Another Grand Day Out (E-Start & Fly By)

Maurice

Another Grand Day Out (E-Start & Fly By)

Post by Maurice »

By way of coincidence, Mik and I have left our cars at the same tuner recently as, much like dogs, Lotuses tend to get upset when left alone without a four wheeled friend they are familiar with. Neither pissed the carpet whilst there thankfully, but mine has developed a pronounced flatulence problem which we’ll get to.

The kennel owner authorised release of our cars on the same day so it’d have been rude not to stretch their legs on a small 300 mile jaunt. We decided on the classic route of Glenshee > Old Military Road > Spean Bridge > [Redacted Road] > Glencoe > Home.

Ive just had a 2Bular Road System fitted to mine, so it was an ideal opportunity to run it in. Holy moly does it sounds amazing. Quite a bit louder, much bassier and absolutely loves to pop, bang and gurgle on the over run. Pootling through Edinburgh resulted in more than a few swivelled heads to see what was making the racket.

I find that one way to avoid Mik from hassling you for e-starts and fly-by vids is to actually have him take them.

Here he is teaching mine to chase the ball:

and come to heel:

Still a bit of work to do on that I reckon.

Roads were predictably outstanding and even though the weather was scorching, we didn’t seem to get held up too much by traffic. That is, apart from some dick in an Audi who had clearly taken inspiration from their latest clown driving school adverts. Similarly, I couldn’t resist embarrassing a MK3 Focus RS driver who clearly didn’t know how corners worked.

I also did my bit for promoting road safety, as if Mik didn’t have visibility of my car if we’d been strung out slightly, he could simply drop the window and listen for when it was safe to overtake as he’d hear me go.

:lol:

All in all a cracking day and both cars were very good boys.
Mito Man

Re: Another Grand Day Out (E-Start & Fly By)

Post by Mito Man »

Sounds great, looks great.

How many insects are there though!
How about not having a sig at all?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Car sounds brilliant Maurice 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Maurice wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:51 am it’d have been rude not to stretch their legs on a small 300 mile jaunt.
8-)

Your road safety help brings to mind learning French; écoute et répète.
John

Post by John »

Sounds lovely 8-)
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:04 am Sounds great, looks great.

How many insects are there though!
There were no insects until Maurice decided to do his thing, and then suddenly i had a swarm of horse flies trying to eat my (RichBShortz) exposed legs. You can probably tell from the vid I am dancing about a bit trying to kick the f00kers off. :oops:

The 2bular system sounds great. Much more bass and the vanity start-up is now accompanied by enough pops and bangs to scare the 5hit out of workies doing something beside the petrol station, prompting some flowery abuse. 8-)

Roads and drive were amazing. The audi driver mentioned above was truly special. We both passed it, then slowed behind traffic on a twisty section. Audi overtook us all in one go on a completely blind section, then drove as fast as they could (very badly) whilst holding us up and ruining our fun for about 2 mins, before suddenly practically throwing the car off road to let us past - bouncing along the verge at about 15mph. :? I am assuming the driver was getting some verbalz from the passenger...

Apart from that and a couple of approaching bikers who thought the best place to put their heads whilst cornering was in our lane - pretty much perfect. :geek:

Trying hard, but just failing to mask a stoopidly parked truck behind the evora.

Always the sign of a good summer run. When our insect overlords finally take over, I wonder what despicable way they will kill me,.... :cry:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Can someone translate Mik’s giggle for me? It was too Scottish to understand.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
mik

Post by mik »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:33 pm Can someone translate Mik’s giggle for me? It was too Scottish to understand.
It just sounds like a giggle. I was actually mumbling "hoots mon, check oot the sound o that wee beastie, jings crivvens help ma boab square sossij".
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

That’s what I thought.

Mudge, that sounds very un-shit. Very un-shit indeed
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Maurice should really keep his thing hidden if it attracts insects...
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:14 pm Maurice should really keep his thing hidden if it attracts insects...
And they were horse flies Rich.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:19 pm
Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:14 pm Maurice should really keep his thing hidden if it attracts insects...
And they were horse flies Rich.
what sounded like buzzing was actually tiny little coughs.
mik

Post by mik »

Earler e-start. Some Pirelli-11's before it hooks up properly.

scotta

Post by scotta »

I demand this thread title be changed to “Teh Gheys from teh villiage go Gheying”

Bastards.
scotta

Post by scotta »

How epic was the top secret road that southern fairies shal not be told of?
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

That sounds properly exotic 8-) x 11ty
Marv

Post by Marv »

240PP wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:02 pm That sounds properly exotic 8-) x 11ty
Agreed 😎

I take it they make a similar system for the 'vora Mik?
Oui, je suis un motard.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

"Hello? Is that Ocean Finance?"
mik

Post by mik »

@ Marv : Yes - the Evora system is identical except for the length of the final exit pipes afaik. What’s not been mentioned yet is how much more burbly/gurgly it is under 2k rpm, where the oem system sounds a bit bland.

Scott - the secret road was a little frustrating on leg1 as I had left my car in normal mode and didn’t realise ‘til I stopped. Mr Maurice dropped me and enjoyed the road on his own. To be fair - we discussed that this stretch of tarma could well have been the design brief for the Exige - it remains in complete control when the Evora damping starts to get a bit flustered. Leg2 was epic - in sports mode - really leaning on the high speed grip. Managed to hang on to Nigel Mudgesell the whole way.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Looks and sounds utterly trouser tenting. 8-)
Banal Vapid Platitudes