Petrol the new toilet roll

Jimmy Choo

Re: Petrol the new toilet roll

Post by Jimmy Choo »

I read that the UK government are advertising for truck drivers in Australia at rates below the Australian minimum wage.

I've literally swallowed my own head with the excessive belming.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

UL £2.68/l in Chelsea...when they have any; https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... 1620668019
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Petrol station at the bottom of my road was deserted earlier despite having plenty of fuel and not putting their prices up.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I don’t know what’s worse, paying £2.68 a litre for fuel or £600 for a shit steak at Nusr Et. Won’t someone think of the Londoners 😭
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Saw some full-on craziness at the local Gulf station earlier. The station had barriers at the entrance to suggest it was closed, however they actually had fuel on a couple of the pumps, a little bit of unleaded and a couple of diesel. I was there using the jet wash in a nice peaceful, quiet petrol station when people began to realise there was fuel. Within a few minutes, there was a queue out of the station and in both directions, blocking the main road. Because there was only two pumps in action, the queue wasn't moving, so people were getting angry, lorries were sitting on their horns and there was some random shouting.

In what was a pure Hollywood moment, the dude at the front, who had just used the one remaining unleaded pump managed to drive away while the nozzle was still in his fucking car :shock: :shock: :shock: . I heard a load metallic twang and a slap, looked around and saw him driving across the forecourt while the remainder of the hose fell onto the ground. I wasn't sure whether to go closer to look or hide :lol: . There's clearly some kind of failsafe valve as the hose was just laying there, with no nozzle, and just a slight dribble of fuel had come out. Meanwhile the queue was getting even more angry, while unleaded was now off the menu. This part of East London is completely mental.

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The pumps have to be enabled on the in store tills, and there’s vents to prevent syphoning in that situation, but that’s really dodgy. Think the police might need to have a word with him about due care and attention
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

lol at those two cars on the roundabout thinking anyone is going to let them in.
Left over crest; tightens.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gavster wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:09 pm Saw some full-on craziness at the local Gulf station earlier. The station had barriers at the entrance to suggest it was closed, however they actually had fuel on a couple of the pumps, a little bit of unleaded and a couple of diesel. I was there using the jet wash in a nice peaceful, quiet petrol station when people began to realise there was fuel. Within a few minutes, there was a queue out of the station and in both directions, blocking the main road. Because there was only two pumps in action, the queue wasn't moving, so people were getting angry, lorries were sitting on their horns and there was some random shouting.

In what was a pure Hollywood moment, the dude at the front, who had just used the one remaining unleaded pump managed to drive away while the nozzle was still in his fucking car :shock: :shock: :shock: . I heard a load metallic twang and a slap, looked around and saw him driving across the forecourt while the remainder of the hose fell onto the ground. I wasn't sure whether to go closer to look or hide :lol: . There's clearly some kind of failsafe valve as the hose was just laying there, with no nozzle, and just a slight dribble of fuel had come out. Meanwhile the queue was getting even more angry, while unleaded was now off the menu. This part of East London is completely mental.

I bet he was popular :lol: :lol:
John

Post by John »

Quite a few years ago my friend was using a petrol pump to fill the tank on his Renault 5 turbo. He was stretching the hose as he was filling up on the “wrong” side and without warning the hose came away from the nozzle leaving him with the nozzle in one hand and the hose in the other. The pump didn’t stop pumping fuel until the assistant pressed something that killed all the power to the whole petrol station, lights and all the pumps went off. That was a scary few seconds as the petrol sprayed about all over the floor/car :shock:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

John wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:20 am Quite a few years ago my friend was using a petrol pump to fill the tank on his Renault 5 turbo. He was stretching the hose as he was filling up on the “wrong” side and without warning the hose came away from the nozzle leaving him with the nozzle in one hand and the hose in the other. The pump didn’t stop pumping fuel until the assistant pressed something that killed all the power to the whole petrol station, lights and all the pumps went off. That was a scary few seconds as the petrol sprayed about all over the floor/car :shock:
When I worked in a petrol station the scariest I saw was someone going to fill a motorbike- previous person didn’t get the dregs out the nozzle so when he picked up the pump it came out over the bike and the hot engine, and immediately ignited
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I didn’t realise we’re back to this shit again 🙄
Went to 5 petrol stations and 3 were shut, 1 had no diesel and the last one had queues longer than those shown in Ukraine. Ffs.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Completely as usual up here.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Made it to Surrey which is ok, although the first petrol station off the M25 had a queue about half a mile long! I think the problem is just in Kent but it may not be long before the retarded news here starts to spread panic and make it a full on problem.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Completely usual except for the fact it's pushing over £1.50/l
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

No issues filling up in my part of Kent a few days ago, well except paying £1.489/l for normal petrol. Hurt seeing it run over £100 to fill up a 65(ish) litre tank.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

One supermarket here was out, everywhere else ok afaik. I've expected a few things to be short for a bit because of the road closures caused by the storms (e.g. the bridge at Dartford was closed for something like three days) but haven't noticed anything.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The summer is coming, it’ll be back to buying rapeseed oil for the Landy again 😂

Dave!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

£1.43 at Tesco in Leeds yesterday and barely anyone there 😂
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^ ! I think the cheapest here atm is £1.47; Shell was at that a couple of days ago and is now £1.49 at one, £1.56 at the other. No V-Power at the first, didn't see at the second, a Shell on the A23 had it...at £1.669 :lol: :x I've still got half a tank, I'll wait for a restock at the local (We didn't burn him! We couldn't afford the petrol.).