The price of everything!!!

V8Granite

The price of everything!!!

Post by V8Granite »

Feel free to complain about price rises!!!

Dog food, we are now spending £400 a month to feed 2 dogs and 2 cats. The cats on regular cat food and the dogs on raw. The price of raw has gone up 50% in about 5 years!!!

We can now feed the ducks for £11 a month for food alone and we get 2 gorgeous duck eggs a day. On food alone Ducks are actively saving us money, if you also include the bedding etc then we are still actually saving money by having them.

We need about 100 ducks to offset the electric and dog food price rises, it’s the only sensible way.

Dave!
Last edited by V8Granite on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mik

Re: The price of everything!!!

Post by mik »

Do it. 😎
Beany

Post by Beany »

I saw this the other day and it matches up with what I've been noticing, because I'm permanently living month to month. It's a thread.

Don't even start me on gas, electric and fuel prices.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I did a vid on TikTok about Jack's thread and got 30k likes so it's not all bad 😉🤣
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavster wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 pm I did a vid on TikTok about Jack's thread and got 30k likes so it's not all bad 😉🤣
I don't know much about tik tok - what does 30k likes get you?
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

A fleeting sense of external validation :lol:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

You are down wit da yoof and keepin it reelz.

Dave!
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

It's gained +1,700 followers and the creator fund statement is 3 working days behind, so I'll find out the income from that over the next few days - it'll probably be about £3 😒

The reason I do TikTok is for other reasons, mainly to build an audience, establish my presence and build professional credibility. Nobody makes decent money from the creator fund, even if you're getting millions of views every day, it would still give you a very low income compared to the value of your audience.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

"build professional credibility"

On Tik-Tok

What do you do for a living?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

He knows about food so my guess is taking big spoonfuls of Paprika powder and trying not to cough.

Or most likely, he will soon explain a world that has completely passed us by and is a way of making money we simply don’t understand.

Dave!
Marv

Post by Marv »

Beany wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:53 pm I saw this the other day and it matches up with what I've been noticing, because I'm permanently living month to month. It's a thread.

Don't even start me on gas, electric and fuel prices.
That's shit to hear Beany.

Is your work situation still crap? I think given your technical knowledge and ability, you should be on a decent wage and not struggling.
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

If you are on tik-toc then the chinese government has already wiped the content of the Bill Gates microchip that was injected with your vaccine, but your body is now being prepared to transmogrify into a human Tesla cannon virus superspreader weapon. Should take about 6months.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

DaveE wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:23 pm "build professional credibility"

On Tik-Tok

What do you do for a living?
One part of my business is advising clients about effective ways to communicate their work, which includes how to create impact on social media - so I'm walking the talk - and it's the fun part too.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:43 pm Feel free to complain about price rises!!!

Dog food, we are now spending £400 a month to feed 2 dogs and 2 cats. The cats on regular cat food and the dogs on raw. The price of raw has gone up 50% in about 5 years!!!

We can now feed the ducks for £11 a month for food alone and we get 2 gorgeous duck eggs a day. On food alone Ducks are actively saving us money, if you also include the bedding etc then we are still actually saving money by having them.

We need about 100 ducks to offset the electric and dog food price rises, it’s the only sensible way.

Dave!
WTF are you feeding your dogs and cats?! :lol:

I hope you aren't feeding the cats using pouches.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Marv wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:42 pm That's shit to hear Beany.

Is your work situation still crap? I think given your technical knowledge and ability, you should be on a decent wage and not struggling.
Been awaiting a pay review for three months.

Have worked almost every day since christmas, and have spent at least half of the preceding three months having a high potato, pasta and egg content in my diet. Not because I want to be healthy, but because it's pretty much all I can reasonably afford.

Currently actively looking for better work, but with no money I can't update my now very shoddy wardrobe, etc - so it all comes down to money being tight. Can't spend £100 on a new work coat (say, a decent M+S wool job) for interviews when that's literally your food budget for the month.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:03 pm
V8Granite wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:43 pm Feel free to complain about price rises!!!

Dave!
WTF are you feeding your dogs and cats?! :lol:

I hope you aren't feeding the cats using pouches.
Annoyingly the cats turn their nose up at everything bar natures menu pouches and Tescos cheap nasty tins. We’ve tried no end of stuff and they just pick half of it out and dump it on the floor. Picky fucks.

The dogs get 1.5kg and 1.6kg of raw food a day, plus fish, eggs, chickens feet, chicken wings etc. the only way we have found to do it cheaper requires a great big chest freezer and buying it in very large amounts, 75kg at a time. I was fine with it till I added up a months worth of pet shop visits 😂

Dave!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I did a moan about this some months ago and not many people seemed to care :lol:

I reckon food in general will go up quite a bit this summer, a few farms nearby haven't planted any arable crops because the price of fertiliser increased so much (due to the gas price increase) so they've just put sheep on a few parcels of land and left the others... At least lamb will be cheap if they find enough butchers.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Gavster wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:12 pm I did a vid on TikTok about Jack's thread and got 30k likes so it's not all bad 😉🤣
Whereas Jack managed to get the ONS to change the basis of calculation of CPI. I look forward to the day something on Tiktok changes the administration of the state for the better :lol:

Since I live on £10 Waitrose ready meals I haven't noticed inflation at all.
Not really, obvs

Obviously fuel for my car is ~45% more than it was early in COVID but that was unusually cheap; it's probably only 10% more than it was 3 years ago. Mortgage payments are pretty small. There's a lot more variability in the price of the same things depending on where you buy them though. I'm sadly over-privileged but had still noticed what Jack Monroe said happening in the supermarket; basic products like 10p cans of kidney beans seem not to exist now. With a squeeze on supply it's not surprising that's the case.

Beany, have you ever had a pay rise in your working life?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jobbo, yeah, just not at this shithole.

Edit: Actually I think this might be the only 'proper' job I've had where I've not.

Work in telecoms they said, it's well paid they said.... :roll:
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:52 pm
Whereas Jack managed to get the ONS to change the basis of calculation of CPI. I look forward to the day something on Tiktok changes the administration of the state for the better :lol:
Don’t worry hun I’ll dm you when it happens so you don’t miss out :lol: