No F1 thread?

duncs500

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by duncs500 »

Marv wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:25 am
I hope Russell can play the foil next year and mix things up between the Hamilton/Verstappen dynamic...providing RBR & Merc are still the fastest...
Yeah, I think if they'd had GR this season, they probably would have won it.

I am really looking forward to next season, hopefully without Michael Masi and this whole style of officiating that we've had to endure this season.
mik

Post by mik »

Ham is so much better at the post-race stuff now - almost none of the whinging that I previously disliked him for, and yes he was extremely generous with his comments, given the situation.

I did vom a little into my mouth when he started going on about how it was still a pandemic and he hoped everyone was safe with their families yada yada.
mik

Post by mik »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:30 am
Yeah, I think if they'd had GR this season, they probably would have won it.
A Yaris? ;)

Maybe at Estoril…..
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

mik wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:32 am Ham is so much better at the post-race stuff now - almost none of the whinging that I previously disliked him for, and yes he was extremely generous with his comments, given the situation.

I did vom a little into my mouth when he started going on about how it was still a pandemic and he hoped everyone was safe with their families yada yada.
Exactly why he is still unlikable :lol:

I'm glad he lost, hopefully come back stronger and less preachy - who knows, might win his ex fans back as he was once a great young man.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I find it bizarre that what was a few second and perfectly decent thing to highlight could bother anyone so much, but each to their own. :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

If Race Director had said at the very start of the safety car period that all cars would be allowed to un lap then Mercedes may have pitted Hamilton.

Calling it after Verstappen had pitted but before Hamilton had a chance to was just wrong. Hamilton would have preferred 1 racing lap, on softs, but starting it behind Max then 1 racing lap on very old hard compounds starting in front.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:01 pm I find it bizarre that what was a few second and perfectly decent thing to highlight could bother anyone so much, but each to their own. :lol:
Whist we have you, I’d like to thank you Duncs - not just for your responses on this thread, but for all your forum contributions this year. Man, we’ve all had a tough time, and your inputs have really helped me through this. It really means a lot man. I just want to say that man, I hope you and your family keep safe during this upcoming festive period, and I pray to the lord sky pixie to bless you all with his (or her) undying love and care. Blessings (yc).
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

mik wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:13 pm
duncs500 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:01 pm I find it bizarre that what was a few second and perfectly decent thing to highlight could bother anyone so much, but each to their own. :lol:
Whist we have you, I’d like to thank you Duncs - not just for your responses on this thread, but for all your forum contributions this year. Man, we’ve all had a tough time, and your inputs have really helped me through this. It really means a lot man. I just want to say that man, I hope you and your family keep safe during this upcoming festive period, and I pray to the lord sky pixie to bless you all with his (or her) undying love and care. Blessings (yc).
Thanks mik, your sentiments really mean a lot. I will share them with my family and we reciprocate those wishes to you and your family.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:10 pm If Race Director had said at the very start of the safety car period that all cars would be allowed to un lap then Mercedes may have pitted Hamilton.

Calling it after Verstappen had pitted but before Hamilton had a chance to was just wrong. Hamilton would have preferred 1 racing lap, on softs, but starting it behind Max then 1 racing lap on very old hard compounds starting in front.
Absolutely right, compared to that tyre deficit you'd choose P2 and a faster car. Although MV would have taken him out if he tried to pass anyway. :lol:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

I want to watch that last lap a few more times. I recall Max's overtake was pretty aggressive, obviously, up the inside and maybe not quite off the track. When Lewis came back at him it must have come down to Max being able to brake later to stay in front. Fair play to Lewis for not making contact as he probably knew that was his last chance.

And I want to listen to the commentary again - as soon as Lewis got passed my 6 year old son started bawling his eyes out (bless him!) and didn't stop until Max was out of the car and we saw Lewis sat there quietly contemplating, still in his car.
Left over crest; tightens.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

That's incredibly exclusionary isn't it mik? :roll:
mik

Post by mik »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:42 pm
That's incredibly exclusionary isn't it mik? :roll:
Sheesh - that wasn’t my intent - I’d also love to thank you Mike - not just for your responses on this thread, but for all your forum contributions this year. Man, we’ve all had a tough time, and your inputs have really helped me through this. It really means a lot man. I just want to say that man, I hope you and your family keep safe during this upcoming festive period, and I pray to the lord sky pixie to bless you all with his (or her) undying love and care. Blessings (yc).
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

:lol:

Not quite what I meant though
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Fake! There is no reverting or doing of the needful :roll:
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gwaredd wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:39 pm a happy daughter as she loves Max

I'm sorry for your loss :(
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

You would need to go through each race and each incident and see what, if any influence Masi had. A lot of stick he and Liberty get online is down to the stewards decisions.

Having said that I was kinda surprised as I had foolishly posted a pic of our tree going up and Dave aka Rev had posted "conrgats to Max" on his page so I watched the whole race totally bemused and wondered if Dave:

A. was on drugs
B. was having a laugh or
C. had gone on to say great fight, you narrowly missed out.

I enjoyed the season and for me, the dodgy decisions seemed to even out. Both drivers on balance were streets ahead of the others and to have such a close season in what has not been an especially competitive rule period was great.

Max seems to get pelters for saying things and doing things that MS and Senna did and said for years. He does have a very aggressive style but so have any other number of drivers but not being at the front they don't get eth screen time or post match analysis.

I am delighted Max won, and or the sport, I think it adds to the excitement of the rule change for 2022 as we may well have 2 WC competing at the front and having his first WC may just polish off some of the jaggy edges that Max shows on and off track.

I would like to see Lewis get Number 8 just to shut up the haters.

I would also love to see GR, LN, DR and even probably Sainz and Leclerc fighting up the front.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Red Bull have offered Latifi a lifetime's supply as a thank you. Not sure that's a gift worth having.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Gavin wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:45 pm I think it adds to the excitement of the rule change for 2022 as we may well have 2 WC competing at the front
And at the end, Liberty deciding who they want to win and engineering the scenario…

I haven’t watched F1 for a while but was tempted to by the narrative behind this season.

But if that’s the way things are these days I won’t bother
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I think it’s time for the FIA and Mercedes to have one of those “confidential agreements”.
Mercedes withdraw their appeal in return for Masi leaving and a public apology. It’s the only correct thing at this point.
How about not having a sig at all?
mik

Post by mik »

With some millions transferred too.