Eric Boullier's F1 career

Jimmy Choo

Eric Boullier's F1 career

Post by Jimmy Choo »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula-one/44708491

The wheel of blame has stopped spinning at McLaren and Eric has lost.

Who will Williams be firing?
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Zonda_

Re: Eric Boullier's F1 career

Post by Zonda_ »

How prophetic Sniffpetrol was last week!

https://sniffpetrol.com/2018/06/25/expe ... ion-in-f1/
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

So Andrea Stella is currently being balanced atop the McLaren Buckaroo whilst everyone else prepares to hang things off the side...
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:11 pm So Andrea Stella is currently being balanced atop the McLaren Buckaroo whilst everyone else prepares to hang things off the side...
They've canned the Indycar project too and Toyota won't let Alonso drive a Honda powered car (the competitive Indy engine) while he's under contract with them so I think Alonso will stay for 2019. As much as I'd love to see Kimi join him, I suspect Stoffel will be there next year too.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I don't watch much of the f1 pre and post shows any more, usually just the race. What are mclarens current excuses for being a bag of shite.

They had the benefit of blaming the Honda engine for a couple of years but obviously don't have that to damn back on any more!
Cheers, Harry
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:08 pm I don't watch much of the f1 pre and post shows any more, usually just the race. What are mclarens current excuses for being a bag of shite.

They had the benefit of blaming the Honda engine for a couple of years but obviously don't have that to damn back on any more!
Eric Boullier.

Actually, the issue is that they got themselves tangled up in matrix management. Eric has been frustrated that he can't run the team his way, which is why he resigned.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

It's about time McLaren realised they couldn't just shove the blame onto an engine manufacturer. I'm not sure Eric leaving is a sign of McLaren realising their mistakes or Eric realising McLaren are too stuck to change. I guess we will find out when the 2019 car appears which is correct.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Again, referring to that racing driver documentary, they just need to pull their heads out of their arses and realise that just because a wealthy businessman says something, it doesn’t make it the right decision. A bit more humility and more hard work is required.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

A team leader needs to command respect and just a bit of fear. If Ron Dennis was seen approaching the factory floor, I'm sure there would be a frantic moment of tidying to make sure all the spanners you were currently using were lined up correctly.

I can't see Eric commanding that level of fear and Williams desperatly need a Patrick "BLOODY HELL" Head figure.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So what happens as staff see Zac Brown approach? Pull out a Bud Light and a fag and start cracking some jokes I imagine.
I thought Boullier would be less to blame for than Brown who just doesn’t seem to understand how F1 works.

Also McLaren say themselves/being forced to say they’re having aero issues now they have a decent engine and still can’t get anywhere. Apparently the wind tunnel doesn’t correlate with reality. So why is the person whose responsibility that is still working there after about 6 years of having crap aero. The aero department is where heads need to roll - unless Boullier didn’t have the guts to make changes (unlikely) or some other formal process blocked him from being allowed to make changes.
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The whole "we have the best chassis in F1" thing has been somewhat shot down, hasn't it? Or do they mean without aero?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Marv

Post by Marv »

I feel for Williams and their gradual downfall over the years. Much of it is their lack of budget compared to Merc/'rari/RBR, so I can forgive them.

McLaren though, WTF? What an embarrassment.

I like their road cars though.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

McLarown3d.
GG.

Post by GG. »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:33 am The whole "we have the best chassis in F1" thing has been somewhat shot down, hasn't it? Or do they mean without aero?
Maybe Eric was talking about his wife :idea:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Marv wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:24 pm I feel for Williams and their gradual downfall over the years. Much of it is their lack of budget compared to Merc/'rari/RBR, so I can forgive them.

McLaren though, WTF? What an embarrassment.

I like their road cars though.
How did Williams manage to build such technically advanced cars on such a small budget?