mik

Re: Randomness

Post by mik »

mik wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:28 am
John wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:16 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:49 pm

:lol:

Any good?
That reminded me of "First We Feast" on youtube, a whole series of slebs eating spicy wings (I'm sure you've seen them if you're a hot sauce fan).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS68LmqFVeA
Never seen that but quite amusing.

I have just realised however that I’ve received a bottle of Christ On A Bike - actually the 3rd hottest of his 4 sauces, when I ordered Holy Mother Of God (which is actually the 2nd hottest he sells). Email sent!
Bought some of his mildest sauce - HolyFuck - to try for myself. Essentially the same as ChristOnABike, but that has 3x the Dorset Nagas apparently.

Used it tonight for the first time - very smoothie and tasty with a burn that nobody could miss - but it isn’t overpowering.

Will use this again - planning some spicy chicken pieces for when bbq season starts again. I don’t think I need any of the hotter versions....

mik

Post by mik »

Pretty much the current Indy circuit. Didn’t realise that’s how it started.

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hence the even greater hatrad for the numpties that moved into new houses by the circuit then complained about the noise. Whowuddathunk...
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

That aspect of planning never ceases to amaze me.

there's similar occurring near me. Small Live Music Venue (The Stables) has been open for nearly 50 years. 18 months ago, a load of new builds arrived in the fields on one side and now those residents are trying to get the venue shut down. And, by all accounts, they're going to succeed.

It's bonkers...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I love seeing old racing circuit aerial photos, would love to see a website where you could overlay the various versions over the years to see how much has changed and how much has stayed the same.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:39 pm That aspect of planning never ceases to amaze me.

there's similar occurring near me. Small Live Music Venue (The Stables) has been open for nearly 50 years. 18 months ago, a load of new builds arrived in the fields on one side and now those residents are trying to get the venue shut down. And, by all accounts, they're going to succeed.

It's bonkers...
Large biomass pellet production facility about 1km from my parents. It was build 10 years ago specifically in a field surrounded by other fields because it’s noisy. When the winds blowing towards you, you can hear the large wood chipper if your windows are open despite the large distance.
So a clever developer planned to build 10 houses next door to it, it got approved and now the residents are trying to get it shut and kill off 20 jobs in an area which bloody needs jobs.
I think they’ve already had their working hours and days reduced :roll:
Same fucking idiots who think it’s ok to cut our stock fencing to walk their dogs across the field (fucking headache in the summer when there are cows which can escape)
How about not having a sig at all?
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:56 pm Same fucking idiots who think it’s ok to cut our stock fencing to walk their dogs across the field (fucking headache in the summer when there are cows which can escape)
They're a whole different class of idiot... :roll:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I ran over a bloody nail, do you think it’s repairable?Image
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik

Post by mik »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:58 pm
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

With how some things have been recently that was muchly needed, and it hit the spot perfectly. Tfp 8-)
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Beany wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:47 am
DeskJockey wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:08 am
As far as my German stretches it was a NATO test to figure out how to launch jets from any field if the runways had been destroyed. It was canned because of cost and "other issues" (presumably the large rocket booster landing and bouncing into whatever was in the way).
Most militaries have a name for it, something like Jet Assisted Take Off or Rocket Assisted Take Off.

The US tried it with C130s, the idea being that if you could take off and land a C130 in a much much shorter distance, it would be far more versatile.

A distance like that of a stadium. Ideally the one just over the road from the Iranian US Embassy. Because helicopters suck apparently. Or at least C130s with massive rockets strapped to them suck less.

Operation Credible Sport was the name and it's as fucking bonkers and awesome as that brief outlay sounds.

And yes, I did say landings.

They didn't go quite as well. I don't think anyone really managed to make it work properly.

And yes, Ekranoplans are also fucking awesome.
The starfighter system was called Zero Launch length. The planes were going to be hidden in West German forests. One of the reasons it got canned was the Harrier.

The Credible Sport landing was a cock up. They set off the retro rockets too soon which lead to a brief period of plumeting and a longer period of burning. There is footage of a C130 landing on an aircraft carrier unassisted!
Banal Vapid Platitudes
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Rich B wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:51 pm I ran over a bloody nail, do you think it’s repairable?Image
Don't think anyone bothers repairing nails these days. :)
mik

Post by mik »

Skip to 39secs if you must.

This reminds me of standing at the edge of the Knockhill start-line (before they pushed the viewing area back) watching the top flight Rallycross cars leaving the line in anger. Breathtaking 😎

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ I need to find and upload some bits from a few years back.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Re the (ev) apocalypse;

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I've seen this before in the mists of time, so this is probably a repost, but this guy must be a rally driver in his spare time 😂

Trevor Coult MC (@TrevorCoultMC) Tweeted:
When you call for police back up and they send a lunatic 😂 https://t.co/Mnml6FsGxz
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »