Post by GG. »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 pm It's not 2002 here is it!! :lol:
EFA
scotta

Re: Does it need a name?

Post by scotta »

IanF wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:59 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:07 pm
speedingfine wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:06 pm(In fact is Ste going to continue with his massive posts about his motors? I'll miss those most)
I really hope so, definitely one of the highlights of the place that we shall not speak of.
Ste has signed up, so hopefully they will continue. No SD or unidentifiable Marks, so far...

JL - have you found the friends/foes list yet? :D
ShockDiamonds - Over on the dead place wrote: - Pop across to France on hols then come back to this. Genuinely sad at this news, still lurk on a weekly basis. Ups and downs but on the whole, a world with the evo forum is better than one without.

There's an apparent arrogance at evo now which wasn't apparent in the past. Given the history and the continuity this place provides it demonstrates their "pull the ladder up Jack" mindset.

All the best to all, regardless of spats in the past. You're all top cvnts with a shared passion for motors. See you on FB hopefully.
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:30 pm It's better here isn't it!! :lol:
Very much so, we can even multi quote. Maybe the strap line needs to combine "the thrill of driving" with "it's as if we've become gods" in a variation somehow.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:53 am OV9 is suitably obscure that we should avoid the "who wants to buy the door handles off my Evo XII".
I put the gold EVO car sticker in the back of my van window when they were sent out with the 100th edition. A while later I got stopped by the police who werent happy with me, it was a 70mph dual carriage way in the dark in the pissing wet with lots of spray from the standing water so I put my indicator on, drove slow-ish and pulled off at the first available exit a mile or so down the road. When asked why I was "refusing to stop" I pointed out the road conditions and explained I didn't think it was safe, just as one of the coppers was about to lay into me further the more mature one stopped him and said I had a perfectly valid point. Feeling put out the first copper got out and went round my car trying to find anything to pull me up on, checked the tread depths, the lights, the insurance, the MoT etc the only thing he came back with was the sticker,

Copper "that EVO sticker, it's not an (Mitsubishi) EVO you know, so doesn't mean you have to drive like it's one"
Me "I know it's not an EVO, that's why the sticker says 'EVO magazine, just on the line below where it says evo"
Copper "well, be on your way then"

:lol:
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
David_Yu

Post by David_Yu »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:45 am I don’t think it should refer to Evo at all now. It’s not like old forum users and mag readers are going to find it. OV9 is about as close to the mag while being sufficiently different as I think it should get.

Looking forwards, not back... there’s a decent number of people registering but it’s going to be hard to get any new blood.
Isn't OV9 literally looking at "evo" backwards? :lol: