The Weather Thread.

Swervin_Mervin

Re: The Weather Thread.

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

The drive back from the Wye valley yesterday was "tricky". Spent the first hour with Google maps sending us up roads only to find them flooded. Some were risking it and getting through but I wasn't prepared to risk the Skoda in it - it only takes one d1ck coming the other way at speed to put an end to the car.

Eventually made it out, and later stopped for an hour in Shrewsbury for lunch. They were grateful for the business I think, but most places were starting to close up by then. Could see the Severn inching up the street we were on, which was only round the corner form the car park we'd parked in so we didn't hang about. Managed to get across the Welsh Bridge just before they started closing it to traffic on the Frankwell side.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 am Wet, windy, still 11 degrees. Gritters yesterday on the roads but it was 8 degrees and the low was forecast to be 5.

Don’t think it ever got properly cold this winter in the South East.
I was in Newcastle yesterday and London felt very balmy in comparison when I got back. However it did feel very cold on my walk home from work this evening. There's snow forecast in London tonight and it certainly feels like it might.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

I must live in the most boring area for weather in the country. We are about 2 miles from a small river on the top of the village’s hill so flooding is highly unlikely, it does get windy from time to time but nothing serious, the l200 with at tyres and the super select 4wd system is more capable in the snow and ice than my old Navara was, but it’s unlikely I’ll need it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Pete_ wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:13 pm
Mito Man wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 am Wet, windy, still 11 degrees. Gritters yesterday on the roads but it was 8 degrees and the low was forecast to be 5.

Don’t think it ever got properly cold this winter in the South East.
I was in Newcastle yesterday and London felt very balmy in comparison when I got back. However it did feel very cold on my walk home from work this evening. There's snow forecast in London tonight and it certainly feels like it might.
Forecast to snow from 1-4am so I’ll miss it and it will be gone by the time I’m up :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

First time it’s ever rained enough to flood the garage
Rather annoyingly a bunch of my sockets and ratchets are under all that because I’m lazy.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Is that from particularly heavy rain or just in combination with all the land being saturated and the soakaways being full?
Cheers, Harry
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:21 pm First time it’s ever rained enough to flood the garage
Rather annoyingly a bunch of my sockets and ratchets are under all that because I’m lazy.
Get them all soaked in WD40 and they'll be fine, just don't leave them under water!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep. At least the grass should be well fertilised for spring now as all that water is manure runoff from the next door paddock.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

-1 feels like -3 atm with a lovely clear starry sky. Would make for a good night drive.

Edit 5;58; now -2/-4 with the glow of the sun coming over the horizon. Glorious 8-)
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

BBC weather forecast is showing 20 degrees and sunny in London on Sunday. Glad my flat has a balcony!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I'm late posting; it's full moon 7th and 8th, a supermoon that is the largest and brightest of the year.

April’s full Moon often corresponded with the early springtime blooms of a certain wildflower native to eastern North America, Phlox subulata—commonly called creeping phlox or moss phlox—which also went by the name moss pink because of it's colour. Thanks to this seasonal association, this full Moon came to be commonly called the Pink Moon. It's also known as the Egg Moon, Sprouting Grass Moon, Hare Moon, or Fish Moon.

Apols for posting late and missing a night of it :(
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

UV is at 4 8-)
Pollution and pollen are both high though :(
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

The moon is just up; lovely golden/orange/pink colour to it, but that might be the murky atmosphere.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Full moon tonight, a supermoon, the last of three on the trot and the last one this year (iirc).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep got the firepit going so gonna spend the night sitting outside.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Meh, cloud :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Surprising number of trees (and power lines) down from this unnamed storm.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

What storm?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It’s not strong enough to be an actual storm but it’s worse than some of the named ones we had earlier in the year here and the trees being in full leaf has made quite a bit of carnage.