The Weather Thread.

NotoriousREV

Re: The Weather Thread.

Post by NotoriousREV »

We had literally 30 seconds of hailstones yesterday that turned everything white for 5 minutes before melting. We had another 10 seconds worth this morning. Weird weather. Actually feels quite warm out of the wind.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I'm glad I'm not in Edinburgh anymore when the weather's like this. The place is like a wind tunnel at the best of times. Crossing the north bridge gets painful when the wind picks up.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 am We had literally 30 seconds of hailstones yesterday that turned everything white for 5 minutes before melting. We had another 10 seconds worth this morning. Weird weather. Actually feels quite warm out of the wind.
Likewise on the correct side of the Pennines.

SNOWMAGEDDON has been quite disappointing.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Beany wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:35 am
NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:46 am We had literally 30 seconds of hailstones yesterday that turned everything white for 5 minutes before melting. We had another 10 seconds worth this morning. Weird weather. Actually feels quite warm out of the wind.
Likewise on the correct side of the Pennines.

SNOWMAGEDDON has been quite disappointing.
We did just have a full minute of snow 😱
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

It is a bit depressing this weather.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

It’ll be spring in a few weeks.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Wild and windy today. Had a few minutes of blizzard and then blue sky and sunshine
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Last night's drive home (from Oxford to the Cotswolds) was just crazy - rain, then sleet, then snow, then hail, a little lightning, a twat with no lights on, and a truck parked across the A40. Talk about a test of endurance.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve discovered a new type of twat. The twat with fog lights on during the day when it’s windy. They’re even worse than the rain fog light twats.
How about not having a sig at all?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

NotoriousREV wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:42 am It’ll be spring in a few weeks.
In fact, it’ll be British Summer Time in 6.5 weeks!
Middle-aged Dirtbag
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:29 pm I’ve discovered a new type of twat. The twat with fog lights on during the day when it’s windy. They’re even worse than the rain fog light twats.
They're usually also the same people that can't figure out how to turn on their dipped beams, so drive around with the side lights (or whatever position one on the switch is called) and fog lights on in the dark.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Beany

Post by Beany »

Or the melts who drive with no lights on in the dark in town. Like the numpty I had over a junction from me last night. Flashed him, nothing, flashed again, got two fingers up at me. Flashed a third time, he turns his lights on.

They walk among us.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Been very strange today, been calm and mild for a few hours at a time then gusts and goes crazy for half an hour before calming down again.

Very different to last week, but some of the gusts have been pretty hard so glad I left the fence strapped up 😂
Cheers, Harry
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Plenty of snow here in West Yorkshire today, all the schools have delayed opening, none of the roads have been gritted and I have 4 brand new Goodyear Vector 4 Season tyres on the 308, so I can go play out on empty roads!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:D 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

Yeah, snowy snowy. Then slushy. Got utterly drenched twice with slush twice as I was clearing snow off the car :roll: so I have moist legs.

Road to work was basically black ice under the slush.

So a quiet trundle in while everyone else panic braked and skirled out of junctions etc.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Just rain here. That’s what comes from living in the sub-tropical Mersey valley.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Wet, windy, still 11 degrees. Gritters yesterday on the roads but it was 8 degrees and the low was forecast to be 5.

Don’t think it ever got properly cold this winter in the South East.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I left the house at 5.20am to drive to Glasgow. Snowing like mad when I left the house in the M140i. Perfect vehicle to tackle the A66 on a day like this. 😂😂

I got a few miles and thought "fuck this" as the were loads of lorries struggling and I didn't want to get stuck. I turned back and about a mile later the road was blocked. There I sat from 6.20am until 10.50am before we got going again. What a PITA!!

Went back to the A1 headed up to Newcastle, collected a new built in oven and headed up to Edinburgh. Shortly it will be beer - thai food - beer and football. I shall be going to bed a little drunk tonight!! 🍻🍻 Cheers.
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I'm royally pissed off with this wind. Feels like I've been delaying installs for months now!
Cheers.

Gwaredd