Petrol the new toilet roll

Broccers

Petrol the new toilet roll

Post by Broccers »

They were all out last night queuing for miles, causing mayhem.

I must say it was a struggle to get sul from tesco on Tues so went to Sainsbury's no problems. Same Sainsbury's last night was packed.

What's it like near you?
drcarlos

Re: Petrol the new toilet roll

Post by drcarlos »

Went out in tvr last night, Tesco was very busy, Sainsbury’s only about a mile away was pretty empty.
mik

Post by mik »

Can you already hear the Tesla fanbois?

“Yeah these fossil fuel powered cars are great, but the network is too fragile to make them a viable option…..”
tim

Post by tim »

Got petrol yesterday, was no different from any other day.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I tried it and wouldn’t recommend.
An absolute unit
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

We are off to Stirling later as my wife is running the Ochil Ultra. I saw the story that there might be a problem down the line so I expect that will directly result in the usual arseholes jamming roads.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

No doubt a minor issue blown up by the media and thus causing a run on the pumps. Thankfully I've got enough in my car to get me home and then probably I'll be at home all next week.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Filled up Wednesday night - no issues/queues.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

No issues at all. Did you really see queues for miles causing mayhem, Broccers?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

We went out for dinner at 6 on leaving at 730 there was a huge queue around the corner for fuel - they had a marshal directing traffic.

Sorry I didnt get a picture so I was more believable - videoing when driving after 7 pints is never a good idea :lol:
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Another Brexit bonus - shame we can't run our cars on Sovrinty.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Delphi wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:59 am Another Brexit bonus - shame we can't run our cars on Sovrinty.
Of course there is no hgv driver shortage in the eu either. #Fact :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:56 am We went out for dinner at 6 on leaving at 730 there was a huge queue around the corner for fuel - they had a marshal directing traffic.

Sorry I didnt get a picture so I was more believable - videoing when driving after 7 pints is never a good idea :lol:
Miles, then :lol: Stop trying to be a shock jock.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:03 am
Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:56 am We went out for dinner at 6 on leaving at 730 there was a huge queue around the corner for fuel - they had a marshal directing traffic.

Miles, then :lol: Stop trying to be a shock jock.
Figure of speech Simon but you knew that. Stop being a cunt. Thanks.

Anyway back on topic....
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Saw this thread so nipped out this morning - No regular diesel in the local BP, Shell or Total so I filled with "Ultimate" Diesel...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Broccers wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:01 am
Delphi wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:59 am Another Brexit bonus - shame we can't run our cars on Sovrinty.
Not saying there isn't, but they're not having petrol stations closed through lack of drivers are they? Also a recent survey of people in the industry cited the top 3 reasons for the crisis as Brexit and drivers retiring joint first followed by the recent IR35 rule changes. #Fact
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

What did the Iceland guy say on PoV last night 120k shortage in Poland and 60k shortage in Germany?

Even if they are paying better wages in the UK (my mate who has HGV1 but hates the job for all the reasons cited by the Iceland guy told me they are offering £40p/h currently to entice people) due to the shortages in their home countries the wages will also be going up so why would you leave your family to go and work 2000 miles away when you could earn similar money and be home with them most nights?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

https://twitter.com/search?q=petrol%20s ... ery&f=live

Hope the naysayers get stranded :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It has made me think twice about going out on the bike tho. It only does about 100 miles before you're needing to top up.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Delphi wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:15 am
Not saying there isn't, but they're not having petrol stations closed through lack of drivers are they? Also a recent survey of people in the industry cited the top 3 reasons for the crisis as Brexit and drivers retiring joint first followed by the recent IR35 rule changes. #Fact
It's massively more complex than that - even the Guardian doesn't place it entirely at the door of Brexit. Just that Brexit is one of the factors that's finally shone a light on the fundamental issues in the industry. And other industries as well.

The bit I found interesting was the point about how drivers were ever increasingly from further east.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Delphi wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:15 am
As apposed to a large amount of good drivers leaving as the wages have been pushed so low they earn more money in Sainsbury’s. So that £5 overnight allowance didn’t really cut it.

Only 1 stayed in working for Shell, 2 other relatives quit about 5 years ago as they were getting paid less than years before after agencies were just too cheap to compete with. I think Tesco’s and M+S we’re well paid as they had their own drivers and trucks but I don’t know if that is nationwide.

I know my Cousin complained a lot as each year he earned less with less benefits.

The haulage industry caused this, not Brexit. It should be a skilled position transporting goods around the country, not cheapest wins at all costs. I’ll ask a friend how he sees it as he has been in since 2018 ish.

Dave!