No F1 thread?

DeskJockey

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by DeskJockey »

Stripped of pole with a three place grid penalty. Costly and stupid!
Last edited by DeskJockey on Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Especially daft given that he would have known the running order of the cars most likely to challenge his existing time and that if they were behind him they would have had to lift and be very unlikely to improve their overall lap time.
Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

He's got some maturing still to do. Can't imagine Christian Horner being happy about that behaviour.
---
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Ferrari to mess up the strategy in 3... 2...
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hamilton truly the greatest driver!
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That was a great race. Hamilton showed why he's the best!
---
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Great drive from Lewis. Max is his own worst enemy. A bit more patience instead of that banzai move on Bottas and he’d have been on the podium at the very least.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I got a bit annoyed with Disciple Christian Horners comments about Max the Messiah Verstappens weekend. If anyone caught it you’ll know what I mean but CH basically said the weekend was a run of ‘bad luck going against him for Max’ and Lewis having a tank slapper ruined his race too.

I’m almost convinced Geri is a cover up for what’s really going on between them.

I had Merc as fourth this weekend, third at best with a few mistakes from other teams. It was top job from Merc and Lewis with Bottas putting in decent performance too. And what the fuck was going on in the pit lane!
Mustang GT 5.0 V8 -- Jaguar F-Pace
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Orange Cola wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:55 pm I got a bit annoyed with Disciple Christian Horners comments about Max the Messiah Verstappens weekend. If anyone caught it you’ll know what I mean but CH basically said the weekend was a run of ‘bad luck going against him for Max’ and Lewis having a tank slapper ruined his race too.

I’m almost convinced Geri is a cover up for what’s really going on between them.

I had Merc as fourth this weekend, third at best with a few mistakes from other teams. It was top job from Merc and Lewis with Bottas putting in decent performance too. And what the fuck was going on in the pit lane!
Lewis’s tank slapper was caused by initial contact with max wasn’t it?
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

Don’t think so. I think it was Lewis stomping on the gas trying to stay ahead of Max. They only touched once Lewis had abandoned the corner.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

jamcg wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:06 pm
Orange Cola wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:55 pm I got a bit annoyed with Disciple Christian Horners comments about Max the Messiah Verstappens weekend. If anyone caught it you’ll know what I mean but CH basically said the weekend was a run of ‘bad luck going against him for Max’ and Lewis having a tank slapper ruined his race too.

Lewis’s tank slapper was caused by initial contact with max wasn’t it?
Probably, but no one other than CH cares, we just want more of Max and Lewis fighting (and I’m a Lewis fan!)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

You'd have thought max would have grown up a bit by now, but nope, the petulant child is still there ready to come out at every opportunity.
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

From the post race press conference:

Q: Lewis, you touched on this earlier. Do you treat Max differently to other drivers?

Hamilton: Err... yep. I think every driver is slightly different. Some are smarter; some are like very smart, aggressive and some are silly with it. And so, through those experiences of racing with people, you give some more space and others you don't have to. They're quite respectful. But yeah, Max, it's very likely you're going to come together with Max if you don't give him extra space, so most of the time you do. But as I said, in my experience, I didn't have a lot of space to give him extra space. But I don't think it was intentional or anything like that. It was just... he's a magnet for those kind of things but yeah, nonetheless, I managed to keep the car together and in a straight line, fortunately.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 am You'd have thought max would have grown up a bit by now, but nope, the petulant child is still there ready to come out at every opportunity.
TBF Lewis was nearly thirty before he chilled out and Vettel is still a bit of a strop. Max has time to grow up a bit :lol:.
An absolute unit
Orange Cola

Post by Orange Cola »

I think Max might change his attitude when he’s got something to lose from racing too hard, i.e. in a car that can get him into the fight for a championship and he’s trying to get as many points on the board as possible. It might take him a few DNF’s to realise that though!
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:49 am
integrale_evo wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 am You'd have thought max would have grown up a bit by now, but nope, the petulant child is still there ready to come out at every opportunity.
TBF Lewis was nearly thirty before he chilled out and Vettel is still a bit of a strop. Max has time to grow up a bit :lol:.
Lewis has won 3 WDC by the time he was 30.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye and he was bit of an arsehole, he’s less so these days.
An absolute unit
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Lewis bottles it.
Red Bull seek clarification on the fuel flow technical directive.
Ferrari no longer have a one second straight line advantage.

It’s amazing how generous the FIA are being with teams breaking the rules this year. Renault only lose the results for one race for having an illegal device on their car for every race and Ferrari get nothing for their fuel flow shenanigans. Could be WWE at this point.
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

How funny that Max is having a go at Lewis for driving like Max :lol:
Middle-aged Dirtbag
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Another dickish move. Hamilton clearly didn't want a crawl around warm up lap if max had just left it he would have cleared off up the road. But no, try and prevent him passing like you're racing, chick your car on the grass, then pass him, jam on the brakes like a YouTube road rager and compromise everyone's lap.
Cheers, Harry