DriveTribe

Jimmy Choo

DriveTribe

Post by Jimmy Choo »

https://drivetribe.com/p/dear-drivetrib ... Iw6xTxr9MQ

Well, I'd forgotten that it existed. It's not clear if the Youtube channels are ending or if it's just the website and app.

A virtual bag of revels for the first person to say "I'd forgotten that it existed" or "I'm not surprised".
Banal Vapid Platitudes
ZedLeg

Re: DriveTribe

Post by ZedLeg »

Wait, did you just give yourself a virtual bag of revels?

You could probably have real ones seeing as how you're right next to you.
An absolute unit
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I've seen some of their videos pop up on YouTube, but I didn't think the content was very good. They tried, they failed.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

I only follow DriveTribe and FoodTribe on YouTube as they make (made?) interesting videos.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

I think I'm still subscribed to the YouTube channel, but couldn't tell you that last video I saw / watched. Can't say I've looked at the site either since it first went live. I've seen a few of the James May FoodTribe videos on YT, but not something I actively followed. Meh.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I didn't even know FoodTribe existed. As for DriveTribe I'd forgotten that it existed and I'm not surprised it's going.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Has anyone subscribed to the intercooler? Im currently on a free trial, content is good but doesn't seem to be updated often which may be due to xmas break.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Food tribe is just James May making sandwiches 😂 Good viewing if you can’t sleep at night - makes you doze off.
How about not having a sig at all?
scotta

Post by scotta »

I watch their YouTube stuff. Couple of interesting car rebuilds lately and Hammond updates on his classic car business. The website content i never bother with. Occasionally a quiz will pop up on socials that i click on but very rarely.
Foz

Post by Foz »

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

It was a bit of an embarrassment from the off, really, so I wonder how much money the three of them have thrown at it over the last 5 years? Always looked doomed to failure but they've let it limp on long enough to tell a nice little tale of being closed down by the chip shortage and COVID. Nothing to do with it being an unpopular failure then :lol:
scotta

Post by scotta »

From what I can tell though out of the headline three it was only may that did anything on there.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, this whole being stuck at home for two years stuff has really hurt the social media platforms...
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:44 pm Yeah, this whole being stuck at home for two years stuff has really hurt the social media platforms...
The fact we were all bored for months on end and still nobody bothered to go on DriveTripe says it all.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

scotta wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:19 pm From what I can tell though out of the headline three it was only may that did anything on there.
And that was only food related.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:02 pm
Rich B wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:44 pm Yeah, this whole being stuck at home for two years stuff has really hurt the social media platforms...
The fact we were all bored for months on end and still nobody bothered to go on DriveTripe says it all.
Agreed. I remember looking at it when it launched. It was shite and I never went back.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ That, I'd forgotten there was a 'site. The yt stuff is good and varied, looking forward to the V10 MX5 8-)
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Just seeen some comments on Twitter about all the DT content being deleted. Just like the years’ worth of content on the old evo forum then (only that was higher quality content)
Left over crest; tightens.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I read elsewhere that it lost £21m in its first 4 years. That time period takes it to the beginning of COVID (the company was running well before it went live in Nov 2016) so I wonder how much it lost since which caused it to be closed?