For the FAO attention of motorbikists

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

For the FAO attention of motorbikists

Post by KiwiDave »

Next door neighbour has a eclectic pile of stuff in his garage. 90% of the time his dogs live in it and all the cars are outside, couple of SUVs, a pretty minty Khan Defender 110 and a bike that he starts up every weekend to warm it through but rarely ventures out. I have for months been trying to see what it is as it sounds awesome - to my non-bikist ears like an angry Ducatti.

Anyway just seen it go up the driveway. Silver, two upright oblong rear lights and 'Senna' written down the side of the front fairing. WTF is it?

Senna is also the name of one of his dogs too - neighbour brownie points scored for that even though the bloody thing keeps coming round to shit on my lawn.
Broccers

Re: For the FAO attention of motorbikists

Post by Broccers »

McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Probably a 916 Senna. Beautiful thing.

Barry

Post by Barry »

As above, that's the first thing that comes to mind. On decent cans will sound like thunder with some loose metal flying about 🤣
tim

Post by tim »

Yeah that'll be a 916 Senna. Only 300 of them made. He probably doesn't ride it because of the chiropractor bills afterwards (essentially same bike as my 748 only more betterer engine and bits)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’d say it’s the best looking bike of all time, though a 916 Strada or SP in red would be my preferred choice to look at.
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

McSwede wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 11:25 am Probably a 916 Senna. Beautiful thing.

That's the one. :cool:

Your various comments explain a lot - he's so precious with it. He's one of those neighbour types who's friendly but also doesn't chat - we've been here three years and it's the first time I've physically seen it. Sounds immense. Between that and the Khan Defender it's quite specific taste he's got. :D