NotoriousREV

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by NotoriousREV »

r/videosthatendtoosoon
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I like to make a point of ending too soon.
How about not having a sig at all?
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

De-barried.

Great news, I think Albon is a talent. Surprised they went for him over Kvyat, though.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:26 am
De-barried.

Great news, I think Albon is a talent. Surprised they went for him over Kvyat, though.
Thank you, despite currently speccing and quoting on a cloud based security system with off site hosting I cannot stick a link up! :roll:
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

Did RB think sticking Kvyat in was making a bit of a mockery of his first sacking?

I guess they have the data and we don’t know just how B spec Albons car is compared to Kvyats.
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Orange Cola wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:02 pm Did RB think sticking Kvyat in was making a bit of a mockery of his first sacking?

I guess they have the data and we don’t know just how B spec Albons car is compared to Kvyats.
i think it’s good idea, if Kvyat deserves another chance, I think it should come from him driving exceptionally (and noticeably) well, rather then the RB driver being a bit shit.

Putting a newbie in a good car is always a risk, but it can sometimes be great.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I think Albon has shown he can get properly racy.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

I wonder if Kvyat will get a crack at the RB as well this season and see who gets the best out of it, they have nothing really to lose as both TR drivers are doing well.

Edited to note Red Bull's statement says they will use the remaining 9 races to evaluate Albon's performance so no joy for Kvyat.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Chuffed for Albon. Comes across well and has done a good job so far. Hopefully he's quick right off the bat.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Albon getting the red bull drive makes me wonder if kvyat was given first refusal and turned it down in favour of the seat with less pressure
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

jamcg wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 pm Albon getting the red bull drive makes me wonder if kvyat was given first refusal and turned it down in favour of the seat with less pressure
That’s not how racing drivers work!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If Kvyat is not going to get a drive in the Red Bull again then why are they retaining him?
How about not having a sig at all?
Marv

Post by Marv »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:03 pm If Kvyat is not going to get a drive in the Red Bull again then why are they retaining him?
Probably not many drivers left from their driver programme, with an F1 super-license, who Marko hasn't shat on.
Oui, je suis un motard.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 pm
jamcg wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 pm Albon getting the red bull drive makes me wonder if kvyat was given first refusal and turned it down in favour of the seat with less pressure
:lol: Indeed. Do you want to drive a race winning car? Nah, I'll stick in the midfield thanks.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:43 am
Rich B wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:56 pm
:lol: Indeed. Do you want to drive a race winning car? Nah, I'll stick in the midfield thanks.
I was thinking more along the lines of it being a a risk to him having a seat in F1 at all, more chance of being dropped completely from red bull, better chance of still having the toro rosso drive next year- don’t think they’d demote kvyat again. If I was in his position I’d have serious trust issues with the teams
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Reading the press release again instead of just skimming it, they say it’s to give them the data to make a decision on who to pair with Max in 2020. So does that mean they feel they have enough data on Kvyat? Or is this a test of how he fits in with the team as much as a test of his skill?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Bollocks to trust and keeping a safe seat that might score the odd point, If you’re not desperate to win then should you even be in F1?

The fact is, Kvyat just isn’t that great. He got lucky in Germany and scored a decent haul of points, but apart from that he’s just scraped the odd point here and there like his much newer team mate. Then when he was in the decent car he just got in the way and made lots of silly errors.

I’d choose to try Albon all day long.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

https://racer.com/2019/08/28/ericsson-g ... =home-hero

Website reporting Ericsson to miss next indycar race as he’s been called back to Alfa to race in spa- would assume it’s to replace Giovinazzi
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Well he was hardly a stellar performer, wonder what has happened to Antonio Giovinazzi?