Petrol the new toilet roll

duncs500

Re: Petrol the new toilet roll

Post by duncs500 »

First time I've tried to fill up since this unfolded, drove straight up to a pump, full tank, no bother.

Don't know what all the fuss is about. ;)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Had to put fuel in the hire car I had today. Went to three different petrol stations, all out of fuel.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Rural Galloway is fine, for what it’s worth. Rolled straight into Bladnoch petrol station, nae bother. Plenty of fuel to get me home from holiday, at least.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Carnage on the A30 in Hook this morning. We have two petrols stations directly opposite each other. The road was blocked in all directions by queueing traffic.
Left over crest; tightens.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Super unleaded only with us now, the guys there are saying people have "gone mad for the petrol".
Cheers,

Mike.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Brought the wife's car to work this morning as she couldn't find any petrol last night. I managed to get some by work, but Tesco still only have 95RON. No SUL or Diesel.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Still not great around here, took the ‘sud in today as it’s got a few commutes worth, can probably last until next weekend if I’m careful but will be on fumes in everything by then.

On the plus side, seems to be a lot less traffic on the roads 😂
Cheers, Harry
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Everyone is travelling at 50mph around here, I’m the fastest thing in the area in the Defender. It’s quite a fun feeling 😂

Dave!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I can only assume that all the panic buyers who don't do many miles are now putting a fiver a go in to keep their tanks brimmed! Surely that's the only way we've still got queues in places.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The local places here are getting fuel delivered and running out of stock within 8 hours again so most people must me using a rather significant amount for that to happen.
How about not having a sig at all?
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Driving to Doncaster later. Got enough diesel to get there (truck won't get there and back on a single tank and I have just under a full tank). I'll stop at the last couple of services on the way up there and pay the higher prices just so I have some ready for the return on Sunday evening. Living dangerously!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:15 pm I can only assume that all the panic buyers who don't do many miles are now putting a fiver a go in to keep their tanks brimmed! Surely that's the only way we've still got queues in places.
Or. All the non-dickheads that avoided the panic last week are now at the point of needing fuel. Hence there's a 2nd wave?

Or so I like to think having been twice this week :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:55 pm
duncs500 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:15 pm I can only assume that all the panic buyers who don't do many miles are now putting a fiver a go in to keep their tanks brimmed! Surely that's the only way we've still got queues in places.
Or. All the non-dickheads that avoided the panic last week are now at the point of needing fuel. Hence there's a 2nd wave?

Or so I like to think having been twice this week :lol:
:lol: True, but that would imply I guess that there really wasn't enough to go round. :?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’ve just been out. Camberley Tesco & Sainsbury’s both closed. Esso & Texaco in Yateley both closed. Shell in Sandhurst closed. Shell in Blackwater open, but with huge queue.

I’ve got enough to get to Leicestershire tomorrow but maybe not enough to get home too. Erk.
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:30 pm The local places here are getting fuel delivered and running out of stock within 8 hours again so most people must me using a rather significant amount for that to happen.
I think when only one of five stations in an area have fuel, that place runs out 5x as fast? Then another station is supplied the next day and the cycle repeats?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

After resisting being "One of them" for the last 9 days and the car beeping angrily* since Tuesday I queued at the local Waitrose for UL @ £1.43 which is 2p more than I balked at paying last week in Gaydon.

Commendably they had four staff out directing traffic so their queue didn't gridlock that entire end of the village. Chatting to them they predicted they would run dry again in a few hours.

So now brimmed it should be good to go until November :lol:

*Which brainwave in Renault decided turning OFF the range to empty readout once it was on reservce was a good idea?! :x
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

So annoying when cars’ range indicators do that.

@Sundayjumper does the Galaxie have a tow bar, and fuel in it…?
Left over crest; tightens.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’m sure most cars do that because the less petrol their is the less accurate the range predictions based on how you’re driving will be
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:22 pm I’m sure most cars do that because the less petrol their is the less accurate the range predictions based on how you’re driving will be
Plus if it goes blank most people are liekly to shit themselves and get some fuel in it asap ;)

They go a surprisingly long way though with that blank range display on...

I think it was mikethescan that once said that with every new car he gets, he takes a full jerry can and runs the car until it conks out so he knows how much "range" is left once the light comes on/range goes blank etc. Then fills from the jerry can.

Canny.
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

A family member killed the fuel pump on their Z4 doing that. They ran out of fuel, then were recovered to a petrol station, then the fuel pump died just as the AA left 😂
How about not having a sig at all?