Karma’s a bitch.

NotoriousREV

Karma’s a bitch.

Post by NotoriousREV »

Coming home from work tonight, the M56 was down from 4 lanes to 1 by the airport due to an accident. Being on the bike, I weaved my way to the front and soon was back on the open motorway with hardly any cars. It was lane 4 that had remained open, and as I accelerated the car in front (an old Passat) continued to sit in lane 4 instead of moving into any of the empty lanes to his left. He kept on accelerating until we were both doing about 120, at which point he moved over, so I did the only sensible thing and wound it up to 140 and whizzed past. Shortly afterwards, we caught some traffic up, so I dropped it back down to a sensible cruise and he flew past, right up the arse of another car.

A mile or so further on, a load of cars were in the outside lane, whilst I was cruising along in lane 1, and I ended up passing about 10 cars, including matey boy in his ancient 2.5 V6 TDi Passat. As we approached the M6 junction, I was doing about 90 in lane 1, and he came haring past me at a rate of knots. What he hadn’t noticed, and I had, was that all the traffic in all 3 lanes had stopped dead ahead. Cue him slamming the anchors on way too late, slewing across the entire carriageway and eventually sending it sideways up the hard shoulder before coming to a stop about 6 or 7 car lengths later. In the meantime, I just filtered through the traffic at about 20mph giving him the wanker sign.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Re: Karma’s a bitch.

Post by nuttinnew »

I don't mind old Passats, but I don't behave like that cvnt either. It sounds like he would've fooked a good few people up if he hadn't had more luck than awareness :evil:

Slightly o/t, I've just pictured the header giving the international coffee bean signal.
Marv

Post by Marv »

You seem to be a magnet for wanker car drivers Dave!
Oui, je suis un motard.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

To be fair the M62 and M56 is a complete magnet for tools.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Marv wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:03 am You seem to be a magnet for wanker car drivers Dave!
Birds of a feather, Marv 😄
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

NotoriousREV wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:32 pm I just filtered through the traffic at about 20mph giving him the wanker sign.

Who said men can't multi task? :D
tim

Post by tim »

Why not just undertake him in lane 1 and carry on with your life? It's tools like this that are likely to brake-test a bike at high speed, which doesn't end well.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

tim wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:41 pm Why not just undertake him in lane 1 and carry on with your life? It's tools like this that are likely to brake-test a bike at high speed, which doesn't end well.
Because if I’m behind him, I can control my distance to him. If I try to undertake someone who’s obviously being a knob, I don’t want him sideswiping me.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
tim

Post by tim »

He's not likely to get across 2 empty lanes from lane 4 in the time it'd take a bike to go past in lane 1 though is he.

I'll take my RoSPA hat off now. :)
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

tim wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:29 am He's not likely to get across 2 empty lanes from lane 4 in the time it'd take a bike to go past in lane 1 though is he.

I'll take my RoSPA hat off now. :)
I ain’t going to take that chance. I’m a safe distance behind, I can see what he’s doing. I’d be amazed if RoSPA would genuinely suggest a 140mph undertake is the safest option in these circumstances 😂 If I was being sensible I’d have been in lane 1 doing 70.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 am If I was being sensible I’d have been working within 10 miles of home.
EFA.

Please note that I'm currently working 35 miles from home.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:22 am If I was being sensible I’d have been working within 10 miles of home.
EFA.

Please note that I'm currently working 35 miles from home.
I don't think I've ever worked within a 10 mile radius of my house.Not with proper jobs, certainly.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I'm currently working 2 miles from home - it's brilliant!
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
tim

Post by tim »

I win.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I am working in my living room but may sit on the decking with wifi and mobile!