The Weather Thread.

Mito Man

Re: The Weather Thread.

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve just turned one of the Ring cameras to face the road so I checking it every 10 minutes on my phone. Although I think most people have stayed at home as I haven’t had a single alert for a car go past in the 2 hours I’ve done this.
How about not having a sig at all?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Chihuahua was blown off his feet yesterday, good job he was on a lead. Rain and hail this morning but all quiet now.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:32 am Chihuahua was blown off his feet yesterday, good job he was on a lead. Rain and hail this morning but all quiet now.
I thought you had a St. Bernard? That's one hell of a mix up if you ended up with a handbag rat!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I now have a new unit of measurement for wind speed
“So fucking windy that my glasses blew off”
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Rich B wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:44 am
Zonda_ wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:32 am Chihuahua was blown off his feet yesterday, good job he was on a lead. Rain and hail this morning but all quiet now.
I thought you had a St. Bernard? That's one hell of a mix up if you ended up with a handbag rat!
We do, I never tire of strangers pointing out “it’s little and large”
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looks like you northerners are in the eye of the storm hence the calmness right now
mik

Post by mik »

It’s been lovely here since 09:00. Pretty much zero wind. But if snow.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Seems to have died back a bit at the moment. Haven't seen the news yet so not sure of the extent of any damage locally but we only lost a couple of panes in the greenhouse.

It looks fantastic outside - sunniest day all week! Sadly not worth the risk of going out for a walk though.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Next doors rotten fence has gone down - which is a good (and predictable) result. They rent the house, and it was desperately needing replacing, so this should get it done!

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Hard pass from me 😂
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

It's been rough on the South Wales coast. M4 closed at Bristol, Bridgend and Swansea. Lorry's blown over, Trees down and cladding everywhere.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

jamcg wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:38 pm

Hard pass from me 😂
:lol:
All aboard the vomit comet
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:49 pm
jamcg wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:38 pm

Hard pass from me 😂
:lol:
All aboard the vomit comet
Last time we went to France in 2019 we got the last ferry before they cancelled them for the next 24hrs. It was all calm when we left but during the night got very rough and it was like a roller coaster. We could only get 2 2 berth cabins so I shared with my younger lad and the wife and daughter shared. Me and the boy slept like logs where my wife and my friends wife were up all night in panic.

It's been a bit gusty here since about 11am but nothing worse than we've had before, the glass recycling box blew around a bit, caravan alarm went off twice until I switched it off and a few small branches have fallen off our tree so far. We're right in the red area from the satellite image above so hopefully it will quieten down before I have to go out to do the disco tonight.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Blustery in Cheshire now, has been for an hour or so. The broken/patched fence is broken again, and my wheelie bin lid has flipped open. It's chaos.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Impressively, the O2 has big holes in it now!

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/liv ... ws-updates

And another two panels in my garden too!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Does anyone here know Bude? I've only been once but this tree is (was) such a landmark I remembered it:

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well I think the worst of it is hopefully past now, as in it’s only 70 mph and not 80+
Greenhouse lost a few panes but it’s a wobbly POS and I’m surprised the whole thing hasn’t gone tbh. I can see a few trees down on the cameras but nothing on the roads. Unusually no power cuts so far.
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:45 pm Well I think the worst of it is hopefully past now, as in it’s only 70 mph and not 80+
Greenhouse lost a few panes but it’s a wobbly POS and I’m surprised the whole thing hasn’t gone tbh. I can see a few trees down on the cameras but nothing on the roads. Unusually no power cuts so far.
I remember my dads greenhouse losing a couple of pains in a bad storm. It was only later that we noticed it had shifted its location by approx 20cm.