I don’t have Instagram....

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: I don’t have Instagram....

Post by Jobbo »

DaveE wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:27 pm
As the judge said: "He had a tendency to make impressive statements, which on further investigation or consideration were not quite what they seemed."
You can say the same about almost any CEO though

Unbridled optimism + unerring confidence = proclamation of amazing things just about to come true (that rarely do)
I don’t think judges tend to comment on most CEOs. Only those who end up in front of them.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:16 pm
Gavster wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:54 pm Unless you've been involved in behind-the-scenes discussions between OMG and Mr Storey, then you're simply gossiping based on what you've seen on social media and are not in a very good position to pass any kind of balanced judgement over OMG's decisions.
Defend him all you like - he's a con man with a well publicised history of bullshit.

As the judge said: "He had a tendency to make impressive statements, which on further investigation or consideration were not quite what they seemed."

Alex Gardner was aware of his history, so is either a terrible judge of character, stupid or in on it.
You're getting confused Rich, I'm not defending Mr Storey, he's clearly a liar and conman. You might want to go back and re-read my posts. I am defending OMG's decision, whilst saying that Mr. Storey is an unscrupulous nobhead.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavster wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:35 pm
Rich B wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:16 pm
Gavster wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:54 pm Unless you've been involved in behind-the-scenes discussions between OMG and Mr Storey, then you're simply gossiping based on what you've seen on social media and are not in a very good position to pass any kind of balanced judgement over OMG's decisions.
Defend him all you like - he's a con man with a well publicised history of bullshit.

Alex Gardner was aware of his history, so is either a terrible judge of character, stupid or in on it.
You're getting confused Rich, I'm not defending Mr Storey, he's clearly a liar and conman. You might want to go back and re-read my posts. I am defending OMG's decision, whilst saying that Mr. Storey is an unscrupulous nobhead.
turns out it’s got even juicier over the last 24hours anyway - Rich OMG, OMG Racing and Rich Energy are all in a twisted web of bullshit - it’s hilarious!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

John Hogan's interview with William (Rich) is hilarious. Check it out on twitter.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:49 pm John Hogan's interview with William (Rich) is hilarious. Check it out on twitter.
yeah, I’ve been reading it all as it’s coming out - it’s great! The OMG Racing response makes it even funnier. They’re all shady as fuck though!
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I would let him sponsor a team I ran too, as long as it's 99% up front with a 1% payment later on.:lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Well, links..!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:14 pmWell, links..!

https://www.superbike.co.uk/article/ric ... iam-storey
Beany

Post by Beany »

Christ, I think I need a flow chart.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The only flow chart of relevance:

Regardless of whether storey is involved, will this sponsorship say rich energy?

No- crack on

Yes- don’t do it
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Nothing to do with the actual issues, but Here's a fun one to start with... I enjoy taking the piss out of Will...

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:lol:

Be careful, he might try and hijack the Rich B empire :shock:
Beany

Post by Beany »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:10 pm Nothing to do with the actual issues, but Here's a fun one to start with... I enjoy taking the piss out of Will...

Reminds me of Neb in his E34 M5 ;)
mik

Post by mik »

I have just seen him referred to a William Storey Teller. 😂
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Just read this interview with Alan Gardner of OMG Racing: https://www.superbike.co.uk/article/omg ... an-gardner

Raises more questions than it answers, I'd say.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Comedy isn't it!

I like the way they reference hundreds of thousands of cans sold that year as fulfilling their contract. redbull sell 850,000 cans every hour.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:28 am Comedy isn't it!

I like the way they reference hundreds of thousands of cans sold that year as fulfilling their contract. redbull sell 850,000 cans every hour.
That hundreds of thousands comment seems inconsistent with an earlier reply:

JH: So do you know approximately how many cans you’ve sold this year to date?
AG: Oh, not a lot at all, because of the marketplace. I don’t deal with that side of the business day to day and genuinely don’t have a figure.

If he didn't have a figure but he knew it was hundreds of thousands, surely he'd have said so? I suspect it's not even in the tens of thousands.

The exchange of tweets remains completely opaque too; if the deal to brand the team with Rich Energy logos was solely due to the Rich OMG Limited distribution deal, what was Storey's tweet about? It said that the whole agreement was at an end, but if there never was an agreement with the relevant Rich Energy entity (as asserted in the interview), how can it have come to an end?
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

I pretty much disregard anything WS says as bullshit, but he has to actually believe he's sacked someone here or he wouldnt have made such a public declaration - the guy is a moron and a total crook (and from what I've seen, Gardner is far from trustworthy in the eyes of the law...)
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I agree - even total bullshitters usually have some sort of tenuous basis (in their own mind) for what they say.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

https://wtf1.com/post/steiner-gives-sas ... AKHvq_hxpI

Gunter Steiners comment on it

“I read [about] it because I saw it. It’s like, here we go again. That was my only comment. Here we go again.

“I don’t know how much money this guy’s got, but at least we got something in the end. It was quite obvious what is happening, so was I surprised? No.”

When asked if he had any advice on the matter, he quipped back, “I’m not advising on that!”