I don’t have Instagram....

240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Re: I don’t have Instagram....

Post by 240PP »

I mainly use Instagram now. Don’t follow many actual friends on there, I use it mainly for stuff I’m interested in.

Hardly use FB anymore. Never had a Twitter account, it looks like a nightmare to use/read (was it JL that said it’s like a load of strangers texting eachother or something?)
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

Instagram is the main one I use. I've got two accounts... One was more of a personal account just to post random stuff that friends and family see. The other is a place for my photography. Didn't want to spam it to people I knew but wanted somewhere to share them.

I have FB, don't use it, other than the messenger app as some of my mates use that. I have twitter, but barely look at it. Although I've been looking at it a little more this week to follow football transfer news (which has been a bit mental).

Does WhatsApp count as a social media? Thought it was a messaging app. I do use it to speak to other mates that prefer that.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I don't have IG, it is apparently because I am too old. (so says y 13 y/o daughter anyway).

I do have Twitter but I think I have only once actually tweeted. I do like seeing threads shared to other platforms, where some nobber like Lozza Fox gets his arse handed to him though.

I have Facebook which is good for groups and how I found all my biorelis which is cool, but it can become a depressing echo chamber at times.
dan

Post by dan »

Its surely not still cool to tell people you don't use social media?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

dan wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:27 pm Its surely not still cool to tell people you don't use social media?
Amongst nearly 50yr old men, apparently so :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

A bit like telling people they shouldn’t like soft drinks.

This is a strange place at times 🤣
Cheers, Harry
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:25 pm A bit like telling people they shouldn’t like soft drinks.

This is a strange place at times 🤣
Sneering at people for using things you (general you, not Ian) don't. Strange. Insta is great.
Simon

Post by Simon »

I have Twitter for arguing, FB for stalking and keeping in touch with old friends, and Insta mainly to see pictures and videos of my son that my wife posts but never shows me directly.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

dan wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:27 pm Its surely not still cool to tell people you don't use social media?
I don't even have a mobile phone. How cool is that?
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

Twitter for science - sharing papers, debating results, seeing what the best bits of conferences I haven't bothered to attend are.
FB for friends - old uni mates etc that I otherwise would have lost touch with
Linkedin for... well I'm not sure but everyone else was doing it
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

I think the most used SM app on my phone is Twitter; great for me following sports and other interests. However the most used app for me must be Youtube, and is partly responsible for me having 3+ years of unread EVO magazines. I used to bring a copy of EVO to work and would read it during downtime / break, but not for a long while now. :?

FB I'm using it more now than before. Used to use its messenger app also but Whatsapp took over long ago.

Instagram, I don't take enough photos to bother about it, but I have just downloaded it on to my phone :o
scotta

Post by scotta »

I have all of the above...I even have Snapchat and TikTok...innit.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I've got everything, Twitter a little bit and TikTok for work, where I've hit up to 2.3million views in a month when I was actively posting. Having a break from it right now, because as much fun as it is, it doesn't easily pay the bills :lol:

Facebook and Insta have become largely personal and just for catching up with other people's lives.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

I now have Instagram.

Shop working on my car has posted a few photos there so I got curious. :D

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

ZedLeg wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:53 am I'm only on Twitter just now

I closed down my social media a wee while ago when I was having a bad time and Twitter is the only one I've gone back to.
Of all the ones to stick with you choose the cesspit that is Twitter? :lol: You really are a nailed on masochist ;)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:50 am

I closed down my social media a wee while ago when I was having a bad time and Twitter is the only one I've gone back to.
Of all the ones to stick with you choose the cesspit that is Twitter? :lol: You really are a nailed on masochist ;)
Yeah twitter in absolutely going to make you angry in a short space of time :lol:

Glad @Coaster1 now has Insta :D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Nah Twitter’s fine if you block the terrible people.
An absolute unit
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Totally agree, Twitter is a burning bin fire, why would you choose it as the only one? :lol:

I can guarantee that within 10 seconds of logging on, I'll be viewing angry, bitter, resentful people complaining or bitching about something. I avoid the platform specifically to benefit my mental health :D
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

ZedLeg wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:25 am

Nah Twitter’s fine if you block the terrible people.
There'd be no-one left except you :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Like it just depends on how you use it. My other SM accounts were more personal whereas I don’t really post anything outside of the subjects I follow on Twitter. It’s fine to use if you keep a bit of distance.
An absolute unit