The Weather Thread.

nuttinnew

Re: The Weather Thread.

Post by nuttinnew »

aaand it's stopped. There's now less dense cloud coverage, and it's even brightened up a tad. There's a lot of muck left behind by the rivers flowing down the road (and on the previously flooded patio) but it would have been much worse if the drains hadn't been cleaned and if I hadn't cleared some of the stones etc from the kerb earlier in the year. It was clear to see how easy flooding occurs.

Broccers wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:23 pm
Unforts you cant rebook and have to ride in the rain. Might give me some practice as its not something Id do out of choice. :lol:

Well, improving technique and skills still, but yeah :(
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

One lap and they'll probably sign him up to WSBK or Formula 1 or something :lol:

Let us know how it goes Broccers.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 pm Got Ron Haslam Race school tomorrow afternoon. Been on my list of things to do in life for years - looks like rain :( :( :(
It is - somewhat aptly - pishing down here again. Survival training > rider training.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

We also have been having weather.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I’ve booked a motorboat on Windermere for today. The forecast says rain, looking out the window says dry and sunny.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Nice Rev...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 12:56 am
Broccers wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:32 pm Got Ron Haslam Race school tomorrow afternoon. Been on my list of things to do in life for years - looks like rain :( :( :(
It is - somewhat aptly - pishing down here again. Survival training > rider training.
We are on about 1pm so like you say on holiday it 'might burn through' ... I know this wont happen but hey :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

You’ll have a cracking day regardless, Broccers. If you end up confident and smooth in the rain, just imagine how much better you’ll be in the dry.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Hope so dude. WIll try and get pics if not too soaked and miserable ;)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

One of my mates pointed out that we haven't actually had rain in Glasgow for nearly two weeks :shock: .

It's was a bit gray this morning but it's burned away again and it's all clear skies and hot, I hate it.
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Dont rub it in ;)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 am One of my mates pointed out that we haven't actually had rain in Glasgow for nearly two weeks :shock: .

It's running out before it can make it up there; last night we had about three months' worth fall in an hour, the same amount is forecast for tomorrow. Has the south of England taken over the climate of southern Scotland?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:44 am I’ve booked a motorboat on Windermere for today. The forecast says rain, looking out the window says dry and sunny.
Twas awesome, the rain stayed away until this evening and we got buzzed by a Typhoon and a few Tucano trainers flying along Windermere.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 7:40 pm
NotoriousREV wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:44 am I’ve booked a motorboat on Windermere for today. The forecast says rain, looking out the window says dry and sunny.
Twas awesome, the rain stayed away until this evening and we got buzzed by a Typhoon and a few Tucano trainers flying along Windermere.

8-)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Aye... 8-)

Was there a speed limit of any sort??
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

dinny_g wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:17 pm Aye... 8-)

Was there a speed limit of any sort??
Yeah, it’s Windermere so if they catch you going more than walking pace it’s off to the gulag with you. Still, it was lovely out on the water letting the kids drive the boat.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Full moon tonight and tomorrow.
The sky looks like it will be clear so I'll probably go here; https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Hyt ... 4d1.081937
A good stretch without any lighting, looking across the Channel is about as dark as it gets in these parts. High tide is at about 11:45, it'll likely be quite busy with people fishing.
I need to get something capable of taking reasonable pictures :oops: :(
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

It wasn't too bad at Hythe, much mist and murkiness elsewhere though :roll:
No one was fishing. I know it's midweek, but that doesn't normally stop people.

This full moon is Strawberry Moon.
Saturn is right next to the moon 27th & 28th, Mars will be near the moon from the 29th on and will be at it's closest and brightest since 2003.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I didn't notice this thread because it was posted on my wedding day. We were bloody lucky; it rained pretty hard just before and during the ceremony then thundered as we came out but remained dry after that.

Some guests didn't make it; apparently the M5 was shut though they had problems closer to home:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

If I hadn't said it before, congratulations Jobbo 8-)

:shock: @ weather. You wouldn't have expected that when booking the wedding.