FarmerOwned

scotta

FarmerOwned

Post by scotta »

Theres obviously a back story going on here thats not shown but fvck me this guys not pissing about.

ZedLeg

Re: FarmerOwned

Post by ZedLeg »

All the folk in the comments talking about the farmer being charged have clearly never met country police :lol:.

Man "A farmer just destroyed my car and hit me with a forklift"

Police "aye, old tam doesn't like it when folk block his access road. I'll nip round and have a word."
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Good work
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

While the response is a little excessive, you can guarantee he asked shirtless lad to move it and was told "Fuck off - I'll move it when I'm good and ready"

Farmer will ultimately pay a heavy price but I love the "Falling Down" levels of anger... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Farmer unable to tend to his livestock vs piece of tin ?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Good on the farmer.

Dave!
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I think that's utterly unacceptable behaviour by the farmer.

He could be in serious trouble, not for moving the car, but because he appears to hit the guy with the forklift.

That could be a serious assault/attempted "harm" - or whatever it is in law.

If the guy was parked on private property, the farmer should have called the police, and got him moved.

Taking matter into your own hands like that isn't in any way acceptable.
Beany

Post by Beany »

I half agree with DaveE (particular regarding smacking the guy with a telehandler - that's very easily fucking deadly given the weight/speed/hard edges) but on the flipside, if the guy has parked up blocking the exit, has removed to move, and the farmer needs to be somewhere for any reason at all, then I beleive he's within his rights to remove the blockage from his property. safely and without damage....

I think tipping the fecking thing over with a telehandler is probably going a bit far though.

I forsee a custodial sentence in the farmers future, and it may not be a short one.

Edit - the telehandler, with the right attachment, could probably have moved the car with minimal damage. Be a pissed off owner and a few hundred quid of paint repair to cover but he'd not be looking at a list of fairly serious criminal charges coming his way.

Anyone been able to find the backstory to this, by the way?
Last edited by Beany on Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

DaveE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:19 am I think that's utterly unacceptable behaviour by the farmer.

He could be in serious trouble, not for moving the car, but because he appears to hit the guy with the forklift.

That could be a serious assault/attempted "harm" - or whatever it is in law.

If the guy was parked on private property, the farmer should have called the police, and got him moved.

Taking matter into your own hands like that isn't in any way acceptable.
This is why the country is in the state its in. Maybe thats just the country bumpkin in me but being brought up in derbyshire 30 plus years ago it would be acceptable. However the person parked there would have apologised and moved the car in the first place.
mik

Post by mik »

Wow - pair of wonkers spotted in the countryside.

Car bloke has very clearly told farmer to FO when asked/told to move it.

Farmer was within his rights to clear his access, but flipping the car onto its side was probably a smidgeypooy excessive.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

He doesn’t actually hit him with the forks, the bloke trips over while trying to get out of the way as it swings round.

I’d class it as his own stupid fault for being that close to a farmer in a rage in a piece of heavy machinery with big spiky bits of metal sticking out.
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

DaveE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:19 am He could be in serious trouble, not for moving the car, but because he appears to hit the guy with the forklift.
Yeah, it's all a good laugh until someone has a limb torn off.

Whatever the reasons the tipping of the car is pretty funny and would've resulted in a fine or settlement. Arguably the shirtless douche shouldn't have been anywhere near working machinery but I bet the onus is on the operator to be safe around "pedestrians".
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

DaveE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:19 am

Lol.

If you could get anyone out you’d be lucky to see them within 24h

Even then what will they do? It’s private property they’ll probably tell the farmer to arrange his own removal with a private recovery firm and bill the car owner.
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

RobYob wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:33 am
DaveE wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:19 am He could be in serious trouble, not for moving the car, but because he appears to hit the guy with the forklift.
Yeah, it's all a good laugh until someone has a limb torn off.

Whatever the reasons the tipping of the car is pretty funny and would've resulted in a fine or settlement. Arguably the shirtless douche shouldn't have been anywhere near working machinery but I bet the onus is on the operator to be safe around "pedestrians".
I'm with Harry regarding the "hit" tbh, it doesn't look like he really hits him and the guy wasn't a pedestrian. He was actively attacking the machine.

Another country bumpkin though. If we fucked around on farmers land where I grew up we could expect one warning shot to clear off before things got serious :lol:
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:31 am
I’d class it as his own stupid fault for being that close to a farmer in a rage in a piece of heavy machinery with big spiky bits of metal sticking out.
He has to be that close to unleash his damaging kicks - one more and I reckon that telehandler would have been disabled. :geek:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Farmer is fucked. Over here we just stick a massive log over an entrance to avoid this. PITA but not much more you can do. You can't really move a car out the way without damaging it unless you have an assortment of tow hooks for every manufacturer. Lots of bullshit claims too now that everyone has free time with Covid. Had one claiming compensation due to scratching themselves jumping over barbed wire last year. Of course they couldn't work for 2 weeks due to the scratch and suffered psychological harm so the insurance paid out.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:36 am If we fucked around on farmers land where I grew up we could expect one warning shot to clear off before things got serious :lol:
It was always quoted that the farmers used salt cartridges in their shotguns if they caught you. No idea if there was any truth in that, but if one of the group reckoned they had spotted the farmer….. you ran like fvck. :shock:
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:42 am Had one claiming compensation due to scratching themselves jumping over barbed wire last year. Of course they couldn't work for 2 weeks due to the scratch and suffered psychological harm so the insurance paid out.
Did DaveE visit your place ;)

@mik too right, you don't mess with farmers.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Apparently it was near Barnard Castle so there are reliable eyewitness accounts.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

When cunts collide.

Whatever happened to the farmer that drove his tractor and trailer through that line of parked cars blocking his fields in the Lakes? Did he ever get done, or did the whole thing just quietly get forgotten about?