X R idiots blocking roads

mik

Re: X R idiots blocking roads

Post by mik »

Control is coming.

EV only from 2030.

Govt controls (ie rations) supply to home chargers to force people out of their cars.

Planet saved.

Lentil party.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

XR are dafties playing at revolutionaries.

Direct action only works when it's targeting the right people, annoying commuters isn't targeting the right people.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:01 am XR are dafties playing at revolutionaries.

Direct action only works when it's targeting the right people, annoying commuters isn't targeting the right people.
One of the senior ones was on Politics UK last week, and when it was put to her that their actions were actually more likely damaging the cause, in terms of getting people on-side to their message, she both disagreed and seemed to not give a crap.

Fecking dumbasses. Whenever they go on these topical affairs programmes they consistently show themselves up as thick feckers.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, they seem more interested in making the news than effecting any sort of change.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I think they see that as the point - cause mayhem to get into the news to keep the issue on the agenda...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Cause mayhem, put peoples backs up, lose support. Total fail.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:56 am I think they see that as the point - cause mayhem to get into the news to keep the issue on the agenda...
Here's the thing, handcuffing yourself to the front desk at shell's offices or to the gates of a refinery is good direct action. Waste Shell's time, cost them money and get press for your cause.

Holding up traffic is bad direct action. Increase congestion and pollution that goes with it also aggravate average people making them less likely to be interested in what you're saying.

You've got to pick your targets.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I suppose they believe that they need to force the rest of us into action and enough of these sorts of interventions will result in "the People" trying to get the government to change, and not "The People" trying to get the government to stop these protests...

Whether it's Climate Change protesters or Animal Rights Activists etc, they always feel they have right on their side and that justifies their actions, no matter what those actions are.

Funny thing is that it's Top News on the Daily Mail website and features prominently on ITV News and Sky New's sites as an "outrage" story but isn't mentioned at all on the Guardian or BBC news, presumably for fear of alienating their core left leaning readership...
Last edited by dinny_g on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
tim

Post by tim »

Some while back in a local village (Long Stratton for the locals) which is a notorious traffic bottleneck on a major route in and out of the county, some morons decided to protest about the lack of a bypass by continually pressing the button on the one ped crossing and walking back and forth for 2 hours through peak morning rush hour(s). It caused absolute mayhem for the people who would directly benefit from a bypass and whom might support their cause.

The stupidity was off the scale. I got a letter in the paper about it :)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

You'd hope if you were on a vital delivery job Tim, they'd let you through...

(You still do that yeah ?)
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

dinny_g wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:49 pm I suppose they believe that they need to force the rest of us into action and enough of these sorts of interventions will result in "the People" trying to get the government to change, and not "The People" trying to get the government to stop these protests...

Whether it's Climate Change protesters or Animal Rights Activists etc, they always feel they have right on their side and that justifies their actions, no matter what those actions are.

Funny thing is that it's Top News on the Daily Mail website and features prominently on ITV News and Sky New's sites as an "outrage" story but isn't mentioned at all on the Guardian or BBC news, presumably for fear of alienating their core left leaning readership...
Nah I don't think it's that. Most of the people I talk to think XR are dumbasses too :lol:
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Well they actually ran across a live section of the M25 today so maybe you could legitimately run them over Broccers…
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

They wrote to the highways agency asking them to lower the speed limits on sections of the motorways to 'keep the protestors safe'.

There isn't a big enough facepalm in the world to explain how I feel.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:34 am Well they actually ran across a live section of the M25 today so maybe you could legitimately run them over Broccers…
These ones nearly did get squished by a lorry or two. Close one. At least from hospital (or worse) then wont be doing it again.

They were doing the rounds on media yesterday. Apparently intelligent individuals :lol:
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:20 pm Water cannons.

Dave!
Bloody need it too, the ones next door to us freely admit to not washing because water init.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Is the use still ‘banned’ in England??
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:45 am

Dave!
Bloody need it too, the ones next door to us freely admit to not washing because water init.
Jeremy vine was on about this on radio 2- apparently we should only wash our jeans once a year and freeze them when we’re not wearing them…… :roll:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

jamcg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:55 am
Zonda_ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:45 am

Dave!
Jeremy vine was on about this on radio 2- apparently we should only wash our jeans once a year and freeze them when we’re not wearing them…… :roll:
ah yes, in the naturally occurring freezer in every house.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I don’t know what it’s like elsewhere in the country but despite their many failings, south Kesteven council have insulated absolutely loads of homes and made them look far better because of it.

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:04 am I don’t know what it’s like elsewhere in the country but despite their many failings, south Kesteven council have insulated absolutely loads of homes and made them look far better because of it.

Dave!
And how many claims have since been submitted for removal due to damp issues?

Some of those insulation contractors have done very well out of it all, as they also now happen to be extraction contractors as well.