The Weather Thread.

Simon

Re: The Weather Thread.

Post by Simon »

Beany wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:59 pm E U R O B E A T
I N T E N S I F I E S

I don't understand the foreign language these guys are speaking.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

That was a long enough day.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Now tell me that normal tyres and rwd are fine in snow 👍
Cheers, Harry
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Best pic Beany has ever taken. The whole car is visible and everything.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

This time last year the doomsday clock was updated to show 100 seconds to midnight.

With Beany posting a good photo I believe we can firmly say that we are mere seconds from midnight.
How about not having a sig at all?
Beany

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:43 pm Now tell me that normal tyres and rwd are fine in snow 👍
Hey, they were OK in near zero and slush and general winter. I was kinda expecting it to be a shitshow. I also wasn't expecting the local authorities to literally do nothing, all day, in terms of clearing snow :lol:

Walked in today - I'm a numpty, but I'm not a fucking moron....

Edit: OK, I'm a fucking moron, but I'm not a complete fucking imbecile...

OK, I'm...etc
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

You should really be walking every day after sharing your waist size Beans! 😉
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:56 am You should really be walking every day after sharing your waist size Beans! 😉
You shut your mouth - you shut your whore mouth, Rich!

(but yeah)

Going downhill isn't a massive problem, going uphill is the interesting part. 50m elevation over a mile as the crow flies with a couple of steeper changes in elevation.

That said, my hip hurt a bit after coming down, so I'm hoping I can 'walk that off'... :?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

50 metres over a mile 😂
Almost like ascending Everest!
mik

Post by mik »

But you are a slim-waister.....
Beany

Post by Beany »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:20 pm 50 metres over a mile 😂
Most of it is about 20 metres over a 200 metres stretch, it's a bitch for my calves. Parts of it are like climbing rubbish really mild stairs - fine at first, but after a few hundred steps it starts to take an effect. Genuinely good exercise though, does get the heart pumping if you maintain even a relaxed pace. Just the nature of it.

That said, it wasn't too bad today, so perhaps I should just quit my bitching and crack on with it :cry:

Doesn't seem to have done my back any harm so I can't use that as an exuse either - BAH! :lol:

Just checked - one section is 10m elevation change in 100m, another is 15m over 200m, which aren't exactly gentle strolls. Just checked another bit - 10m over 150m.

Using a simple Google elevation map from Solwise, which isn't perfect but gives reasonable ballpark numbers

https://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-elevationtool.html
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Bingley (and our village which would be by the trees) under fog today.

speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Beany wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:53 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:20 pm 50 metres over a mile 😂
Most of it is about 20 metres over a 200 metres stretch, it's a bitch for my calves. Parts of it are like climbing rubbish really mild stairs - fine at first, but after a few hundred steps it starts to take an effect. Genuinely good exercise though, does get the heart pumping if you maintain even a relaxed pace. Just the nature of it.

That said, it wasn't too bad today, so perhaps I should just quit my bitching and crack on with it :cry:

Doesn't seem to have done my back any harm so I can't use that as an exuse either - BAH! :lol:

Just checked - one section is 10m elevation change in 100m, another is 15m over 200m, which aren't exactly gentle strolls. Just checked another bit - 10m over 150m.

Using a simple Google elevation map from Solwise, which isn't perfect but gives reasonable ballpark numbers

https://www.solwise.co.uk/wireless-elevationtool.html
Is this the level of analysis required for you to decide to walk to work :o
How far is it? :D If you're injured or something I hereby retract my words m'lud.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

NGRhodes wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:15 pm Bingley (and our village which would be by the trees) under fog today.

Excellent pic 8-)
Beany

Post by Beany »

My back is fucking painful at the moment - right in the lowers, so going AH YA CUNT when stepping on unexpectedly soft or firm chunks of snow is....it's nice to avoid that. Spent most my walk on the untreated, zero-traffic sideroads in the carriageway where that was less of an issue (keeping an eye out for traffic that never came, obviously)

Also, bear in mind most of you scrawny cunts aren't carrying an extra 6-8st over-average of potential energy, you fucking racing snakes. I've been dangerously underweight before (6ft/8st), I am more aware than people would like to be of the difference between the two ;)

And it's not the level of analysis required to walk - I was generally planning on it once my back was a bit less tweeky because I'm getting to the stage where buying clothes from normal shops is not a realistic option, which is my general warning sign that I need to stop being a lazy cunt :lol: but Mito Man asked, so I decided to explain that it's not a smooooooth 50 in 1600 (1 in 32) incline, but a chunk of 1 in 10/15/20s grouped together with some flatter bits in between.

Which as a fat lazy cunt, is a bit more of a challenge than it is for you FUCKING RACING SNAKES.

Edit : If my math on the 1/whatevers is wrong, I have an important point to make - I don't care. Go finger your cat, yeah?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Fuck me, my flat is on the 7th floor, nowadays with covid and 1 person per lift it can get quite busy so if I see someone already waiting for the lift I’ll take the stairs up.
Plot that on your GPS elevation map and smoke it 😂
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:40 pm Fuck me, my flat is on the 7th floor, nowadays with covid and 1 person per lift it can get quite busy so if I see someone already waiting for the lift I’ll take the stairs up.
I’m going to stick up for Beany here- there’s no snow on your stairs and there’s a nice comfy seat at the top......
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Beany wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:24 pm My back is fucking painful at the moment - right in the lowers, so going AH YA CUNT when stepping on unexpectedly soft or firm chunks of snow is....it's nice to avoid that. Spent most my walk on the untreated, zero-traffic sideroads in the carriageway where that was less of an issue (keeping an eye out for traffic that never came, obviously)

Also, bear in mind most of you scrawny cunts aren't carrying an extra 6-8st over-average of potential energy, you fucking racing snakes. I've been dangerously underweight before (6ft/8st), I am more aware than people would like to be of the difference between the two ;)

And it's not the level of analysis required to walk - I was generally planning on it once my back was a bit less tweeky because I'm getting to the stage where buying clothes from normal shops is not a realistic option, which is my general warning sign that I need to stop being a lazy cunt :lol: but Mito Man asked, so I decided to explain that it's not a smooooooth 50 in 1600 (1 in 32) incline, but a chunk of 1 in 10/15/20s grouped together with some flatter bits in between.

Which as a fat lazy cunt, is a bit more of a challenge than it is for you FUCKING RACING SNAKES.

Edit : If my math on the 1/whatevers is wrong, I have an important point to make - I don't care. Go finger your cat, yeah?
I am now back in my box, back pain is no joke. I didn't know you'd gained weight to that level either!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:40 pm Fuck me, my flat is on the 7th floor, nowadays with covid and 1 person per lift it can get quite busy so if I see someone already waiting for the lift I’ll take the stairs up.
My last flat in Copenhagen was a fourth floor walk-up and it was noticeable how much stronger my legs and back got after a year of carrying stuff up and down on a daily basis.

@Beany : yikes. Get fitter/better soon!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

If only exercise like walking helped with back pain and weight loss...