Ukraine

Beany

Re: Ukraine

Post by Beany »

Did he not come out with some form of 'hitler was right/got the trains running' bollocks a few years ago?

Edit: Yup - so he has form for praising murderous dictators.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/ ... ler-saddam
Last edited by Beany on Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

WTAF?
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
John

Post by John »

Stupid old fool :roll:
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Why is he even being interviewed about the subject? Is he an expert in anything related to ongoing events? Or is it clickbait by giving him attention?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

So everyone involved with F1 is into fascism then?
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

You’d think he’s just old and senile but he’s been like that since forever.
He must have got a very healthy pay check over Sochi.
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Meanwhile

Beany

Post by Beany »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:34 am Why is he even being interviewed about the subject? Is he an expert in anything related to ongoing events? Or is it clickbait by giving him attention?
Most likely someone in the journo circles heard he had 'interesting opinions' on Ukraine, and knew it'd get attention.
Simon

Post by Simon »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:34 am Why is he even being interviewed about the subject? Is he an expert in anything related to ongoing events? Or is it clickbait by giving him attention?
Or, alternative view, if there are prominent people in society with these crazy views they absolutely do need exposing so that we know the truth about who they are and what they think.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

Unbelievable. And yet - for Bernie - not really. :?

About 10yrs ago I was on business down near Lahdahn Tahn, and went out for a run. Ended up running through the car park of Kempton Park race course - and my route took me right past one of the entrances - where I rounded a corner, blinked, and suddenly a little grey haired specky bloke was directly in my path about 2m away and closing rather quickly. He was accompanied by a fancily dressed lady, and either 2 or 3 burly men, but none of the others were on my collision course.

It all happened very quickly, and I only realised who it was as I spun round and blurted “sorry!”, but luckily I avoided being rugby tackled by his security. Unluckily my cat-like reflexes prevented me from running right over him, or even getting in a sneaky “accidental arm flailing” slap on his chops. :?

All the more impressive as I was probably running faster than Olympic gold medal pace for whatever distance I had run….. :ugeek:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Passport - 6½ weeks and counting. The tracking status on the passport office website hasn't changed since 31st May.

An article yesterday backing up our brief experience that despite big budgets and paid advertising asking for donations, foreign humanitarian aid agencies aren't actually doing anything on the ground:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... aid-effort

I was however VERY pleased to see World Central Kitchen name checked in the article as an exception. They were the only foreign charity we saw in action in Poland and are doing an absolutely stellar job:

https://wck.org/news/meet-the-team-in-ukraine
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

😂
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

There's a snippet of Putin batshit-ness tucked away in this article that I'm surprised hasn't had more attention.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-62061695

A measure of Mr Putin's thinking at the time of the invasion was revealed in a French documentary last week, which broadcast a tense nine-minute phone call in which he told President Emmanuel Macron that President Zelensky was not democratically elected and came to power during a bloodbath when people were burned alive.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Ah, the T72, fully prepped, being used for war games.

And they still malf all over the place. There's a few issues reported in the thread.

If this is how bad fully prepped tanks used for public display to show off their wares are, I can't imagine them being terribly good in an active battlefield after being pulled from long term storage....
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

This certainly is how badly prepared they are.

The famous turret-popping routine seen so many times has been linked to ERA, that the troops haven't been properly trained in its use, so aren't maintaining it and in some cases aren't even bothering to fit it. It's all part of the larger picture of failures in low-level discipline.

And the Russian defence industry is getting shafted from both ends right now. It can't buy in the Western tech that so much of it relies on, and the countries that usually buy Russian tanks & planes are rather less than impressed to see how badly this stuff has been performing IRL. Russia used to make quite a lot of money selling military equipment...
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

And a new coffee chain has been set up to use all the former Starbucks premises in Russia. The owner has said there is nothing in common between the names & the logos apart from the circular shape. I'd disagree...

mik

Post by mik »

Beany

Post by Beany »

When will people in Russia learn not to stand near windows.

The humanity, etc.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:41 pm When will people in Russia learn not to stand near windows.
In Russia the window comes to you.
Beany

Post by Beany »

In Russia, FSB come to you, and you go through window.