FarmerOwned

mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Re: FarmerOwned

Post by mikeyb »

Well I'm sure that could've been resolved in a more amicable manner :)

There's been a lot of issues over bad/inconsiderate parking in the Lakes during the last few weeks. Some of it resulting in emergency vehicles not being able to get through. There was one case of people letting themselves into farmer's fields to park, resulting in the farmer going in with a muck spreader and covering the cars in shit :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:34 am
DaveE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:19 am
If the guy was parked on private property, the farmer should have called the police, and got him moved.

Lol.

If you could get anyone out you’d be lucky to see them within 24h

Even then what will they do? It’s private property they’ll probably tell the farmer to arrange his own removal with a private recovery firm and bill the car owner.
The police wouldn't come out for a parked car - there's no crime. They might well have attended after this though.

Three cnuts involved here: the twat who parked the car, the farmer who rolled it over and Jeremy Fking Vine.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

RobYob wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:51 am Apparently it was near Barnard Castle so there are reliable eyewitness accounts.
:lol: - very good...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

mikeyb wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:25 pm There was one case of people letting themselves into farmer's fields to park, resulting in the farmer going in with a muck spreader and covering the cars in shit :lol:
https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/poll-was-far ... parked-car
John

Post by John »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:43 am
ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:36 am If we fucked around on farmers land where I grew up we could expect one warning shot to clear off before things got serious :lol:
It was always quoted that the farmers used salt cartridges in their shotguns if they caught you. No idea if there was any truth in that, but if one of the group reckoned they had spotted the farmer….. you ran like fvck. :shock:
I might be remembering incorrectly but I think the farmer local to us used rice, dry obviously ;)
Simon

Post by Simon »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:26 pm
If the guy was parked on private property, the farmer should have called the police, and got him moved.

Lol.

Even then what will they do? It’s private property they’ll probably tell the farmer to arrange his own removal with a private recovery firm and bill the car owner.
The police wouldn't come out for a parked car - there's no crime. They might well have attended after this though.

Three cnuts involved here: the twat who parked the car, the farmer who rolled it over and Jeremy Fking Vine.
:D :D :D :D
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Muck spread - no problem
Rolling car over and nearly taking out wanker with forks - problem
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

He will get done no doubt as the law is on the side of the feckless. A go fund me should help him out with no claim on insurance. I bet 90 percent of people agree this was reasonable against a yobbo with a phone who met his match.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I suspect the outcome of this in the courts will be a good example of why power fantasies should remain fantasies.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

This is the one I was thinking of from 3 years ago now! https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1674 ... g-cumbria/
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I think he'd have been fine if he stayed on his own land and tipped the car onto the road that way. That fact he's on the carriageway when he twats the guy with the boom will mean he's in the shit. No doubt the shirtless guy will get compensation too for a hurty arm.
Cheers.

Gwaredd
drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Jobbo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:26 pm

Lol.

Truth spoken. Bellend for parking where he did and not moving it when asked, Farmer for massively over reacting and Jeremy Vine for just being Jeremy Vine.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Lol.

We’ve had this discussion with regards to work property. Police will tell you it’s a civil matter and to contact your council
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:33 pm Muck spread - no problem
Rolling car over and nearly taking out wanker with forks - problem
This.

I too grew up around grumpy farmers (and they are all grumpy which is surprising because most of them are quite wealthy!), so I know you keep out of their way. :-)

However, this farmer went a bit too far and will no doubt pay the price.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

The funny thing is that if you work with farmers you realise that they think all the crazy intimidating shit they do is hilarious :lol:
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

Possibly more info, and a higher-res version of the vid. It looks like he is hit rather than falling over (?)

Simon

Post by Simon »

The police will come out if they are obstructing someone from leaving their own property - I've spoken to my own force about this issue as eejits keep blocking my parents drive meaning they can't get out.

However, there is no way the guy is legally 'ok' if he damaged the car, period. Doesn't matter whether it's on his land or not.

Whether he was morally justifiable in light of the above comments is another matter.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
scotta

Post by scotta »

There’s a longer version on a Facebook group. Only by a few seconds after the boys in blue have arrived. The shirtless one then moons the camera man.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

The amount of utterly inconsiderate and in many cases dangerous parking of cars blocking farm access, emergency vehicle access round these parts and anything which is vaguely a "beauty spot" has been ridiculous this past while. People just don't give a fvck.
Cheers,

Mike.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

mik wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:11 pm
mikeyb wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:25 pm There was one case of people letting themselves into farmer's fields to park, resulting in the farmer going in with a muck spreader and covering the cars in shit :lol:
https://www.fwi.co.uk/news/poll-was-far ... parked-car
Now I feel stupid - I swear I recall it happening oop north but I was thinking of the article above when I made my comment :? :lol: