Bicyclist thread

integrale_evo

Re: Bicyclist thread

Post by integrale_evo »

From the still I was going to blame modern car a-pillar blind spot, but he comes from so far back after the cyclist has been there for a while wearing a bright blue top that I don't think that would be possible.

Just the car driver being a moron.
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The actual junction is just round the corner from me, there’s a roundabout 50 yards down from where the bmw came from and it’s all well sighted. The guy was just a dick.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I agree there’s no excuse for the BMW driver cutting the corner, nor for being blind enough to drive into the stationary cyclist, but on my bike I never pull right up to the white lines when turning right. I hate being stuck in the middle of the road when turning right off a main road too. You just feel so exposed to a moment’s inattention.

No point being in the right but dead.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

So what's this new 29" race weapon then?

I'm getting very fucked off not being able to ride. Best part of two months out with a knackered sacroiliac joint and it was beginning to look good this weekend just gone. Then I broke my toe... FFS.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

This has arrived.

B54AA690-BB01-402C-9CD8-48DCABFE6D70.jpeg
B54AA690-BB01-402C-9CD8-48DCABFE6D70.jpeg (184.74 KiB) Viewed 3733 times
ste

Post by ste »

What's the story with that then? Froome's Giro D'Italia Maglia Rosa bike or is it a rep (no power meter etc)?
ste

Post by ste »

KiwiDave wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:29 am So what's this new 29" race weapon then?
It's a HongFu carbon frame, essentially a copy of a Scott Scale which is the defacto XC race bike. Bought from an OCD nerd (the best people to buy stuff from) off weightweenies. Some of the bits he's fitted are a fortune not to mention some of the finer detail parts. The fork for instance isn't really a Rockshox any more, it's been to ShiftUp to have the internals swapped for lighter and better ones.

It's 8.3kg at the mo which somehow feels lighter than my 5.4kg road bike. I think because you see a mountain bike and just expect it to weigh more than it does.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

That's quite sexual. Again, great in murdered out black too...

I'm having major bike withdrawals currently, been a good three months since I've ridden due to injuries in my back and foot. Fairly sure I'm gonna get back on it and almost die instantly with how unfit I am. :|
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Not gonna lie Ste, that's a handsome bike but I get a pain in my balls just looking at that seat :lol:.
An absolute unit
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I bought another tandem yesterday :roll:

Lots of parts were missing but I have quite a stash of "things that might be useful" here so I've got it this far now:

IMG_0021.jpg
IMG_0021.jpg (158.97 KiB) Viewed 3593 times

I just need a stoker stem and we're all set !
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Tandems rock!

My friend was sponsored by Pell and Parker so was a handy cyclist. I just sat at the back and provided some power. On a particularly fast downhill we had awful brake fade and essentially had to do a sharp right at full speed, so around 20mph at least. I panic steered at the vital moment meaning my mate was now facing 45degrees to the direction of travel and we went straight through a wire fence and ripped 2 posts out.

The hire place tab Rutland Water was not amused.

Will you be wearing matching jackets and Lycra as you cycle between cake shops in the Cotswolds ?

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

I always wondered about tandems & brakes....
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Anyone been watching tour de yorkshire? Thought not ;) Been quite good - the finish is Scarboro today was great - those cobbles on the sea front are vicious in a car never mind a bike.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

This looks rather awesome!

Last edited by DeskJockey on Sun May 05, 2019 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
ste

Post by ste »

Broccers wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:26 pm Anyone been watching tour de yorkshire? Thought not ;)
I have, it's been realluy good. The women's races in particular.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ste wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 2:59 pm
Broccers wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:26 pm Anyone been watching tour de yorkshire? Thought not ;)
I have, it's been realluy good. The women's races in particular.
Was excellent 8-) 8-)

Some lovely roads up there.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Anyone tried an eMTB ?

See loads about here and interested to find out firsthand if they work as trail bikes .
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I’ve had a quick go on one now - they are supposed to be awesome and lots of people I know are getting them, but I still have my reservations. Mainly that it’s poontless having one unless all the group you ride with have one. And they’re fucking expensive.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I ride alone or with my dog so that's not an issue. There's little information about how durable and capable they are compared to a normal MTB and at £2,500+ i'm on the fence.

Weight and lack of fitness is preventing me doing the climbing I need to get to the bits I enjoy. I'm hoping more fun and saddle time will improve both issues.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Carlos wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:13 pm Anyone tried an eMTB ?

See loads about here and interested to find out firsthand if they work as trail bikes .
Yes, and they're awesome. A good one is no more expensive than a good normal 'boutique' mtb.
Cheers.

Gwaredd