No F1 thread?

Zonda_

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Zonda_ »

Well that was a good advert for the sprint races!
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Go seb! Hamilton right royally fucked that.

So new idea- every race red flagged with 5 laps remaining 😂
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That was some finish!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep not the first time Hamilton has looked amateurish this season.
How about not having a sig at all?
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

First sign of father time? Just said didn't have 'magic' on, interesting.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Ahh so it somehow diverts brake heat into the wheel & tyre. So by not having it on = cold tyres & overheated brakes.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

mr_jon wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:26 pm First sign of father time? Just said didn't have 'magic' on, interesting.
I heard it as brake magic for safety car warm up and didn’t switch it off for start
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Max looks a bit happier now..
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I would say he’s just feeling actual pressure for the first time in a while. Having the car in the wrong setting is a silly mistake. But easy to blame the switch 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

From what I heard he switched it off but knocked it on again at some point. A mistake nonetheless. Max didn't really deserve to lose his championship lead today, so although it's an unforgiving sport, today it was a just result.

I'm happy for Perez, and strangely I felt happy to see Seb up there. Whilst I've always thought Seb was an overrated driver, the last few years have been pretty hard for him, so good to see him getting a result.

In some ways, coming out of this race without losing further ground to Max remains a positive result from Merc despite the possibilities of more.
John

Post by John »

Yes, nice to see Vettel on the podium again.

A good result all round really as I'm sure Hamilton building a big lead in the championship this early in the season wouldn't be good for the rest of it.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Perez doing a solid job as a second driver...Bottas very much not. Merc have to give Russell a chance next year, surely?

Whilest in the past I became bored of Vettel's dominance, pointy finger and petulance, it's always nice seeing someone bounce back and put in a decent performance 👍
Oui, je suis un motard.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:08 pm From what I heard he switched it off but knocked it on again at some point. A mistake nonetheless. Max didn't really deserve to lose his championship lead today, so although it's an unforgiving sport, today it was a just result.

I'm happy for Perez, and strangely I felt happy to see Seb up there. Whilst I've always thought Seb was an overrated driver, the last few years have been pretty hard for him, so good to see him getting a result.

In some ways, coming out of this race without losing further ground to Max remains a positive result from Merc despite the possibilities of more.
A good summary that echoes my thoughts.

Lord knows what is happening to Bottas. A really poor weekend for him.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

mikeyb wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:26 pm Lord knows what is happening to Bottas. A really poor weekend for him.
It's becoming an increasingly regular occurrence, you could very easily see LH winning the DC and RB winning the CC on account of having the stronger aggregate driver lineup. Merc may regret not bringing in GR for this season.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

You could very easily see RB winning both - it's great that there are more than one team fighting for wins this year, it's what we've all been hoping for.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

I enjoyed the race, like the above, it is nice to see Seb come back, he was always funny but dominance is boring, possibly even if it your team/driver doing the dominating!?

Perez should have been in the lead after the stops, although would have been interesting to see what happened if that had transpired as Max of old didn't like DR being in front of him, might have been a tasty scrap or a spectacular off with LH taking a sneak past win.

A season where a few drivers and teams have shots at the podium and wins is refreshing to see though.

Wonder when Mercedes finished both cars but out the points last? 2012,2013? When they both finished I mean
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Got to ask why there is only one tyre manufacturer when they could have a couple to increase competition and improvement.

Enjoyed the end, was great to watch.
mik

Post by mik »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:31 am Got to ask why there is only one tyre manufacturer when they could have a couple to increase competition and improvement.

Enjoyed the end, was great to watch.
I believe that they struggle to recover the costs they put into it.

F1 cars running Pirelli influences my car tyre purchasing decisions this much >.<
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

There were two tyre suppliers, but now they want to actively control the compounds offered to make the racing more interesting - you can't really do that if you have private companies fighting each other to make the best ones. And no one wants to invest hundreds of millions to be the shitty tyre in F1.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

As for MVs tyre blowing, it wasn't as though they hadn't had any warning with Stroll that the tyres might not last, and we were shown graphics of them driving round on "red" rear tyres because they were so worn.