Bye bye Theresa

NotoriousREV

Re: Bye bye Theresa

Post by NotoriousREV »

That’s a good question. I personally try to consume a wide range of news sources from across the spectrum (up to a point). I’ll try to read the same story in the DM, Grauniad, BBC, Channel 4, Torygraph etc. It’s amazing how they can all spin a story to suit their agenda.

For example, last year there was a high court case relating to an Asian couple who had been married under Sharia but not under UK law. They were divorcing. He claimed that as they weren’t legally married under UK law he didn’t have to give her anything. She was claiming 50% of his assets as they were married as far as she was concerned. She won.

The Daily Mail reporter it as “High Court recognises Sharia for the first time!!!!11!!!1”. The Guardian reporter it as “High Court overrules Sharia!!!!”. It’s all manipulation.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Im increasingly starting to think she’s actually a dingle berry with the way she’s going.

EU elections will be interesting, who’s pro-remain?
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Me
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

She's finally set the date then.
Beany

Post by Beany »

About fucking time.
Jackleg

Post by Jackleg »

We all know what she's like with dates though...
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Oh great, more distractions rather than just getting on with the job at hand.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

It's like the deathgrip challenge though, still clinging on till the 7/6.

Maybe that will hopefully spell the end for the shitty deal that she'd 'negotiated', although I doubt the EU will offer any other concessions or a better deal for anyone else, so we'll be back to square 1 with the same 4 choices:

1. Leave but not leave with that deal
2. Leave with No Deal
3. Revoke Article 50 and stay
4. Offer a second referendum with the above as options

If we can piss some more time up the wall maybe 2 will happen by default, but I can't see it as the EU like our £'s too much and by extending they can just screw us over a bit more.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Very unlikely to happen but her bill gets put through before she resigns and gets accepted...
Ok, it's never going to happen.
Left over crest; tightens.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

She managed to be worse than Gordon Brown - worst PM during my lifetime.
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:17 pm https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44770847

Only a matter of time surely.
So to finally answer the original question posed by Gav... Just under 11 months!
Oui, je suis un motard.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

JonMad wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:34 am Very unlikely to happen but her bill gets put through before she resigns and gets accepted...
I thought parliament had stopped her trying to put the bill through again hence this?
Beany

Post by Beany »

And so now, onto the vomit inducing leadership contest.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Now we’ll get to see exactly how useless BoJo is.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:05 am
JonMad wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:34 am Very unlikely to happen but her bill gets put through before she resigns and gets accepted...
I thought parliament had stopped her trying to put the bill through again hence this?
Basically, but they can propose changes all they like but the EU will not negotiate and change anything, changing the person that asks the question won't matter one iota. It's a pointless waste of time and taxpayer money as the result will be the same. If parliament had voted to not take no deal off the table things may be different and we may have got something.
Gina Millers court challenge was a double edged sword. Everything has to be voted on by parliament which they now can't agree on (well apart from taking no deal off the table and even that was pretty close I think) and has put us in this cycle. At least it stopped the bad deal happening without consent.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 am Now we’ll get to see exactly how useless BoJo is.
It might be mildly amusing in the process though which is more than TM ever offered.
Marv

Post by Marv »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 am Now we’ll get to see exactly how useless BoJo is.
I'd really prefer not to to see that.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:14 am Now we’ll get to see exactly how duplicitous BoJo is.
EFA
Simon

Post by Simon »

But we know already. We know from his performance as London Mayor (and the Garden Bridge fiasco), and as foreign secretary with his ridiculous Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe comments.

Don't need to see anymore thanks.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

Simon wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:15 pm
But we know already. We know from his performance as London Mayor (and the Garden Bridge fiasco), and as foreign secretary with his ridiculous Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe comments.

Don't need to see anymore thanks.
Yup. Even suggesting in jest that it might be funny belies a lack of understanding of just what a cretin Johnson is - he's a Shit Donald Trump.