No F1 thread?

Swervin_Mervin

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Gwaredd wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:42 am That was a fucking ridiculous drive from Hamilton. Unreal.
Sums it up for me. Gobsmacking.

This whole "breaking the tow" thing seems to have ramped up this year and yeah, it's getting pretty borderline in some instances. Max isn't the only one this year to have done that. Needs knocking on the head really imo.

Max is a monumental cunt though. Fast but is he really actually that good when it cones to overtaking or is everyone too compliant with him for fear of getting punted off?
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Awesome drive from Lewis. What boils my piss is Lewis gets disqualified due to a wing that's 0.2mm out of spec due to some parts failure and yet in the previous race, Red Bull are allowed to gaffa tape the fuck out of their rear wing in parc ferme conditions. Fucking Red Bull are such a bunch of whinging, hypocritical cunts. It's this kind of behaviour that makes me want anyone but them to win.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
John

Post by John »

Horner will be unbearable if Red Bull win the championships this year.
tim

Post by tim »

Out of spec is out of spec though, it's an absolute offence like speeding. You either are or you're not.

The wing repair is permitted under the regs.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The Mercedes rear wing was damaged which caused the slot gap on one side to be bigger by 0.2 mm. The damage actually caused the wing to be imbalanced and hindered performance. Toto alleges that this is no different to Redbull masking up the edge of their wings during parc ferme to bring them back within spec.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:20 am The Mercedes rear wing was damaged which caused the slot gap on one side to be bigger by 0.2 mm.
Surely that can’t be true. :?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Have now watched the highlights; fuck you, Max.
mik

Post by mik »

Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

You could tell that just from the aerial. He's turning the corner and then he suddenly runs straighter. It's clearly not washing wide from overspeed.

THe fishiest thing about it is that the video is still not available..
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Can't believe we still don't have the onboard footage. Michael Masi confirmed to Autosport that they didn't have it either when making the decision but that they'll review it and the 360 degree cameras after the weekend. I'd love to know why the TV director / race control have that live footage from some of the cars but not others.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Apparently it's a bandwidth thing that only 1 car camera is live but all cameras are recording all the time and downloaded at the end of the race. The onboard and telemetry must be catastrophically damning that they haven't been made public.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

RobYob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:33 pm Apparently it's a bandwidth thing that only 1 car camera is live but all cameras are recording all the time and downloaded at the end of the race. The onboard and telemetry must be catastrophically damning that they haven't been made public.
That's bullshit arse covering there. During the live race they showed the replay of Hamilton onboard and even the rear view camera. So they have the bandwidth to transmit at least 2 at once. Seen here. I'm sure the cockpit cameras and rear wing one are always transmitted live for crucial overtakes and to review for incidents during the race.

I'm sure Ant mentioned he saw the start of the Verstappen onboard afterwards but it cut away a split second after the crucial moment. Suspicious.

Heres the Silverstone accident which shows Max's onboard and the rear view cam again.
How about not having a sig at all?
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Footage from Hamilton's car;

duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Anyone else find the team to race director radio total cringe?

Michael Masi sounded like he was going to cry when the RB guy radio'd him to tell him to let them race.

For me it just comes across that it's allowing teams to have an influence in outcomes, when surely they should have no say and only speak to the director and stewards when they are asked for information? I don't know, just seems a bit wrong to me.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Yeah, I don’t buy the bandwidth thing, if there’s a bit turn one incident you’ll see it from several cars viewpoints while they’re still carrying on with the race.
Cheers, Harry
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:27 pm Yeah, I don’t buy the bandwidth thing, if there’s a bit turn one incident you’ll see it from several cars viewpoints while they’re still carrying on with the race.
Just repeating what I read on f/formula1 which seemed a reasonable explanation, the bandwidth limit is per car, so instead of all 6(?) onboards broadcasting all the time there's only one instantaneous feed per car but they can switch it around, all cameras record all the time though. The "reason/excuse" for no forward view from MV's car during the overtake was the instantaneous feed was from the rearward looking camera to capture LH approach.

Apparently it's usual for all footage to be available on the Wednesday after a race for media, so if it's not out tomorrow then it'll be even more suspicious.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Worst kept secret in f1 confirmed, zhou confirmed at Alfa with bottas
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

jamcg wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:35 am Worst kept secret in f1 confirmed, zhou confirmed at Alfa with bottas
Bye bye Italian Jesus.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

MV onboard.
mik

Post by mik »

Appears to initially apply nowhere near the lock required to make the corner.