X R idiots blocking roads

V8Granite

Re: X R idiots blocking roads

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:54 am
V8Granite wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:04 am I don’t know what it’s like elsewhere in the country but despite their many failings, south Kesteven council have insulated absolutely loads of homes and made them look far better because of it.

Dave!
And how many claims have since been submitted for removal due to damp issues?

Some of those insulation contractors have done very well out of it all, as they also now happen to be extraction contractors as well.
I only speak to 1 neighbour who had it done and they’re really happy. New roofs fitted and cladding stuck to the outside and then rendered. They have only been done about 2 years.

These are 1950s ex council semis that haven’t had cavity wall insulation. Some privately owned ones may have had it done though.

Dave!
Simon

Post by Simon »

I had my last house insulated for free under the last government drive back in 2015 or so. It did improve my heating costs etc.

However, my current house is timber framed so can't have cavity wall insulation, which is a shame.

My parents don't even have a double skin on their 1930's place.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

Simon wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:15 am
My parents don't even have a double skin on their 1930's place.
We had someone come and look at a previous place which was made 1933 - there was a gap but only around 25mm, which was apparently insufficient to allow cavity foam to be injected properly.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:20 am
jamcg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:55 am
Zonda_ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:45 am

Bloody need it too, the ones next door to us freely admit to not washing because water init.
Jeremy vine was on about this on radio 2- apparently we should only wash our jeans once a year and freeze them when we’re not wearing them…… :roll:
ah yes, in the naturally occurring freezer in every house.
They should freeze that cunt and let him out once a year. Massive bellend that he is.
GG.

Post by GG. »

McSwede wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:27 pm They should freeze that cunt and let him out once a year. Massive bellend that he is.
Pfft -- once annually is way too generous. :lol:

He'd somehow still find a way to take helmet cam footage from the inside of a chest freezer and tweet it claiming the bernard matthew turkey twizzlers were cutting him up at junctions.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:08 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:54 am
V8Granite wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:04 am I don’t know what it’s like elsewhere in the country but despite their many failings, south Kesteven council have insulated absolutely loads of homes and made them look far better because of it.

Dave!
And how many claims have since been submitted for removal due to damp issues?

Some of those insulation contractors have done very well out of it all, as they also now happen to be extraction contractors as well.
I only speak to 1 neighbour who had it done and they’re really happy. New roofs fitted and cladding stuck to the outside and then rendered. They have only been done about 2 years.

These are 1950s ex council semis that haven’t had cavity wall insulation. Some privately owned ones may have had it done though.

Dave!
The main issues seem to occur (AFAIK) with the stuff that's blown into the cavity. If it's not done correctly you've just created the perfect environment for damp issues to arise as the material enables moisture to travel from outer to inner skin.

We had it done at our last place under the Gov't scheme, and it was the blown-in stuff. I've no idea if there have any been any issues since as we move not long thereafter. But I wouldn't have it done again. We also didn't see any benefit in the bills, oddly.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

We checked ours DIDN’T have it when we moved in.

Luckily the builders used our house to put all the spare rubble in so no room or cavity at all 😎…… oh

Dave!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

V8Granite wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 pm We checked ours DIDN’T have it when we moved in.

Luckily the builders used our house to put all the spare rubble in so no room or cavity at all 😎…… oh

Dave!
"Oh" indeed! :lol:
Simon

Post by Simon »

Worth watching to the end to see the arrogant hypocritical idiot (who couldn't answer a straight question) storm off.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:32 pm
V8Granite wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:30 pm We checked ours DIDN’T have it when we moved in.

Dave!
"Oh" indeed! :lol:
To be fair to it the house has no damp anywhere in any weather, but it’s probably trying bloody hard to get some :lol:

Dave!
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Simon wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:52 pm

Worth watching to the end to see the arrogant hypocritical idiot (who couldn't answer a straight question) storm off.
Madeley has been tearing them a new one since last week. Pretty funny 😂
Simon

Post by Simon »

I see the silly cunts are blocking Dover today and the silly cunts in the police are standing round doing fuck all about it.

This shit will turn violent soon and I welcome it. Wanna see some sandal wearers getting a shoeing at the hands of 100+ lorry drivers. I'm done with these fucking morons.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

"We need a Churchillian response". Bomb Dresden?
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

That's the first bit of 'current affairs' TV I've watched from Britain in ages - is that really the level of mouth breathing stupidity that it's all come to?

FFS. :lol:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

They came back to the same junction later on; https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/n ... in-254790/
Beany

Post by Beany »

The High Court injunction obtained by the government on September 22 means anyone blocking the motorway could be found to be in contempt of court, which carries a maximum penalty of two years in prison or an unlimited fine.

But protesters have continued to defy the message and stage more protests despite the threat of court action.
So, do them for contempt of court, fasttrack it, give them 12 month sentences and a £50k fine.

I imagine the very real threat of six months in chokey (half term for presumably good behaviour), bankruptcy (to pay the fine), and a criminal record so limited job prospects will make many of them rethink their life choices.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Apart from anything else, if you want to exact change, inconvenience and disrupt the actual MPs in their homes, not joe public and national infrastructure. Those selfish narcassistic pricks will push to pass legislation to make insulation cheaper and easier before the years out if people glue themselves to their driveways....