No F1 thread?

Mito Man

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Mito Man »

Connected up to oxygen, hope it’s just smoke inhalation and nothing more serious long term.
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I’d imagine it’s just as a precaution, he’s got good skin colour and his voice doesn’t sound off
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

jamcg wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:42 pm And now strolls on his roof....... both involved kvyat
Cheap shot, kvyats only input on the first one was to be driving in a straight line on a straight and have someone chop across the front of him :lol:
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just seen a replay again on the news. I think Grosjean is missing a shoe or it’s just burnt so it looks like a sock!
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:50 pm Just seen a replay again on the news. I think Grosjean is missing a shoe or it’s just burnt so it looks like a sock!
Yeah I spotted that. I also didn't spot until I saw the Sky clip mik posted, but it almost looks as though the first flames erupt just before or leterally just as the car starts to hit the barrier.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

When I saw the fireball and then they didn't go back I was pretty worried. As others have said, possibly his season and F1 career are over but like everyone here, I am astounded he walked away relatively unhurt.

Other than that a decent midfield scrap at times but nothing sensational.

Has there been any official word on his standing down and any replacement?
mik

Post by mik »

He is due to retire at the end of this season isn’t he? 2 races remaining?

Based solely on the reported minor nature of his injuries, I suspect there is no reason he won’t be physically fit for the last race - if not both remaining events. I think I might be counting all my chickens, thanking all the sky pixies and feigning a sore tummy though - given the scale of that crash his injuries are incredible.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

mik wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:56 am He is due to retire at the end of this season isn’t he? 2 races remaining?

Based solely on the reported minor nature of his injuries, I suspect there is no reason he won’t be physically fit for the last race - if not both remaining events. I think I might be counting all my chickens, thanking all the sky pixies and feigning a sore tummy though - given the scale of that crash his injuries are incredible.
I thought you had ducks?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

Fair point.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Yes I don't think I'd be tempting the racing gods with the final two races of the season. I'm not a particularly religious person but if I were Romain I'd find it hard not to think this was the almighty telling me my luck was running out!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Absolutely amazing how well those overalls worked in a fireball.

Dave!
Marv

Post by Marv »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:41 pm
McSwede wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:13 pm
Carlos wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:08 pm Incredible response from the safety team 8-)
Indeed it was. First class. More than can be said for the first fireman on the scene.
I noticed that, he was hopeless... thank fuck he wasn't the only one there!

Just incredible that he got out of that with relatively minor injuries. He was in the fireball a good while as well, but when you see what he had to get himself out of it's not surprising. I know the halo saved his life, be even with the halo he was incredibly lucky to be able to find his way out.
Then the fire marshall who kept pointlessly spraying the front of Lance Strolls upturned car... Then got shoved out of the way by an FIA official/medic 😆

Anyone else notice the guy with the cutting torch, cutting away at the barrier where Grosjean crashed, wasn't wearing any PPE 😂

Very lucky that the car inbedded into the barrier in a way that Grosjean was still able to climb out. If he was trapped, it might have been a very different story...
Oui, je suis un motard.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Grosjean expected to be discharged from hospital sometime tomorrow

Pietro Fittipaldi confirmed to race for haas at the next race, no mention of Abu Dhabi as of yet
mik

Post by mik »

This is weird cos it isn’t how I saw it at all.

Footage I saw stayed with the leaders until it was clear he was safe.

I appreciate you must have a different view as a driver having just been starkly reminded of the dangers.

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

No one died - why wouldn't they show it in detail? And as per Miks, they didn't show it at all until they'd established he was out.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Hamilton to miss the next GP after testing positive for Covid. It scuppers his chances of having 100 wins by the close of the season.
Marv

Post by Marv »

mikeyb wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:35 am Hamilton to miss the next GP after testing positive for Covid. It scuppers his chances of having 100 wins by the close of the season.
100 Pole Positions, surely!?!
Oui, je suis un motard.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

It won’t happen, but I’d love to see George Russell get the call up
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

jamcg wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:59 am It won’t happen, but I’d love to see George Russell get the call up
it's a good point - it may lead to a rare opportunity for someone else to drive the Merc
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

That would be great. Handy the Championship is done and dusted. Hoping he doesn't get too ill with it.
Left over crest; tightens.