Serious RTC Documentary - Graphic Content

scotta

Serious RTC Documentary - Graphic Content

Post by scotta »

Beany

Re: Serious RTC Documentary - Graphic Content

Post by Beany »

Christ, that's devastating. The graphic content is more psychological than visual for the most part - mangled wreckage isn't exactly easy to see when you know there have been deaths.

A good reminder as to my work have a phone policy when driving that you let people know your leaving time, and expected arrival time, and you're not expected to be contacted during that period. At all. We'd rather you turn the phone off and slap in the glove box when driving. Or use it as a satnav if it's convenient. But absolutely nothing interactive.

If you're driving, you're driving, not working.

The idea that some companies expect you do join fucking conference calls while driving (as someone once told me was expected of them) is ludicrious IMHO.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

At my first proper job after Uni, the MD, who was an utter c**t, had velcro on the middle of the steering wheel of his Jag so that he could use his Psion Organiser while driving. We kinda hoped he'd crash into something solid one day and have the airbag launch it into his smug f**king face.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

That's savage, because even though the HGV driver was very clearly doing something stupid, the level of remorse that he shows, or perhaps it's self pity, makes it feel like there's no real bad guy, instead someone who is coming to terms with the reality of destroying three lives and ruining his own.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

An old boss of mine wanted me to ring all of the directors of the company I was doing a project for, individually, on a Monday morning while I drove to the site of another project I was working on.

I told him no because:

1. It’s bloody dangerous

2. I don’t have hands free and I’m not risking a fine

3. I leave at 05:30. I don’t think they’d appreciate the call :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

That occurred about 10 miles from where I live. A friend of mine knows the firemen who responded. Apparently one of the vehicles where someone died was a Toyota hilux- the wagon folded the pickup bed over the top of the cab, created an instant fireball and trapping the guy in too.

Not sure if this is mentioned in the documentary as I’m on a scout camp at the mo so it’s not really appropriate viewing. Will watch later though
scotta

Post by scotta »

jamcg wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:56 pm That occurred about 10 miles from where I live. A friend of mine knows the firemen who responded. Apparently one of the vehicles where someone died was a Toyota hilux- the wagon folded the pickup bed over the top of the cab, created an instant fireball and trapping the guy in too.

Not sure if this is mentioned in the documentary as I’m on a scout camp at the mo so it’s not really appropriate viewing. Will watch later though
they show the Toyota.