Re: Twitter steals Mockdiamonds concept

Post by ZedLeg »

Tradition isn’t a good reason :lol:
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:11 pm Tradition isn’t a good reason :lol:
Unless you're a frothing at the mouth flag shagger, of course.
Mark_bt52

Post by Mark_bt52 »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:47 pm
Broccers wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:07 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 pm

Nice casual racism there, Broccers.
How so ?
You can’t even see it? For the hard of thinking, calling a young black guy a ‘creature’ is pretty obviously derogatory and looks like a blatant reference to his ethnicity.
I swore never to get involved in stupid arguments on here again, but seriously, what planet were you on when you posted that Jobbo?
Nissan GT-R / Audi S4./ BMW 530d
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mark_bt52 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:13 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:47 pm
Broccers wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:07 pm

How so ?
You can’t even see it? For the hard of thinking, calling a young black guy a ‘creature’ is pretty obviously derogatory and looks like a blatant reference to his ethnicity.
I swore never to get involved in stupid arguments on here again, but seriously, what planet were you on when you posted that Jobbo?
Ah, you’re going to start talking about moles being black creatures - I see where this is leading...
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Beany wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:11 pm
ZedLeg wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:11 pm Tradition isn’t a good reason :lol:
Unless you're a frothing at the mouth flag shagger, of course.
The fact that the UK continues with centuries old traditions in this very modern world is what I love most about this country.

And the fact that new ones like the National Service of Remembrance etc will be around for centuries more because thats how Britain always has been and always will be.

Says an proud Irishman...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I agree with the sentiment, I don’t think this particular tradition is worth keeping a hold of though.

It’s ok to let some stuff go if it doesn’t make sense anymore.
An absolute unit
Simon

Post by Simon »

Sorry, nice guy or not, Fermi's 'Queen' rant is bonkers. She doesn't 'get involved in politics'. But she is our figurative head of state, signs law into action and invites a party to form a government. None of that is 'in politics', it's about the fact that she is just doing what the 'constitution' requires. She wouldn't sit and say to Boris 'no, I'm not going to sign to enact this law banning Jobbo from ever buying a car with a blue interior'. If he thinks the Queen gets involved in politics he, at the kindest, needs to do a bit more reading about how our country works.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

The Queen’s symbolic role is something Femi needs to understand - if she decided unilaterally to amend the Government’s plans then we’d quickly become a republic instead of a monarchy. All power stems from the monarch, but the monarch is now impotent.

Good distraction by Broccers though.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:06 pm I agree with the sentiment, I don’t think this particular tradition is worth keeping a hold of though.

Well you could say the same for many traditions, but lots of people still enjoy them. It's an irrelevance, but I'm struggling to see what harm it does. Very easy to ignore if you're not a fan of it. ;)
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:22 pm

Good distraction by Broccers though.
Just solid evidence that Feni is a total bell end. Got the point yet? Thought not. Nice swerve of Marks question tho. 👌
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

duncs500 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:44 am
ZedLeg wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:06 pm I agree with the sentiment, I don’t think this particular tradition is worth keeping a hold of though.

Well you could say the same for many traditions, but lots of people still enjoy them. It's an irrelevance, but I'm struggling to see what harm it does. Very easy to ignore if you're not a fan of it. ;)
Very true Duncs :lol:
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

If you think about yesterday, you have a centuries old tradition, led by a women, followed by a black man, dressed in centuries old uniforms.

The prefect combination of the old and the new. You can still apply what's right in 2021 to these things. They're not completely stuck in the past
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Nothing says progressive like getting a very privileged woman to announce measures that will disenfranchise voters and clamp down on the right to protest ;)
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:14 am Nothing says progressive like getting a very privileged woman to announce measures that will disenfranchise voters and clamp down on the right to protest ;)
I’d say she has worked very hard for all her privilege, a little bit of tradition is a great thing as forgetting the past just let’s mistakes happen again and again.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

You only forget history if you don't teach people about it. It's like the thing with the statues, people acted like there was no other way for people to learn about the country's history than to have bronze effigies of terrible people all over the place :lol:.
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The statues were of their time and should never be removed.

Stuff we do now will look terrible when my kids are older I have no doubt.

Dave!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

V8Granite wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:28 am I’d say she has worked very hard for all her privilege
Agreed!

Careful Zed, you're at risk of turning into the board's left wing Broccers... ;) :D
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Hardly, I'll explain any of my half baked opinions if someone asks me to :lol:
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:

Edit - re-reading your post, you mean the Queen's very privileged, not Sarah Clarke, right ?? :lol: Sight misinterpretation on my part
mik

Post by mik »

Well this has become a diverse thread. 🤔

We need to do some forum polls on the royal family.....