No F1 thread?

jamcg

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by jamcg »

Yup them 4 following that close is about as exciting as I can remember but no way to pass- any other track carlos would have been through easily.

Also how much alonso was able to slow down soooooo much and keep not just hamilton behind but half the grid
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m not sure I followed the Alonso/Alpine plan. He could have gone at a normal pace and kept his position and Ocon would have made enough of a gap to also get points. All they did was screw over Ocon.
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Scared the mediums would go off and hard would become way faster
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Mito Man wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 4:40 pm Fingers crossed Monaco doesn’t get its contract renewed 🥱
Much as I agree it'll never happen. I'm sure palms will be being greased by Prince Albert.

Out of interest, why can't they get rid of the daft chicane after the tunnel? Surely it would give an overtaking opportunity.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I reckon it would make it too high speed and move the braking zone towards a tighter section of the track which is surrounded by grandstands so it would be too risky for spectators.
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

The chicane isn’t so much of a chicane any more, its the path around the tunnel “run off”
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That was incredibly boring. Even the exciting bits weren't because nobody can overtake in Monaco.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Marv

Post by Marv »

Horner spouting bollocks that Perez is in the title fight, when they asked him to move over for Verstappen in Spain a few weeks ago!

By my shonky maths, Perez would currently be equal on points with Leclerc and only 3 points behind Verstappen of he was allowed to win in Spain...
Oui, je suis un motard.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Marv wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:37 pm Horner spouting bollocks that Perez is in the title fight, when they asked him to move over for Verstappen in Spain a few weeks ago!

By my shonky maths, Perez would currently be equal on points with Leclerc and only 3 points behind Verstappen of he was allowed to win in Spain...
We all know that's bollocks, if there's any way they can help Max beat Perez then they're going to do it.

I'd love Perez to have a few good races and get a lead, can you imagine how Max would be if RB decided their best hope for a WDC was to put everything into Perez.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Could easily happen if max starts getting a bit crashy mc crashface with the ferraris and Perez can pick up the pieces.
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Perez proved many times against hamilton last year he has the superior racecraft between him and max. Add into that his ability to eek out tyres for stints that shouldn’t work and he’s a possibility, especially if deg becomes an isssue
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

I read reports that Jos Verstappen was fuming they'd "favoured" Perez over Max. As much as I hate Red Bull, I'd piss myself if Perez won the WDC.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

jamcg wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 10:04 pm Perez proved many times against hamilton last year he has the superior racecraft between him and max. Add into that his ability to eek out tyres for stints that shouldn’t work and he’s a possibility, especially if deg becomes an isssue
The problem is, RB's modus operandi is to leave Perez out too long to mess with their rivals strategy whilst giving Max an undercut / optimal strategy.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Delphi wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:32 am I read reports that Jos Verstappen was fuming they'd "favoured" Perez over Max. As much as I hate Red Bull, I'd piss myself if Perez won the WDC.
Snr is not a likable man. Max seems a lot calmer than last year and he made few mistakes then. Deliberately blowing Perez out of first so that Max could have got 2nd would have been a real kick in the nuts.
mik

Post by mik »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik

Post by mik »

I have no idea what prompted this, but drivers reject proposed £24million PA salary cap.

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Seems fair when some golfers are now getting hundreds of millions to play in the new Saudi-backed tournament. All they do is whack a ball with a stick.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:39 pm Seems fair when some golfers are now getting hundreds of millions to play in the new Saudi-backed tournament. All they do is whack a ball with a stick.
All banned from pga tour now though
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

History wont look kindly on those who joined the LIV tour
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…