No F1 thread?

NotoriousREV

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by NotoriousREV »

JLv3.0 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:35 pm As you like mate. ZFG.

If that's how you see me - nothing I can do about it.
Stop being so bloody sensitive 😂
Middle-aged Dirtbag
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

I don't know what the fuck's up with me these days 😂 - no sense of humour whatsoever.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Chill out JL, don’t take it all so seriously.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Yep - I know.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The slomo shot of the sauber taking a bite out of the back of the toro rosso was awesome
Cheers, Harry
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

JL - I agree, it is a rare Monaco GP that provides much in the way of racing or entertainment. It was great to see Ricciardo win though.
Mr Pish
Currently Driving: Model 3 Performance

Post by Mr Pish »

NotoriousREV wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:12 pm
Mr Pish wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:36 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:08 pm I'm no fan of F1 but a question to those who are - surely even you lot find the Monaco GP to be a total waste of time? I fully understand why it has to exist, but as a race it's a total failure nowadays isn't it?
I have lost interest in F1, it’s gone to far down the PC rule book path for me, the cars look stupid and sound awful

Even 4K doesn’t do anything to redeem the dullness, the missus just said “this is so dull now, I used to enjoy watching senna”
Name 1 single “PC rule”, you cretin.
I know you have a pathological need to big yourself up for your circle jerk mates but at least do it for a subject you at least have a little but of knowledge

watch this classic bit of actual racing from back in the day, it wouldn't be allowed now, crossing lines, going off track, blocking, not yielding to a car that's part way beside you, aggressive driving etc.

Hamilton would be on the radio bitching like a little boy demanding the stewards take action for rule infringements

Join us, join the Teslarati!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Yeah, and bring back fatalities - drivers and crowd please.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Those guys were pussies. Let’s start putting the engines in the front and the fuel tanks under the seat again. Nothing like seeing a driver get skewered on a drive shaft in a fireball to bring the excitement back
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

There’s literally nothing in that video that wouldn’t happen today. I’ve seen all of that this season: wheel banging, side-by-side with people trying to go around the outside, outrageous late braking. All I see there is 2 drivers giving each other just enough room whilst battling hard.

If you want to set yourself as our resident F1 Idiot Savant, you’ll need to tell me exactly which of today’s rules were broken, when, and by whom.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 8:11 am There’s literally nothing in that video that wouldn’t happen today. I’ve seen all of that this season: wheel banging, side-by-side with people trying to go around the outside, outrageous late braking. All I see there is 2 drivers giving each other just enough room whilst battling hard.
This.

The only thing in that video that doesn’t play true with modern f1 is that there is nowhere near enough advertising sponsorship
sec

Post by sec »

Mr Pish wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:46 am
Mr Pish wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 2:36 pm

I have lost interest in F1, it’s gone to far down the PC rule book path for me, the cars look stupid and sound awful

Even 4K doesn’t do anything to redeem the dullness, the missus just said “this is so dull now, I used to enjoy watching senna”
I know you have a pathological need to big yourself up for your circle jerk mates but at least do it for a subject you at least have a little but of knowledge

watch this classic bit of actual racing from back in the day, it wouldn't be allowed now, crossing lines, going off track, blocking, not yielding to a car that's part way beside you, aggressive driving etc.

Hamilton would be on the radio bitching like a little boy demanding the stewards take action for rule infringements

What has any of that got to do with being / not being PC? :roll:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

It’s the grid girls... they were so much better when Senna was there.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

How do we know the drivers from “the good old days” didn’t bitch and moan on the radio? They didn’t televise them until about 15 years ago?

I did enjoy Stroll being a complete and utter bellend once again, “something’s wrong with the front of the car” - the little self entitled prick even said that post race he picked up a puncture. No shit Sherlock you clouted the back of another car, seemingly ignored it and are still surprised that you picked up a puncture.
How about not having a sig at all?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

We did occasionally see them trying to knock lumps out of each other in the pit lane :lol:.

I reckon Hamilton and Vettell would be rubbish in a fight. Riciardo would probably do alright though.
An absolute unit
NotoriousREV

Post by NotoriousREV »

I reckon Kimi would be pretty brutal in a fight.
Middle-aged Dirtbag
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Aye, as is usually the way the people who look most likely to be able to fight are the ones least likely to start one :lol:.
An absolute unit
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

So here's the golden era of F1 and Monaco then :lol: - Mansell in the lead for 70 laps, has an issue, pits then can't get past Senna when he rejoins.

Yay. Epic.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

sec wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 12:44 pm
Mr Pish wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 7:46 am

What has any of that got to do with being / not being PC? :roll:
Moustaches- no one has one these days, so they’re obviously anti-moustachians. Bloody fascists. 😡
Cheers,

Ian
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Mon May 14, 2018 9:13 pm I hate forums with a million stickies, but one sticky at the top with links to the popular / ongoing threads like the years f1 thread and the tv and film ones might be worth having? 🤔
imo the most posted on topics should stay at the top. Simples. If there’s 10 F1/spotted/etc threads, then so be it. That’s part of “no moderation” rules to me. No one person tries to steer the direction.
Matt - can you please sticky that?