Slippers

Slippers

Poll ended at Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:13 am

- yeah I use slippers in the house all the time
20%
- yeah I use slippers in the house regularly.
20%
- I have slippers but only use them occasionally
13%
- I have slippers but rarely use them
No votes
- I don’t have slippers (man)
27%
- Slippers? Fuck off - they are for mah grandah bro!
10%
- Slippers? frankly I prefer an argument
10%
- Slippers. Shlipperz. Rhymes with kippahz.
No votes

Total votes: 30

mik

Re: Slippers

Post by mik »

Crocs aren’t for the visuals (which are rank) - they are for easy external don’t care if they get wet shizzle, and can also stand on driveway gravel without squeeling. I wouldn’t wear them in the house.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Simon wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:35 am including putting the bins out
I'm a big fan of not wearing socks and shoes but that's a no for me, maybe because I have a communal bin area though. Don't want to stand in something gross with bare feet :lol:

My gym trainers are ideal as they're well ventilated enough that I can wear them out to the shops or whatever without socks.
An absolute unit
Barry

Post by Barry »

Bare feet most of the year, socks/slippers in winter, flip-flops or crocs for anything involving outside (putting bins out etc).
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

I'm very prone to my feet getting cold for some reason. Also, I'm a clumsy bugger so prone to stubbing my toes; in fact I broke my little toe by catching it on a chair leg while running barefoot through the house.

Sheepskin lined Ugg ascots have kept me warm year round:

duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Barefoot indoors - flip flops by the door for bins etc
Socks indoors - slippers by the door for bins etc

Often one or neither by the door, dynamic risk assessment needed as to whether outdoor conditions can be braved in socks or barefoot.

Mind you, I've never bought any slippers, my MIL has given me some. They have a use, I'm not against them as a concept.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Gavster wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:36 am I have house shoes, instead of slippers. Mainly as a preventative piece of foot/leg health, I wear a pair of Asics Gel Kayano knit trainers which are only for indoor use. They're warm, comfortable and very supportive, great for being in the kitchen or doing housework.
You mentioned this previously and I've gone down the same route. Comfortable, supportive ASICS running trainers purely for in house use. Top idea!
Beany

Post by Beany »

I keep going over to my neighbours, if it's dry out, in my socks. He has a gravel drive.

I never learn.

Barefoot or socks in the house depending on the temperature, don't have slippers/slipons/crocs/flipflops/etc
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

Crocs are ace.

One pair at back door, one pair at front door, o e pair at caravan.

I'd never wear them to go anywhere in, but for washing car, nipping into garden, getting post, taking bin out, going to shower block at the van, they're unbeatable.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Bare foot in the hoose - socks are too slidey, slippers for the supermarket, I can see Crocs having their use for the o' shite even though I don't have any. Clogs for everything.
Beany

Post by Beany »

nuttinnew wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:30 pm Bare foot in the hoose - socks are too slidey, slippers for the supermarket, I can see Crocs having their use for the o' shite even though I don't have any. Clogs for everything.
Along with a dressing gown or a onesie, yeah?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:37 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:30 pm Bare foot in the hoose - socks are too slidey, slippers for the supermarket, I can see Crocs having their use for the o' shite even though I don't have any. Clogs for everything.
Along with a dressing gown or a onesie, yeah?
Yep, depends if I dress up for it or not.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Break out the Foxy fursuit for the big Friday shop, yeah? :D
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I was in Atlanta last month and there was a Furry convention on; makes slippers seem almost normal… almost. 😜
Cheers,

Ian
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

IanF wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:27 am I was in Atlanta last month because there was a Furry convention on
Efa.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

nuttinnew wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:05 am
IanF wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:27 am I was in Atlanta last month because there was a Furry convention on
Efa.
So that’s what the f stands for :lol:
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

McSwede wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:37 pm
Gavster wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:36 am I have house shoes, instead of slippers. Mainly as a preventative piece of foot/leg health, I wear a pair of Asics Gel Kayano knit trainers which are only for indoor use. They're warm, comfortable and very supportive, great for being in the kitchen or doing housework.
You mentioned this previously and I've gone down the same route. Comfortable, supportive ASICS running trainers purely for in house use. Top idea!
Awesome :) my gf at the time thought it was weird, but it works so well!
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Research has recently revealed that people who own Crocs will probably drive a diesel SUV. Slowly. ;)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

But the opposite isn't true - I drive a Diesel SUV slowly but don't, nor will ever, wear Crocs... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Crocs just remind of squat toilets. Whenever I’ve been to a house which has one, not many times mind, they always have a few pairs of crocs in different sizes just for use in the squat toilet.
So there was a young Mito Boy, in Morroco, squatting, hoping the explosive tajine wouldn’t end up in his shorts, looking down at this pair of shitty blue crocs.

I got to relive this experience a few years later in France of all places whilst visiting a pen pal. White crocs this time.
How about not having a sig at all?
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

dinny_g wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:42 pm But the opposite isn't true - I drive a Diesel SUV slowly but don't, nor will ever, wear Crocs... :lol:
I can live with your vehicle and driving style, but Crocs aren't negotiable.