No F1 thread?

DeskJockey

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by DeskJockey »

That was a rather entertaining watch! Can we please have this track on the calendar permanently?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

ARREST THE COPS 😂
How about not having a sig at all?
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Enjoyed that. Does anybody know if Sky allows the viewer to pick their own car cameras? Not sure if that is actually a thing?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:47 pm ARREST THE COPS 😂
What are you trying to say?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
GG.

Post by GG. »

@SD No. Think we discussed this recently but all the video feed is centrally controlled. Even the commentators only get a central feed.

Personally I’d like to dial the volume of the commentary down by 20% so there isn’t so much of a mismatch between the incessant chatter and the sound of the cars. I’m sure they mix it for audibility through a rubbish flat screen tv but it’s screechy for anyone running it through a decent sound system.
Last edited by GG. on Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 pm
During the post race interview Hamilton put on a shirt which said “Arrest the cops” - at least that’s how it appeared the way the camera cropped him so I thought he was just making one of his statements - Only much later did I see that the full message was “arrest the cops who killed Breonna”
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:08 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:01 pm
During the post race interview Hamilton put on a shirt which said “Arrest the cops” - at least that’s how it appeared the way the camera cropped him so I thought he was just making one of his statements - Only much later did I see that the full message was “arrest the cops who killed Breonna”
He had it on at the start.

Crazy race and gutted Ricciardo couldn't keep 3rd. What a circuit though - interesting to see the F1 cars on it as I'm used to it from Moto GP, and it's mad how different it seems. Would love to see them race here again.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ah I missed the start. I tend to tune in a few minutes before the race starts, can’t be bothered with all the silly questions they ask pre race and the national anthem bollocks 😂
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Cheers GG.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

No point turning the commentators down, the cars sound shite.
Cheers, Harry
Marv

Post by Marv »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:24 pm No point turning the commentators down, the cars sound shite.
Watching the small snippet of Mick Schumacher going round in the 2004 Ferrari F1 car, really did highlight how gash the current cars sound.
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

Bottas was a right knob at the 2nd restart. Caused the subsequent carnage. Knob!
GG.

Post by GG. »

Marv wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:03 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:24 pm No point turning the commentators down, the cars sound shite.
Watching the small snippet of Mick Schumacher going round in the 2004 Ferrari F1 car, really did highlight how gash the current cars sound.
I don’t disagree - hearing a n/a f1 car followed immediately by a turbo hybrid car at goodwood last year was just embarrassing.

Still - I’d like to at least hear the cars without having Crofty make my ears bleed.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

When they do the biannual F1 events round cities they still mainly use the old V8 cars for that very reason - always thought it’s a bit cheeky as it could be misconstrued as false advertising.

Whenever Red Bull does one of their promos they also use the V8 cars to this day.
Marv

Post by Marv »

mik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:13 pm Bottas was a right knob at the 2nd restart. Caused the subsequent carnage. Knob!
I thought it was Bottas being a knob too, but maybe not such a knob afterall.

Shame that the restart messed up George Russell's opportunity to score points. Norris lost out on a few positions too.
Oui, je suis un motard.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Bottas did nothing wrong and arguably did exactly what you'd expect given the head wind and the tow. It was the spanners at the back that f**ked up.
Marv

Post by Marv »

I imagine that given enough notice that the safety car was coming in, Bottas could have backed everyone up, then could have chosen the right point to race off. Obviously he'd have to defend in the first corner after the straight, but without DRS it probably would be harder for Hamilton to overtake than when he did in the subsequent restart.
Oui, je suis un motard.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I was impressed by this guy's step by step analysis.
Imgur link

Original link from Reddit
r/formula1

Riccardo and Kyvat both make gaps to go for an advantage on the restart. Following slipstreaming drivers can only see the car ahead (Remarkable prescient/cautious (!!!) Grosjean doesn't try to slipstream so saves himself and arguably Kimi) escalating concertina leaves drivers with nowhere to go. Racing incident with possibly talkings to some drivers about gaps on the large side.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

So Ocon is the first one who really nailed it up to the others?
Left over crest; tightens.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I think he was just another link in the chain of gapping-closing. He was into 6th keeping up with Kyvat. Russel initially let Ocon pull out the gap too but closed it up rapidly before catching the slower lead group.