?

Cheers Duncs.
you weren’t part of the community, you’d “moved on”.
And now I’ve moved back, because it seemed apposite to do so.