No F1 thread?

jamcg

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by jamcg »

Both helmut and horner couldn’t get their tongues any further up Max’s arse if they tried. They really do shit on their drivers, then panicked like fuck when Danny realised this and left
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:13 pm Red Bull throwing their toys out has been priceless. The shitbag that is Helmut has actually blamed Hamilton for “destroying Albon’s career” 😂
https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-m ... lex-albon/
He’s having a full meltdown. I can’t tell if Horner is a genuinely unpleasant human being or if it’s just his show to suck up to Helmut and keep his job. They’re both spouting some amazing crap.
This is the seedy side of competition. They're trying to get into Hamilton's head. They're trying to use the stewards to gain an advantage. It's all part of the game.

It's distasteful but I suspect that Horner goes home to his mansion, and cries into his massive pile of money while being sucked off by a Spice Girl.

Marko just goes home and tortures small mammals while sitting on a throne made of diamonds.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:17 amIt's distasteful but I suspect that Horner goes home to his mansion, and cries into his massive pile of money while being sucked off by a Spice Girl.
You mean the spice girl he was seeing behind his pregnant wife’s back and subsequently left his wife for with a few week old new baby shortly after? Classy.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

And she's the worst looking spice girl of the lot now!
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

jamcg wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:56 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:17 amIt's distasteful but I suspect that Horner goes home to his mansion, and cries into his massive pile of money while being sucked off by a Spice Girl.
You mean the spice girl he was seeing behind his pregnant wife’s back and subsequently left his wife for with a few week old new baby shortly after? Classy.
Yes, that Spice Girl.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

Wows.

John

Post by John »

Clearly someone isn't used to not getting his own way :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

John wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:19 pm Clearly someone isn't used to not getting his own way :lol:
He can’t sack or demote Lewis for doing something he doesn’t like :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Pathetic. RBR have lost any support from me through that sort of bullshit. If I was the FIA, I'd be having serious words with them about involving lawyers in racing.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Edit- f1 won’t let the vids embed so you’ll have to click the “watch on YouTube” links

Watch the first corner from Spain this year. The move Horner said it was a good job Lewis backed out from it he’d have ended up in the fence.

Lewis just drove like max. If the cars were the other way around max would have went for the move, his MO is to shove his car down the inside, and expect others to yield. See also Austria 2020 vs Leclerc

In fact bar the Singapore crash in this video all the incidents are either him moving under breaking or “throwing a wheel up the inside” where there was never going to be space, or turning into cars trying an overtake.

Basically this incident has been a long time coming, and was always going to involve max in some capacity because he either flings his car in with the opinion the other guy will back out or without a care for the consequences. It’s coming across to me like a school bully getting bullied and going crying to teacher immediately
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Agreed. And trying to get lawyers involved is unbecoming and unsportsmanlike in my view. The FIA ruled, Hamilton got a penalty and that's it. Your can argue that the penalties don't match the the impact (no pun intended) on the other driver, but that was always the case.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:53 am Agreed. And trying to get lawyers involved is unbecoming and unsportsmanlike in my view. The FIA ruled, Hamilton got a penalty and that's it. Your can argue that the penalties don't match the the impact (no pun intended) on the other driver, but that was always the case.

It’s like a rugby player filing for assault charges due to a bad tackle. It doesn’t happen. What happens on the pitch, stays on the pitch
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

It's just bullshit, they're not really considering it as it would be a stupid thing to do and effectively undermine the sport. This smacks of trying to appease Max as behind closed doors he's probably had a meltdown because someone had the temerity to challenge him.

"Yes Max, Lewis was very bad, we should definitely look at suing everybody."
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

All this furore tells me is that RB are genuinely worried about Merc becoming more competitive and challenging them for this title, which is surprising because I thought this season was a done deal in truth after the previous few races.
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

duncs500 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:16 am All this furore tells me is that RB are genuinely worried about Merc becoming more competitive and challenging them for this title, which is surprising because I thought this season was a done deal in truth after the previous few races.
There's definitely something going on. Red Bull are clearly throwing a lot into this year's car whereas pretty much everyone else is focused on next year. I wonder if there's a clause in Verstappen's contract about him winning a WDC or he can walk which would leave Red Bull in the position of losing their star driver and having a shit under-developed car for the upcoming season.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Delphi wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:24 am
duncs500 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:16 am All this furore tells me is that RB are genuinely worried about Merc becoming more competitive and challenging them for this title, which is surprising because I thought this season was a done deal in truth after the previous few races.
There's definitely something going on. Red Bull are clearly throwing a lot into this year's car whereas pretty much everyone else is focused on next year. I wonder if there's a clause in Verstappen's contract about him winning a WDC or he can walk which would leave Red Bull in the position of losing their star driver and having a shit under-developed car for the upcoming season.
Seems plausible, but where would he go? Would any of the other top teams want to take him on?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Delphi wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:24 am
You may well be right, they definitely appear to be betting the house on this season (whether or not that is really the case, it looks like it). It just seems like not winning is unthinkable for them. Maybe some other jobs are on the line too, they are notoriously ruthless.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I'll be fascinated at the first race next season to see who's nailed the regs, how to tackle the balance of competitiveness this season vs next must have been a real head scratcher for the teams. You only want to invest as much in this season as you think the others are going to. Some will be sitting there feeling smug about having stayed with the pack on a shoestring, others will be devastated at not doing better despite throwing a fair bit at it.

The thing that speaks the loudest to me is LH signing a new deal, he must have a lot of confidence in Merc being strong under the new regs.