Twitter steals Mockdiamonds concept

Broccers

Re: Twitter steals Mockdiamonds concept

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:50 pm Got a plausible reason why you referred to him as a ‘creature’ yet? You’ve had plenty of time to think of one.

Imagine Boris saying it and see if it sounds ok.
Come up with a reason you mentioned black people? Thought not.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Because the man you referred to as a creature is black. You can’t fail to notice that; you’re clearly aware of him 😂

What did you have for dinner tonight? Gammon and chips?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:51 pm I expect the next defence will be something along the lines of "I have loads of black friends and none of them would take offence..."
Too obvious that Ricardo
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 pm Because the man you referred to as a creature is black. You can’t fail to notice that; you’re clearly aware of him 😂

To be fair when I first encountered his terrible views they were on the radio so I'd no Idea what colour he was.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

You don’t agree with his views - I could have anticipated that, since he is outspoken, reasonable and argues with Julia Hartley-Brewer.

Why did you describe him as a creature?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:56 pm You don’t agree with his views - I could have anticipated that, since he is outspoken, reasonable and argues with Julia Hartley-Brewer.

Why did you describe him as a creature?
Why not? Why did you think of black?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

He is black, that’s a fact not my opinion. What sort of creature is he in your view? Referring to a human as a creature is clearly intended to put them down. Unfortunate references to making monkey noises at black people come to mind, but I’m sure you didn’t mean that.

You’re yet to explain what you did mean though.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:00 pm He is black, that’s a fact not my opinion. What sort of creature is he in your view? Referring to a human as a creature is clearly intended to put them down. Unfortunate references to making monkey noises at black people come to mind, but I’m sure you didn’t mean that.

You’re yet to explain what you did mean though.
So what if he's black? You're digging now. Check the various uses of the word creature in language and nowhere will you find it as a racist slur that was in your own head.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I’m not digging at all; my point, which I’ve repeated quite a few times to explain it to you, hasn’t changed at all.

You seem to be dodging the question.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:04 pm I’m not digging at all; my point, which I’ve repeated quite a few times to explain it to you, hasn’t changed at all.

You seem to be dodging the question.
And so do you. Find this common use of the word associated with racism and I'll gladly apologise for not knowing about it.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Playing the man not the ball doesn’t work, Broccers.

You said it: what did you mean by it?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:07 pm Playing the man not the ball doesn’t work, Broccers.

You said it: what did you mean by it?
Do fuck off as you can't find what you have insinuated you thought I meant which is totally wrong anyway.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

It’s difficult to choose just one article but this one might appeal to you since it refers to Trump: https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... ways-works
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:13 pm It’s difficult to choose just one article but this one might appeal to you since it refers to Trump: https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/ ... ways-works
So you're quoting a deluded racist.

Thesaurus;

Animal
Fellow
Person
Soul
Individual
Man
Woman

You've chosen animal. Why did you chose that out of all the other meanings? Sub conscious racist inside you?
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

You’ve sworn at me and blocked me on Facebook. I would love to think that you are just frustrated because I’ve called you out and you know you can’t justify what you said. But in reality I think you genuinely believe what you said wasn’t wrong.

That’s why casual racism is so bad: people are guilty of it without even realising, even when it’s pointed out. Shame it probably means your views are likely to become more entrenched. I regret that being the result but I do not regret calling you out.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Jobbo wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:53 pm Because the man you referred to as a creature is black. You can’t fail to notice that; you’re clearly aware of him 😂

He isn’t a cannibal? :D

I’m not into politics, but I’ve meet Femi who is from Bromsgrove and he seems like a decent guy and is clearly passionate about his views.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

So the term “horrible creature” being used for anyone is off the cards ?

I can remember being called it in school by my French teacher.

It’s a bit of a stretch imo.

“You vile creature” to me means someone is inhuman. I shall do a test with my friends and get back to you on this important announcement.

Dave!
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

V8Granite wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:19 am So the term “horrible creature” being used for anyone is off the cards ?

“You vile creature” to me means someone is inhuman. I shall do a test with my friends and get back to you on this important announcement.

Dave!
Broccers didn’t say ‘horrible creature’ or ‘beautiful creature’ or use any other modifier.

You say yourself that ‘you vile creature’ means someone is inhuman. Read the link I posted if it’s not immediately obvious to you that dehumanising someone is a way of demeaning them.

Broccers didn’t say what sort of creature he thinks Femi is. But if he meant ‘human being’ then why use ‘creature’?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Jobbo wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:48 am
V8Granite wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:19 am So the term “horrible creature” being used for anyone is off the cards ?

Dave!
Broccers didn’t say ‘horrible creature’ or ‘beautiful creature’ or use any other modifier.

You say yourself that ‘you vile creature’ means someone is inhuman. Read the link I posted if it’s not immediately obvious to you that dehumanising someone is a way of demeaning them.

Broccers didn’t say what sort of creature he thinks Femi is. But if he meant ‘human being’ then why use ‘creature’?
Generally when you want to insult someone you are demeaning them in some way though no?

Not trying to be a picky tit I genuinely see no racism in what Broccers said and I spend half my life surrounded by people of all races. If it is something that has passed me by then fair enough but I simply don’t see it.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Considering the general context of how broccers posts in this forum it’s not a big leap to see some racism in his post.

He knew what he was saying, probably his regular weekend cry for attention.
An absolute unit