Elon Musk/Tesla

ZedLeg

Elon Musk/Tesla

Post by ZedLeg »

Is it all going a bit wrong?

People seem to be losing confidence in Tesla as a company and they're getting a lot of bad press just now.

Elon Musk has spent the last few days ranting about the press on Twitter which culminated in a tweet that pulled a lot of blatantly antisemitic comments. Now people are asking whether it was accidental or a deliberate dog whistle on his part.

Is the crazy fan worship he gets going to his head a bit.

This made me laugh.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (36.75 KiB) Viewed 3179 times
Between this and Tommy Robinson going to jail Twitter has been entertaining for the last couple of days :lol:.
An absolute unit
Foz

Re: Elon Musk/Tesla

Post by Foz »

Can see them becoming a battery supplier only tbh..
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

The Tommy Robinson thing was a good excuse to cull a few people on Twitter and Facebook 😁
Middle-aged Dirtbag
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Musk’s rant about rating journalists and calling the website Pravda was brilliant. So many people missed the point entirely. He’s a top troll and people just don’t get it.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, my problem with that is the same as the self proclaimed apolitical free speech campaigners who court the alt right.

It's fine for him to go on a tear about the press and wind people up but when you get nothing but anime and pepe avatars going "we know who owns (((the press)))" in your feed it's not a joke anymore. I think it was a mistake for him to just delete the tweet and not comment on it.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I think he probably underestimated just how fucked up the internet is 😁
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah maybe, it's just odd that considering how much of the Tesla brand is built on his own cult of personality he'd risk it with that kind of thing.

I guess that he can see that he's going to lose some of the wishy washy liberals that supported Tesla in the early days with all these labour disputes so he'll transition from Tony Stark to Hank Scorpio to try and get the trumpets and kekistanis on board :lol:.

Maga edition Tesla pick up with simulated rolling coal function for 2020.

ETA I made that Hank Scorpio reference forgetting that he was recently selling a flame thrower for lolz.

An absolute unit
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I had a look around a Tesla 3 yesterday. (I’m in New York). No way is it a $£60k car! 😂

Also, I don’t think it’s a particularly good looking car. I can’t understand why people are waiting so long for one tbh 🤨
Cheers,

Ian
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

IanF wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:06 pm I had a look around a Tesla 3 yesterday. (I’m in New York). No way is it a $£60k car! 😂

Also, I don’t think it’s a particularly good looking car. I can’t understand why people are waiting so long for one tbh 🤨
This.

I talk to a few people who own Tesla's and they think they're actually the best car ever made and they're deadly serious. One of them has even crashed their car and is blaming the Tesla software for it and is expecting Tesla to foot the bill but this person is still adamant it's the best car ever.

The build quality is shocking, they are always in courtesy cars because their car spends most of its time in the dealer fixed being under warranty, they're constantly having to plan journeys around the charging points (it takes one of them three charges to see their kid at uni for example, so this requires stopping at a service station just short of their destination to charge up because their sprog lives in a flat where there's no charging facility and more often than not it's a 2+hour wait in the services for a charging point to become free then for them to charge the car enough to continue on the journey and get to the next charging point)

Do they inject their customers with something to stop them from realising they're over priced bags of shit with questionable engineering?
Last edited by Orange Cola on Mon May 28, 2018 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I remember when Tesla were at Goodwood 2 years ago and funnily enough all the current owners were like “once you drive a Tesla you can’t drive any other car”

Quickly came to the conclusion that it’s either the best car in the world or the current crop of owners have never sat in a decent car.

After hearing many personal stories and being in a test drive I can only conclude that they have never sat in a decent car 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

It's becoming cultish like Apple TBH. It doesn't matter whether it's good or not, some fanboys will buy the stuff regardless.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45105674

What do you think - cash out now before someone pulls back the curtain ??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Beany

Post by Beany »

Knowing Musk, that could have been him quite deliberately giving short sellers a bloody nose...

He's an odd fish in a mostly good, or at least interesting way, but he's not stupid.
Hates_

Post by Hates_ »

An interesting take I read yesterday was that it was done to drive the stock price up to protect himself from a hostile take over bid from the Saudis who already own a good chunk :S
The Saudi fund just made public that they own just under 5%, which is when you have to publicly declare to the SEC your holdings. This usually happens when there is an attempt at a hostile takeover. What Elon did was brilliant and he just countered it by tweeting this out. He is willing to take it private at the $420 price, probably way higher than the Saudi's were planning on. So now it'll be a race to see who can obtain >50% of the shares. Elon has a massive head start with how much he owns already, but the Saudi's fund is ridiculously huge right now ($250B) and I'm sure they have the ability to pull in another few hundred billion on demand. Kind of scary. Elon will need to find a stupid amount of capital and fast to do this.

It's very smart on Saudi Fund's part... They would own the worlds largest solar, battery, and EV producer. They could cover a desert in panels and sell the cars and batteries across Europe/Asia, while providing the power as well. They would once again have the largest control of the world's energy.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I was reading that by farting this announcement out on twitter he might have just opened himself up to a whole world of shit.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep, will possibly be investigated for price manipulation unless he shows he actually has the capital to be able to buy every share at $420
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It's out and out manipulation, especially when tied in with the story above. He could very well do prison time.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Even before I'd read that it seemed shady. People were saying he would need around $80bn to buy out all the shares, who would front up that kind of money for a company that's never made any money?
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Beany wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:19 pmbut he's not stupid.
Stock manipulation resulting in potential jail time sounds pretty stupid to me.
Beany

Post by Beany »

You can make announcements over stock intentions etc over social media if agreed with shareholders, as I understand it (I saw a note to that effect in relation to this exact announcement) - the relevant authorities will allow it these days. Whether thats in advance, part of the terms of holding shares etc I'm unsure.

But if shareholders weren't aware of that in advance, then er, yeah, problematic.

Given how often he says thing on twitter that could impact stock price, I'd expect that he's covered on that front though?
Last edited by Beany on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.