The Longest Day

nuttinnew

The Longest Day

Post by nuttinnew »

Did anyone else watch the sun come up?
I can imagine a few of you were at Stonehenge.
Jimmy Choo

Re: The Longest Day

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Fuck no. I get up early enough as it is. I also don't feel the need to worship a deity to ask for a good harvest.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:25 am Fuck no. I get up early enough as it is. I also don't feel the need to worship a deity to ask for a good harvest.
You'll regret those words when your harvest fails!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:25 am Fuck no. I get up early enough as it is. I also don't feel the need to worship a deity to ask for a good harvest.

No worshipping from me. If I was into that sort of thing I'd have words about the side effects of things growing first, hayfever is more than a little unhelpful this year*. I was only up that early because of ruined sleep patterns, and then it was cloudy out...

*It seems ridiculous saying that considering what some of you are having to contend with :oops:
Marv

Post by Marv »

Winter is coming.
Oui, je suis un motard.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 am

No worshipping from me. If I was into that sort of thing I'd have words about the side effects of things growing first, hayfever is more than a little unhelpful this year*. I was only up that early because of ruined sleep patterns, and then it was cloudy out...

*It seems ridiculous saying that considering what some of you are having to contend with :oops:
Hayfever is ridiculous this year, though.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am

I must admit I've been suffering pretty badly this year, most years I barely get any symptoms at all.
Cheers, Harry
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Same here, but my wife and eldest are suffering terribly with both needing medication where they've never really needed before (MrsREV is on anti-histamines and nasal sprays) and loads of people at work are saying how bad they've been plus a couple of mates who've never had it before have been bad. Is this how Interstellar starts?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
GG.

Post by GG. »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:51 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:10 am

I must admit I've been suffering pretty badly this year, most years I barely get any symptoms at all.
Yep was a bit of a pollenpocolypse wasn't it.

There is an avenue of plane trees near us and I remember driving along one day a few weeks ago through something that almost resembled a pollen snowstorm there was so much of it. I don't think the plane tree seeds are actually supposed to be that bad for hayfever though - they're just particularly noticeable because of their size.