Booyaa!

PreacherCain

Re: Booyaa!

Post by PreacherCain »

It's actually dead over there now. I think I may have been...

Last.

;)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Dead as a dodo.
How about not having a sig at all?
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Markcoopers wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:54 pm Hello all, thank you Marry for setting this up.
Marry is probably too far Mark; I’d suggest just buying him dinner and playing footsie under the table would do!

Thanks for doing this for us btw. :D
Cheers,

Ian
_andy

Post by _andy »

Ola! I headed over the the old forum earlier to find the whole lot had been flushed down the toilet, there was a moment of panic when I thought I might have to do some work, thankfully disaster has been averted! Good darts for setting it up!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Oddly the view count on my last post is increasing over at the old forum since 6pm.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Needmorepower

Post by Needmorepower »

Darn. No avatar sized images!

Hey ho. Not a big poster and minor member of the cunch club but here nonetheless and glad to see my time is now suitably filled again.

Good to ‘see’ you all again.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

I'd like to add my thanks to MattyB too as I just demanded he change stuff on my last post :D
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

So the evo arrogants decide today is the day, and as a consequence, seems I'm back with you lot.

Good :)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

So this finally came true eh:

unzippy

Post by unzippy »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:59 am So this finally came true eh:

Anouncing their flounce on another platform :lol:
Who is it?
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Ole Shockers himself after his most recent flounce of many a little while back.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

You have to admit, he is box office when it comes to the forum. Having him back is a great pull for the new place. Popcorn at the ready. :D
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

All is fair in love and war.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:03 am You have to admit, he is box office when it comes to the forum. Having him back is a great pull for the new place. Popcorn at the ready. :D
The entertainment seems to have started already in fact.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

PreacherCain wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:01 pm It's actually dead over there now. I think I may have been...

Last.

;)
You going to stick around, Preach? It's not been the same without you.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Simon

Post by Simon »

Delphi wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:43 am
PreacherCain wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:01 pm It's actually dead over there now. I think I may have been...

Last.

;)
You going to stick around, Preach? It's not been the same without you.
Yeah, and tell us about the T8! That's pretty nippy isn't it?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Heh - we’ll see. :)

Simon: the T8 is really pretty cool. I’ve had it 15 months and the first three months challenged even my capacity for white-hot vitriol: the software was FULL of bugs and problems, and I came close to rejecting it and sending it back.

But.

Having sorted the software with a complete new OS, I am forced to concede that it is in fact an excellent car. The tech is additive, esp the 360° reversing camera, adaptive cruise and the extent to which the driving experience can be customised.

And yeah, it shifts a fucksight better than a 2.5-ton living room has any right to. The “Power” (prn.: “PowAAAAAARRRGH”, obv) mode is hilarious - sharp throttle response from the petrol engine plus full power from the electric motor, the suspension drops and stiffens, and the gearbox holds ratios. It’s surprisingly nimble and goes like stink. :D
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

PreacherCain wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 am Heh - we’ll see. :)

Simon: the T8 is really pretty cool. I’ve had it 15 months and the first three months challenged even my capacity for white-hot vitriol: the software was FULL of bugs and problems, and I came close to rejecting it and sending it back.

But.

Having sorted the software with a complete new OS, I am forced to concede that it is in fact an excellent car. The tech is additive, esp the 360° reversing camera, adaptive cruise and the extent to which the driving experience can be customised.

And yeah, it shifts a fucksight better than a 2.5-ton living room has any right to. The “Power” (prn.: “PowAAAAAARRRGH”, obv) mode is hilarious - sharp throttle response from the petrol engine plus full power from the electric motor, the suspension drops and stiffens, and the gearbox holds ratios. It’s surprisingly nimble and goes like stink. :D
I had, until recently, assumed that the next time I go looking for a new daily driver it would be a 650i GC as it's been top of my list for some time. But I'm particulary struck by the V90, and then I found out about the T8. I'm hoping a year or two's hard depreciation will bring those into view now 8-)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I think we left TimStick behind 😥
PreacherCain

Post by PreacherCain »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm
PreacherCain wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 am Heh - we’ll see. :)

But.

I had, until recently, assumed that the next time I go looking for a new daily driver it would be a 650i GC as it's been top of my list for some time. But I'm particulary struck by the V90, and then I found out about the T8. I'm hoping a year or two's hard depreciation will bring those into view now 8-)
The other bit is practicality of course - and with 5 rear seats which fold to make a completely flat load area, it can double as a van pretty effectively. I've done a 100-mile trip with 5 other adults, two dogs and a suitcase in the car, and nobody has been cramped or uncomfortable. Volvo packaged the hybrid gubbins in the space left by taking out the driveshaft and rear diff (plus sacrificing some fuel tank) so there's no intrusion into the cabin. I also looked at the Merc C-class estate hybrid and was put off by the fact that they'd had to raise the boot floor 10cm.