nuttinnew

Re: The Weather Thread.

Post by nuttinnew »

You're welcome to it.
What'll it likely peak at?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Mid-40s. You get used to it - resign yourself to the fact you can't be out in it in the day for too long, sunrise and sunset hours are still manageable and everything is air-conditioned. Can't have it all - the other 9 months makes up for it.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

There's the difference, it's normal there and it works accordingly.
I've been treating this weather like that, alas lacking the air-conditioning. I think the problem over the last week has been cloud keeping pollen and pollution trapped, no cloud here this morning and it feels much better.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’m loving this summer. I can’t remember when I’ve felt better. It’s been brilliant. Anyone moaning about the heat needs a kick in the vag.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I'm thoroughly enjoying getting the roof down on the Mustang. The summer has been amazing so far, and we've managed to hide the global warming bunch in a cupboard somewhere so we're not made to feel guilty about it.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:47 am I’m loving this summer. I can’t remember when I’ve felt better. It’s been brilliant. Anyone moaning about the heat needs a kick in the vag.
or has a 9 month old baby!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Rich B wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:40 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:47 am I’m loving this summer. I can’t remember when I’ve felt better. It’s been brilliant. Anyone moaning about the heat needs a kick in the vag.
or has a 9 month old baby!
I might let you off.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

It's been perfect for sitting around not doing a lot.

Not much fun for grinding and welding 😂

The garden is ruined and most of the smaller tar and chipping dressed roads have turned to two strips of molten tar.

I can't ever remember a longer hot / dry spell with zero rain.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep not looking forward to de-tarring the cars in a few months time. I like this new climate though. Proper cold winters and decent hot summers as opposed to being generally wet and shit.
How about not having a sig at all?
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

nuttinnew wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:47 am You're welcome to it.
What'll it likely peak at?
Marv

Post by Marv »

I've become pretty used to commuting on my bike over the past few months, so when I drove my car to Chelmsford on Friday and had to queue up in traffic, it was bloody frustrating 😆

JL, that's properly toasty!
Oui, je suis un motard.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

It's mental. I stubbornly went out on the BMW Friday morning at 9 and forgot how much the heat toasts your brain. All you can think about is the next stop, break, drink, a/c and the right-hand hyperspace control becomes your best friend - but doing 265 kph on the highway to get to the petrol station is not particularly clever............just for an instant but a bit of a wake up call not to be a dick.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:21 am It's been perfect for sitting around not doing a lot.

Not much fun for grinding and welding 😂

The garden is ruined and most of the smaller tar and chipping dressed roads have turned to two strips of molten tar.

I can't ever remember a longer hot / dry spell with zero rain.
Yep, our lawn is mainly brown patches now, the new tarmac inspection cover surround that the council put down last week is mostly stuck to my tyres and the town is full of tourists!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Nooo, I didn't mean to sound like that person :oops:
Yesterday; (lower pollution and pollen levels) nicer air, same temperature = lovely 8-)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

and yet last night was cooler than the past few weeks and I couldn't sleep...

and @ JL - 8-)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Oh, has it broached the 20C mark oop north?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 am
Oh, has it broached the 20C mark oop north?
It's been hovering just under 30 until the lat couple of days. Given that Scousers start wearing shorts at 10C, and go topless at 12C, you can only imagine the horror.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Whereas Geordies seem to wear less, the colder it gets. Odd fuckers.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Some rain would be nice now to clean the streets in London. Unlike a lot of other cities in warmer climates we chuck our rubbish on the streets for collection, have a lot of birds and dogs crapping and pissing everywhere, have a gum problem, and a lot more vomit than normal due to the football.

Was just waiting for the bus and my shoe got glued to all the crap on the pavement :x
Also London is starting to smell like New York and I would prefer it not to.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I haven't had more than four or five hours of sleep a day for a few weeks now, which even by my usual standards is pretty poor. I'm starting to feel like I've been run over :lol:.

I'm not a fan of hot weather.
An absolute unit