Today I was the recipient of a random act of kindness.

nuttinnew

Today I was the recipient of a random act of kindness.

Post by nuttinnew »

An unexpected knock on the door earlier was the police, after satisfying themselves of my id they presented me with my wallet. I'd been out for a walk earlier but didn't recall taking it - I had no need to - to the point I checked it wasn't where I thought it was. Nope, not there, and it was my wallet sure enough, untouched with everything still in it. It'd been handed in by a couple who didn't leave their name and the pc couldn't remember where they said they'd found it until I said where I'd been for a walk. From the vague description he gave of them I think I know who they are, an elderly couple I occasionally see walking their dogs when I'm out for a wander, so I'll be keeping an eye out to thank them.

Tl;dr My wallet was handed into the police who returned it to me with nothing missing before I knew I'd lost it.
mik

Re: Today I was the recipient of a random act of kindness.

Post by mik »

😎
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

8-)
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Yesterday I got to return the act. It wasn't easy though, everything seemed designed to dissuade you; the nearest police station closed at 17:00 (item found at about ten past), the wallphone outside didn't work, 101 was stuck in a main menu loop no matter which number I pressed. After a while of trying to figure out wtf to do someone drove into the station car park, I nabbed them before they could disappear and they went inside to find someone in a position to do the needful. After a further while someone suitable appeared and the handover was then pretty quick. If I hadn't spotted the person coming into the car park - I could easily have been looking the other way at that moment - I'm not sure what I'd have done apart from get more annoyed at how bloody difficult doing the right thing was being made. Anyway, I hope it's got back to its rightful owner.
mik

Post by mik »

😎
Simon

Post by Simon »

nuttinnew wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:34 am needful
Stop that. Stop that right now.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Simon wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:46 pm

Oh I know, I know. That's how frustrated I was.
Marv

Post by Marv »

No good deed goes unpunished!
Oui, je suis un motard.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

nuttinnew wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:34 am Yesterday I got to return the act. It wasn't easy though, everything seemed designed to dissuade you; the nearest police station closed at 17:00 (item found at about ten past), the wallphone outside didn't work, 101 was stuck in a main menu loop no matter which number I pressed. After a while of trying to figure out wtf to do someone drove into the station car park, I nabbed them before they could disappear and they went inside to find someone in a position to do the needful. After a further while someone suitable appeared and the handover was then pretty quick. If I hadn't spotted the person coming into the car park - I could easily have been looking the other way at that moment - I'm not sure what I'd have done apart from get more annoyed at how bloody difficult doing the right thing was being made. Anyway, I hope it's got back to its rightful owner.
Handing in a butplug is never easy mate. It is what you are on about isnt it /RichB.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:55 am
nuttinnew wrote: ↑Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:34 am Yesterday I got to return the act. It wasn't easy though, everything seemed designed to dissuade you; the nearest police station closed at 17:00 (item found at about ten past), the wallphone outside didn't work, 101 was stuck in a main menu loop no matter which number I pressed. After a while of trying to figure out wtf to do someone drove into the station car park, I nabbed them before they could disappear and they went inside to find someone in a position to do the needful. After a further while someone suitable appeared and the handover was then pretty quick. If I hadn't spotted the person coming into the car park - I could easily have been looking the other way at that moment - I'm not sure what I'd have done apart from get more annoyed at how bloody difficult doing the right thing was being made. Anyway, I hope it's got back to its rightful owner.
Handing in a butplug is never easy mate. It is what you are on about isnt it /RichB.
anything can be a buttplug if you're brave enough.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Marv wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:34 am
No good deed goes unpunished!

I'd hit a centre island before that, but handing in lost property hardly counts as a genius to counter being fvcking stupid :oops: :(
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Rich B wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:02 pm

drcarlos

Post by drcarlos »

Went fishing with my younger lad last week, when we arrived in the carpark I saw two older guys struggling to jack up a Yaris that had a flat front tyre. Well they had used a peugeot jack (not an issue in itself) as they couldn't find the Yaris jack, but they'd used it on the front of the sill where it wasn't strengthened. Bloody hell what a mess, trashed sill, trashed wing!
While they were hunting for the Yaris jack as they were sure the use of the Pug jack was the issue. I quickly lowered it, jacked it at the correct jacking point (using the Pug jack) and swapped the wheel.
After sheltering from a downpour I went to pay for our tickets and the guy whos car it was quickly jumped in and paid our tickets (well he was mates with the lake warden, who'd mashed his wing so I hope it was gratis) and wouldn't hear none of my don't worry about it.
I wasn't expecting reward but it was nice to help out. Still got a ticking off from the lake warden when I left as it was 7:10 and it shut at 7:00 (change of rules since I'd last fished there in the evening).
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I'm unbrave even after 5gs of coke ;)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

drcarlos wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:42 pm it was nice to help out
8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: ↑Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:47 pm

I'm unbrave even after 5gs of coke ;)

Iswydt.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Bump...ed into the couple who found it :)
They'd had the same 'mare I'd had trying to hand something in, it felt good being able to tell them their hard work hadn't been in vain.
It turned out I'd spoken with them in the past at some point because they've got a good aids lockdown puppy - they got him just before we went into lockdown, rather than "we're stuck indoors, let's get an animal to entertain us" - that I remembered when they mentioned him. They've been working to try and compensate for the missed early socialization and it was good to see him developing into a well rounded pup 8-)
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

Much awesome. 8-)
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Even a secret Santa present at your place of work