No F1 thread?

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Rich B »

He didn't open the steering out towards Hamilton, he just didn't bother turning in at all, until he was off the track!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep, cunt confirmed.
How about not having a sig at all?
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Nicking links from reddit. Contrast to MV's qualifying steering inputs...
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yes usually it needs 90 degrees of steering input right off the bat. During the Hamilton incident he turns about 45 degrees till they’re both off the track then puts the lock back on to return to the track 🙄
mik

Post by mik »

I only wanted to show the bottom two images….

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

I'm ok with there being no penalty - but not even acknowledging that it was not an appropriate move to pull in an F1 race is kind of weird. Surely an "investigated after the race" and a chat from the stewards was needed.

From now on, pushing opponents off the track is ok and there's No need to worry about track limits or anything trivial like that either - so long as you're "hard racing".
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The consequence is as above that from now anyone can push their opponent off track. For the championship leader this is basically a no brainer, why risk losing points when you can fuck the other guy over.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

You would have thought it easily falls foul of "Gaining advatage by leaving the track" if not just a plain old professional foul.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Mercedes have asked for a review of the incident in light of the new video evidence. 🍿
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

As satisfying as it was to see Hamilton pass on track without having to rely on a penelty, I'd be all for Max getting a retrospective 5 second penelty and dropping to third
Simon

Post by Simon »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:16 pm Yep, cunt confirmed.
Agreed.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Breaking news: Turn 4 at Interlagos to be renamed “Verstappen Straight.” :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Decision on the appeal to the non-decision to be decided... tomorrow.

I've decided they'll decide not to decide anything and therefore the decision will be... no penalty.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Aaaaand. I was right. They didn't permit a reasoned review of the decision. I'd be interested to see the rationale behind it - I wonder if it was because they didn't investigate the incident in the first place (which is ridiculous - what if they missed someone deliberately ramming another off the track - would they then decline to review once the footage came to light because they didn't see it at the time?)

Horner (or as some are calling him "Salty Spice" :lol: ) saying they'll challenge the legality of the Mercedes if they run the same rear wing from Brazil.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Sadly I think we're now going to get into a real ramping up of scuffling between the 2 teams. I just hope we don't get some stupid off track interference and politics ruining what's shaping up to be a great end to the season, and one of the best for a few years now
Last edited by Swervin_Mervin on Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yes I agree and maybe declining to review this was intended to give the FIA a 'margin of error' to not investigate every tit for tat challenge by the teams, i.e. will make it easier to tell Horner they're not investigating the Merc rear wing.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Hamilton just needs to get infront and run max off track every overtake now. Alonso is right- certain drivers get away with track limit infringements and some don’t
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

jamcg wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:45 pm Bottas just needs to get infront and run max off track every overtake now.
FTFY

Max would be happy to crash Hamilton out the last three races.
mik

Post by mik »

GG.

Post by GG. »

LOLZ they're quite good.