No F1 thread?

Jimmy Choo

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Jimmy Choo »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:34 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:32 am
Mito Man wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:41 am When I were a lad we had V12s and V10s in F1. Nuff said.
I remember when we had V8s, V10s and V12s. I'm also old enough to remember turbo 4 cylinders (but I wasn't watching then.)
That was just the first season of the V10’s when Ferrari stuck with a V12 wasn’t it??
Not sure. I remember that the Ford DFR was V8 and in use in '94 and Ferrari switched to V10s in '96
Banal Vapid Platitudes
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

When Torro Rosso took over minardi they were allowed to use the v10 engine when everyone else had to use the new v8. It cut down on cost but I seem to remember it also meant the tr1 monstered other cars in a straight line
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I just had to watch some old V10 clips on my phone. The golden years of motorsports and cars are well and truly over. 2000-2015 was a good run. *wipes tear*
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Uh-oh

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:24 am Uh-oh

Apart from possibly tanking MSC's career, will it have any impact?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Marzipan is clearly going to use Rich Energy to distract from the walking human rights abuse and skill vacuum that is his son.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:43 am
MSC is a Ferrari boy. Once he's not a liability he'll be bumped up to Alfa Romeo as a finishing school before replacing Sainz at Ferrari.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Why will it tank his career?
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:53 am
MSC is a Ferrari boy. Once he's not a liability he'll be bumped up to Alfa Romeo as a finishing school before replacing Sainz at Ferrari.
This. Hopefully. Hard to really estimate how good he could be driving that turd of a Haas around.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Zonda_ wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:54 am

Why will it tank his career?
Possible taint and lack of results compared to others. Hope it isn't the case though. His last name will probably help him a fair bit and the connection to Ferrari as @Jimmy Choo says.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Beany

Post by Beany »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:51 am Marzipan is clearly going to use Rich Energy to distract from the walking human rights abuse and skill vacuum that is his son.
I don't follow F1 much, but human rights abuse? Do go on....
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Beany wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:51 am Marzipan is clearly going to use Rich Energy to distract from the walking human rights abuse and skill vacuum that is his son.
I think hyperbole is fair given how Spazmin has conducted himself.

Tweeted video of sexual assaults - check
Publicly implying G. Russell should be "outted" - check
Assaulting another driver in F2 - check

linky

linky2
Last edited by RobYob on Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mick did the tyre test for Ferrari yesterday. It’s clear Ferrari want him to get as much track time as possible.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

RobYob wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:22 am
Beany wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 am
I think hyperbole is fair given how Spazmin has conducted himself.

Tweeted video of sexual assaults - check
Publicly implying G. Russell should be "outted" - check
Assaulting another driver in F2 - check

linky

linky2

I wasn't aware of all of that, what a fine upstanding member of the community he is. He needs to race that karter (just the two of them) with Rich Energy doing the pr. Celebrity Deathmatch irl.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Yay, another billionaire owned team so that a son can have a drive.

And they business practices of Mazepin Sr are standard USSR Oligarch fare on the surface at least.

I was aware of most of his transgressions and was surprised he did get a run in F1 but I guess it shows all that is wrong with the series when money talks so much more loudly than anything else. Teams should have enough money to pay a driver of their choice.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

This is the fundamental flaw isn’t it. Without billionaires funding their children we would only have 7 teams I make it?
(Haas, Williams and Aston Martin).
Alpha Tauri only exists due to funding by Red Bull and Sauber/Alfa aren’t much better. Mclaren and Alpine seem to be on the brink and Mercedes seem to want to pull out sooner or later 😂
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Gavin wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:17 pm Yay, another billionaire owned team so that a son can have a drive.

And they business practices of Mazepin Sr are standard USSR Oligarch fare on the surface at least.

I was aware of most of his transgressions and was surprised he did get a run in F1 but I guess it shows all that is wrong with the series when money talks so much more loudly than anything else. Teams should have enough money to pay a driver of their choice.
Mazepin's a hideous human being. I know Lance Stroll gets a lot of hate, but he's not without talent. He's a far better driver than Marzipan.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Delphi wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:40 am
Gavin wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:17 pm Yay, another billionaire owned team so that a son can have a drive.

Mazepin's a hideous human being. I know Lance Stroll gets a lot of hate, but he's not without talent. He's a far better driver than Marzipan.
Being able to beat Vettel at the moment, and all the controversy surrounding Mazepin must be a nice reprieve for Lance Stroll. No longer the whipping boy in the paddock!
Oui, je suis un motard.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

They’ve approved sprint qualifying for 3 races this year, no word on which 3.

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’m not against the format change but I wonder how many people have time to bother watching it on a Friday. I’m against this new sports trend of trying to stretch everything out to take up as much time as possible...