No F1 thread?

nuttinnew

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by nuttinnew »

Rich B wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:56 pm
dinny_g wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:55 pm Mercedes are going to drop any further efforts - Hamilton doesn't want to win his 8th title in Court.

I can understand that.
The rest of us understood it 2 hours ago when Duncs posted it and then we discussed it! 😉
jamcg posted it 9 mins earlier ;)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:13 pm "If I've not seen it before, it's new to me"
;)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I think at best they might have just cancelled the race result which would have still meant max won it anyway on number of wins so not really worth pushing it.
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I think Merc have got what they were hoping for out of any appeal anyway, which is not a change of result but the review into the goings on.

Interesting I saw on Twitter that Joe Saward was warning people to be careful what they wish for, as he saw that there's no one he's aware of that could take on the role of RD as well as Masi has.

I don't know whether that says more about the difficulty of the role or the lack of talent of individuals to take it on :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:38 pm I think Merc have got what they were hoping for out of any appeal anyway, which is not a change of result but the review into the goings on.

Interesting I saw on Twitter that Joe Saward was warning people to be careful what they wish for, as he saw that there's no one he's aware of that could take on the role of RD as well as Masi has.

I don't know whether that says more about the difficulty of the role or the lack of talent of individuals to take it on :lol:
Think it’s indicative of the cliquey nature of these organisations- they’re probably very reluctant to take anyone on from elsewhere.

If they’re really struggling I’d have a go- penalise everyone!!!!!!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

So neither Toto or Lewis will attend the FIA prize giving ceremony tonight, which is a breach of the sporting regulations :lol:
I'm guessing the FIA will get a nice Christmas bonus...
How about not having a sig at all?
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:38 pm
:lol: My mum could do a better job than Masi has.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

FIA is already blaming everyone else after investigating themselves.. 🙄

Personally, I think this stinks.. Mercedes have agreed something behind closed doors with Masi and the FIA.. cheapens any future victory for them imho.

I agree that MV shouldn’t lose his championship now but Lewis deserves a lot of respect for his handling of the situation.

TL;DR - F1 cares about itself and not its fans
Cheers,

Ian
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I expect they see the controversy as a good thing for all the extra press they’ve got from it.
Cheers, Harry
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59705074

Newly elected fia president says they can’t rule out our ishing hamilton for boycotting the prize gala. What a great way to improve the image of the fia :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yep my first thought was what a cvnt. Opportunity to start a fresh and draw a line in the sand and that’s how he starts his first day… The FIA are hopeless.
Simon

Post by Simon »

It was ever thus. Remember when they were simply Ferrari International Assistance?
The artist formerly known as _Who_
mik

Post by mik »

What wankers. Surely by their own rule bending, “the top three drivers” doesn’t actually mean all three of them?
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:54 pm What wankers. Surely by their own rule bending, “the top three drivers” doesn’t actually mean all three of them?
😂👍🏻
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Rich B wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:33 am
mik wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:54 pm What wankers. Surely by their own rule bending, “the top three drivers” doesn’t actually mean all three of them?
😂👍🏻
:D 👍🏻
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

JonMad wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:05 am Level on points into the final race. Max leads Lewis but bins it on the last corner into the wall with the finish in sight. He has just enough drive to punt Lewis off as he passes. Max jumps out of his car, Lewis sees and follows suit. They race on foot, Chris Froome stylee, to the finish line. Lewis, who also grabbed his steering wheel, doesn’t have the pace of the younger man but his lead from where his car came to rest is sufficient and he takes the win on the line.

What are the odds?
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

I'm sure Lewis couldn't give a flying fuck what the ramifications will be for not going. Can you imagine being around all those hand ringing cunts after you'd been cheated out of winning? Fuck that!
Cheers.

Gwaredd
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

"...and the stress caused me to lose my hair" - Matt Lucas.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just read that the new FIA president has picked Bernie’s wife as his Vice President :lol: